Wheres all the tank and support mains at?

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
Look you personally can be good Dps, But there are many people who are doing what your doing but have no time in dps, nor know what they are doing.
Drop in game hero that can one shot 80% of the rooster, and not be punished by the tanks and you will have huge disbalance.

I am mostly maining tanks, and it is just not satisfactory anymore. Especially when I get gold elims and dmg with winston in game with 3 instalock dps. Not that I am pro winston, both elims and dmg is is really low for it to be gold in game, it is just that ppl instalock dps, charge and die.

I literally went in match where we all went dps, while the other team went 2/2/2. We wiped then on El Dorado without any difficulties. Maybe new meta is in town and it is AllDPSStackMeta.

I hardly play support, only when I have to, I am terrible at it.

Roll queue may solve all these problems. At least implement it, and if it doesn't work, just pull it off.
09/03/2017 03:27 PMPosted by Django
Literally getting no tanks or supports in my matches. Did they uninstall the game?

just a funny fact: watched a top500 player doing placements the last 2 days on 3 fresh accounts.

1. account: 10wins as dps: gets placed 3800
2. account 9wins as tank: gets placed 3100
3. account: 8wins as support: gets placed 2800

it doesnt feel rewarding playing tank and support atm with so many people instalocking dps and not playing to win. especially smurfs who just pick dps, no matter what map it is, what heroes other people pick.

i'm not high elo like you.. but i'm getting tired.
also of all the reworks of the heroes i play.
a lot of dps bashing in this thread, i see just as many bad mercys, winstons, dva's who don't know what they can and can't matrix. My favorite is mercys who pocket rein with healing stream while he has his shield up. I see so many mercy's who just pocket the tank its so annoying.
ROFL. I love when I pick Lucio, and I always will bc he's my main and about 3 times as quality as my mercy, and an insta pick DPS will ask me to swap to mercy. Literally every game I am asked to swap to Mercy for the rez.

Do you guys realize we played 4 seasons without rez and were totally fine. Stop relying on rez. I can't wait til the changes. I know it will make mercy even more mandatory...

And I know the changes will make it so DPS will want to play such a powerful character esp knowing they can fly to me up on whatever wall I'm on. I love it when I solo heal koth as lucio W/ 3-6k heals a round and am asked to swap to mercy solo heals. Are you kidding me man?

Youre literally only dying bc you think you can throw urself into a team of 3 and walk out alive. Play smart and I will outheal mercy any day of the week, not get picked bc y'all can't peel, and still beat a DPS or 2 on will medals.

NO. YOU PLAY MERCY.
09/04/2017 06:33 PMPosted by Doomfist
a lot of dps bashing in this thread, i see just as many bad mercys, winstons, dva's who don't know what they can and can't matrix. My favorite is mercys who pocket rein with healing stream while he has his shield up. I see so many mercy's who just pocket the tank its so annoying.

There is nothing worse than a bad mercy or rein. Nothing. A bad dps won't lose you the game bc of a bad play. Bad mercys and bad reins, or even good ones who make mistakes like anyone would, they take all the heat for the loss. They have so much responsibility and the entire team is punished so hard for their mistakes, why would you want to solo queue and watch a Hanzo insta lock and get a pick or two, then get flamed by them bc you missed a rez or charge that gets results in ur team getting wiped?

I think all pro Genjis should be required to mercy 50% of their games just to give them some perspective.
09/04/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Redkewlaid

There is nothing worse than a bad mercy or rein. Nothing. A bad dps won't lose you the game bc of a bad play. Bad mercys and bad reins, or even good ones who make mistakes like anyone would, they take all the heat for the loss. They have so much responsibility and the entire team is punished so hard for their mistakes, why would you want to solo queue and watch a Hanzo insta lock and get a pick or two, then get flamed by them bc you missed a rez or charge that gets results in ur team getting wiped?

I think all pro Genjis should be required to mercy 50% of their games just to give them some perspective.

