Loot boxes: duplicate items not showing as such

Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Just Bought 24 boxes and spent 3 hours checking. Everything SEEMS okay but i'm not super high level and i havn't had a duplicate since patch dropped. I'll Keep recording box openings> Checked xBE4N's video it seems one of his ana sprays was a duplicate, the 4th item in the box. Yet he did not get credits
Hey folks,

We still have no confirmed cases of situations where a duplicate was received and credits were not granted. Thus far, it's all been misremembering the details. Keep in mind that there are about 3000 unlockable items in the game right now. It's extremely hard (I would go so far as to say impossible for most of us) for our minds to keep track of that many things at once, especially when we consider that some items are only available for some characters, and some are available for all characters. Fortunately, we've got logs on our end that can confirm this. For some examples:

08/31/2017 10:14 PMPosted by Wertui9000
i bought 24 loot boxes got the Sweden player icon 3 times and got no credits for it

I investigated this issue and in that purchase pack, the Sweden icon doesn't seem to have been received in the 24 pack. You did receive three different flag icons - China/Germany/Egypt. None of these were duplicates from our records. Can you check your player icons for me to ensure you have those three flags?

09/03/2017 11:40 PMPosted by xBE4N
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=me-IXmhEfAE . . . . . . . this is the only one i recorded

The sarcophagus spray is a general spray for all characters (rather than an Ana spray) and isn't reflected in your character-specific totals. Try applying it to, say, McCree's spray wheel, and you'll see what I'm talking about here. This is actually a common point of confusion we see with the UI - the general "for everybody" sprays don't have a home in the character unlocks. Some items that seem to fit with a certain characters' themes can be used by all characters, such as this sarcophagus spray.

09/01/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Calen
Today however, it's gotten WORSE. I literally opened a lootbox with 4 new items, however when I went to my hero gallery they were nowhere in sight! So now I don't get credits OR items apparently. :/ So you have a specific example, I got the Reaper "shrug" emote out of a lootbox, and sure enough, it was nowhere to be seen in my hero gallery (come to think of it, this actually happened before with the exact same emote) :(

The "Shrug" item you received wasn't an emote, but a Victory Pose. Out of this same box, you received the Torborjörn skin "Grön", the Tracer voice line "The world needs more heroes" and the Roadhog spray "Toxic." None of these seem to have been duplicates. You should see all of these items in your list - mind checking that out for me?

We're still investigating the possibility of a display issue causing these not to show up in the collection properly, but everything I have on my end still points to this just being our brains expecting something incorrect and receiving something else, then worrying about the progress. Again, remember that this is a LOT to keep track of for people, and most of us don't think about things we aren't specifically hunting until we receive them (such as a particular skin for Soldier that we really like.)

Please do keep any videos/reports coming so we can try to reproduce this. It may also be useful to have reproduction steps if you find that it only happens when you do certain things in game. The more specific you are about the issue (when you saw it happen, what you received, what you think was a duplicate) the more likely we can figure this out together.
Great post
09/04/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Foldaren
i havn't had a duplicate since patch dropped.

I actually don't think I got a single duplicate until I hit the 100% mark on the white & blue non-event items. I'm not sure what the rate on duplicates actually is but it has to be very rare.
More days passed and i kept an eye on my boxes, new tags and such and i think..... my brain was playing tricks on me indeed. I was sure i've unlocked some stuff from the classic pool but it might be items from the beta days.

Now i'm seeing more and more Doomfist and Orisa stuff because ive almost exhausted the pool for the early heroes. Well.... screw my brain.
Idk what's going on but,the past 5 loot boxes I've gotten have all been dupes. I thought Blizzard fixed this problem.
What about not reciving as much credits overall? as you can't get dupes for credits as often now.
"BLIZZARD PLZ I SWEAR I HAD THIS ITEM"

- Everyone in this thread.
09/08/2017 11:39 AMPosted by p7m
i bought 24 loot boxes got the Sweden player icon 3 times and got no credits for it it has happen to me on other times to but just cant think of it its just that is when i knew there was something off

Troll or dumb? How do you claim to get 3 Swedish flags and then the dev says you got 0. LMFAO
Could always be another bug, the game showing him the same flag every time...
Blizz pls i swer i got widow Noire skin from drop but its still locke ??

