Without Mercy res ...ULT will be OP

Competitive Discussion
Mercy was what kept the Ults from getting out of hand. Now you are defending the pt ...team used two or three ults at once = 4 or 5 kills = they take the pt every time.

Now thank goodness only on the asian server do you even see ppl combo ults ..NA and EU just don't seem smart enough to do this on average.

Ults will have to be lengthened ...or the balance with ults will be completely gone now.
There will now be nothing to counter an ult now ....

this is not smart ...make Diva more aggressive so she is not defending the pt ..Her Def matrix is only go to eat enemy ults ...but if she is not on pt any more.

No more mercy res means Ults will be unstoppable .....the new counter will be to get off the dam pt , then the enemy team will gain superior position in their atk .

This is bad and will kill the game even more than the terrible season six changes
Just remember that both team can use ults.
Also you're so close minded that you forgot other support ults exist.

The game will shift into a fast phase style instead of a cat and mouse game with mercy, who actually gets to rez after respawning if we didn't manage to team wipe correctly.

I still think that new ult of her needs to be tooned down a bit. 20 seconds is too long for an ult.
Yes there is a lucio ult ...but then what?

Name the ults that cancel the big ults of diva or junkrat tire that is now getting faster . what will cancel these other than sound barrier

You saying both team can use ults ....did you think it was even worth pointing out a first day player knows ..you implying I didn't know this , just made you seem stupid.

I think it should be 20 sec as well

and if you take offense to my comment on you saying sometning so obvious , well you could but then that makes you a incredibly mentally weak human being. Up to you on that one buddy.
The Mercy change is one of the best things they could have done. It makes her much more enjoyable to play along with a higher skill cap.

Mouse 1, hiding, and hitting Q is not fun to play.
Man, if only the meta hadn't been dominated by none mercy supports, you might actually have had a valid point.
I love the changes, but I am concerned about the fact that she can't counter an ult push like Zen and Lucio can (best she can do is team boost and hope they can kill faster, 60 health a second isn't going to save people during ult pushes), or create a push like Ana can. Also still no constant utility.

I think she looks fun as hell, but wonder if she will be viable in the long run.
08/25/2017 03:30 AMPosted by Paradox

Name the ults that cancel the big ults of diva or junkrat tire that is now getting faster . what will cancel these other than sound barrier

You saying both team can use ults ....did you think it was even worth pointing out a first day player knows ..you implying I didn't know this , just made you seem stupid.

Man, unless you have zero ping and insane reflexes, don't rely on a lucio sound barrier to save you from either of those. Hide from D.Va ult and shoot or hide from Junks ult, I killed one just tonight as luc.

But, what you're saying is, games without Mercy have out of control ults?
I've had plenty of games where no ones played Mercy and we've done fine. Sounds like scaremongering;)
If you watch the top games played at the high levels, they only run Mercy for Pharmecy, and that's certainly not all the time. And they don't have problems with ults.
Maybe offense on 2nd point on 2cp will finally be playable.
08/25/2017 03:30 AMPosted by Paradox

I think it should be 20 sec as well

and if you take offense to my comment on you saying sometning so obvious , well you could but then that makes you a incredibly mentally weak human being. Up to you on that one buddy.

You sound pretty ridiculous and are portraying yourself to be the weak one . You say there will be nothing to counter Ults and he is simply pointing out that while that may be so it's the same for both teams.

Also I hate to break it to you but you don't require an ult to counter a large amount of the DPS ults, you simply need a stun of some sort or even focus fire. Teams that run 2/2/2 or even a 3/2/1 put a lot of resources into team kills if another team is separated or running dive because of the positioning so it sucks when Mercy pulls off a 5 man rez simply because the enemy team was trying to focus on objective and didn't search the whole map for her.

There are currently only 2 Ults that have no real counter aside from running and they are Doomfist and Sombra. Whereas any other Ult can be focused down or interupted. D.va's Ult is blocked by lamps, payloads and a multitude of things and Junkrats tire has so little health it's hard to be effective with.
bronze lul.
Lucio, Zen Ult and Mercy's also boosts her healing and can result in an instant 2 man Rez. DVa's Defence Matrix nerf makes it harder to work against ults but at least it's still there.
08/25/2017 04:16 AMPosted by Tankz
Man, if only the meta hadn't been dominated by none mercy supports, you might actually have had a valid point.

You mean the lucio and zen dive meta?
08/25/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Rook
08/25/2017 04:16 AMPosted by Tankz

You mean the lucio and zen dive meta?

That's what his sarcasm was getting at.

Everyone still demonizes Mercy anyway. Oh well! The new Mercy looks more fun anyway, so thanks I guess! XD
In this thread: OP completely forgets what "ultimate ability" means.
Mercy and D.Va both kept ults from being out of hand :D

Literally before you ulted you needed to make sure D.Va was out of mech and Mercy was dead. Now you can ult to your hearts content, and I can't wait.

Can't wait to play a game or two without a D.Va. Mercy will still be a must pick, but won't be so irritating to play against.
08/25/2017 04:08 AMPosted by harkypoo
The Mercy change is one of the best things they could have done. It makes her much more enjoyable to play along with a higher skill cap.

Mouse 1, hiding, and hitting Q is not fun to play.

Same with D.VA she is a blast to play now as well. D.VA will probably be my #2 pick beyond Mercy in S6.
Don't even know what the hell OP is going on about. Making such a ridiculous claim that this change will kill the game. That's bogus. This change is great news, adding a whole bunch of spice to the pot.
Oh no, you can no longer trade res for 2-3 ults!

What a tragedy.