0/10 troll post sorry.
Noticed I was getting a lot of duplicates recently. Then I realized most of my collection is 80-90% filled now..
09/08/2017 12:42 PMPosted by McNeo
Blizz pls i swer i got widow Noire skin from drop but its still locke ??

0/10 troll post sorry.

no. none of that.

shame on you
09/07/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Krillkill
Idk what's going on but,the past 5 loot boxes I've gotten have all been dupes. I thought Blizzard fixed this problem.

If you have the majority of the commons and rares (grey and blues), then of course you're gonna get dupes for those as the game has no more to give you. I can confirm that it is fixed because I'm only getting dupes for grey and blue since I have every grey and blue item that isn't event related.
09/08/2017 11:39 AMPosted by p7m
i bought 24 loot boxes got the Sweden player icon 3 times and got no credits for it it has happen to me on other times to but just cant think of it its just that is when i knew there was something off

Troll or dumb? How do you claim to get 3 Swedish flags and then the dev says you got 0. LMFAO

Try to leave your troll accusations, dumb-calling and laughing your !@# off till after the conversation has concluded and the participants have reached a conclusion on what actually happened.
This bug is true and I can prove it, today I got a loot box and in the box I received a few things and out of those things one of them was junkrats “Kaboom” voice lines which I previously had and when I checked my voice lines it didn’t show me a new symbol or give me credits for the duplicate if you would like to investigate please do my PSN is mo_playnet and I have a recorded video if you guys want confirmation.
Thank you.
Blizzard this is real igot duplicates but they mark as a new item i got a bastion voice line it marked as new but when i went into the hero gallery nothing was marked new then i got a legendry tracer skin it was marked as new but it wasn i have video proof already tweeted them to playoverwatch on twiter
Well, if I can help, I will. I thought I've gotten a few duplicates here and there, but I am not 100% sure (which is what brought me to this thread). I play a lot (too much) and am about to flip to level one again - so I'll be getting a lot of loot boxes in a short amount of time. I'm going to snap a picture of every character's profile (the profile pic that lists the number of items in each category) and then will open loot boxes once I have about 10 - 20. If I think I get a duplicate, I'll simply stop at that box, go to the character's profile that I think got the dup, and then compare the number of "unlocks" to the pic on my phone.

If I find anything, I'll report back here. My honest opinion is that we are probably getting tons of new stuff, but that a duplicate here and there might not be cashing out coins. I'll soon find out. Give me a few days of play time.
Got this bug while ago but didn't mind screening it so no proof for me. Now i get 4 dupes per box though.

Also i've seen another bug. Got D.Va police badge icon, was a dupe (i've got one from HOTS promo), got credits so it's okay, but badge icon was marked as new in icon gallery after getting a dupe.
08/30/2017 03:14 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Heya everybody,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Our Quality Assurance team is actually checking this out now, but hasn't been able to reproduce the issue. We haven't found anything abnormal about the accounts reporting this just yet. It looks like there haven't been many if any duplicates actually gained.

It sounds like this may be a display issue, but we'll need to get a little more information to confirm what's going on here. Can any of you get a screenshot or video of this happening and upload it somewhere, then link it to this thread? We can have our folks take a look and see what we can find.

Appreciated!

I didn't get credits for the Ana Wasteland legendary duplicate. I had been hoarding normal lootboxes before the Summer Games event and when the event came out I decided to open all of my boxes and I got that skin but no credits. Can you check that for me? I probably opened those lootboxes the day the Summer Games came out or the day after.

Here is a video of me using the Ana Wasteland skin when I was level 255 (March). When the Summer Games came out I was level 627. Now I am level 697.
https://gfycat.com/InfantileDizzyBear