I dont know what to make of this...on the one hand its basically saying that bad tanks and supports lose games which is kinda bs...on the other hand its telling dps players to play support and know how much pressure supports and tanks have to deal with.
I'm not going to heal when I get no support, and I am not going to tank when I am not backed up. We are also running into an issue where Ana really isn't as great as she used to be since her nerfs, and relies so much more heavily on her team + has no mobility. That basically leaves us Zen, Mercy, and Lucio, all of which get !@#$ on by a half-decent Tracer or Genji. With regards to tanks, Hog is honestly awful at tanking, and is more like a pick for the other team due to how much ult he allows them to generate.

I've been playing primarily Tracer on my alt account, and it really is crazy how I can chase a Mercy through an entire team as she flies between team members, kill her, and still not be killed by them. I don't even know if they notice me.
09/04/2017 06:57 PMPosted by Redkewlaid

The only thing worse than a bad mercy or bad rein is you knowing you could do better but the !@#$er won't switch.
We all went dps because of crappy reworks. This is what happens when you cry about not being able to kill the healer or demech dva.
09/04/2017 06:16 PMPosted by lemonworld
09/03/2017 03:27 PMPosted by Django
Literally getting no tanks or supports in my matches. Did they uninstall the game?

just a funny fact: watched a top500 player doing placements the last 2 days on 3 fresh accounts.

1. account: 10wins as dps: gets placed 3800
2. account 9wins as tank: gets placed 3100
3. account: 8wins as support: gets placed 2800

it doesnt feel rewarding playing tank and support atm with so many people instalocking dps and not playing to win. especially smurfs who just pick dps, no matter what map it is, what heroes other people pick.

i'm not high elo like you.. but i'm getting tired.
also of all the reworks of the heroes i play.

I would love to see this, this is proof, at least for me, that the competitive is broken.

Can you send the link, plese?
09/04/2017 08:04 PMPosted by Warpp
I'm not going to heal when I get no support, and I am not going to tank when I am not backed up. We are also running into an issue where Ana really isn't as great as she used to be since her nerfs, and relies so much more heavily on her team + has no mobility. That basically leaves us Zen, Mercy, and Lucio, all of which get !@#$ on by a half-decent Tracer or Genji. With regards to tanks, Hog is honestly awful at tanking, and is more like a pick for the other team due to how much ult he allows them to generate.

I've been playing primarily Tracer on my alt account, and it really is crazy how I can chase a Mercy through an entire team as she flies between team members, kill her, and still not be killed by them. I don't even know if they notice me.

It just feels absurdly lopsided doesn't it? when you're actually in their shoes...there's like no resistance. I mean mercy can't kill you cause you're bloody tracer or genji and by the time her team does notice you she's either already dead or you're already gone. If it really is their job to just hound supports like dogs, then i swear flankers have the easiest job in the whole game.
Topics 2 weeks ago - Mercy mains every game why are you so bad even in GM you're so brainless the hero is ez no skill uninstall the game noobs.

Topics this week - Where are all the healers at ? I can't DPS properly anymore without somebody healing my !@#.

See the problem?
09/04/2017 09:59 PMPosted by McNeo
Topics 2 weeks ago - Mercy mains every game why are you so bad even in GM you're so brainless the hero is ez no skill uninstall the game noobs.

Topics this week - Where are all the healers at ? I can't DPS properly anymore without somebody healing my !@#.

See the problem?

Bingo. They asked for this and they got it
They whined for the Mercy rework. They got it. Now I'm a Junkrat/Sym main when it comes out. Let them support themselves.

Tired of it all.
I was in a couple in your games, and I think the same thing. I went dps first time we met on Ilios, and i went healer second time
Welp, I've been roadhogging for the past month. 60% WR pre and post buff. Still ranking lower ELO than any season yet. I'm about done with this game.
The problem is DPS all think they are carrying and go on these flanks by themselves leaving the tank alone on payload or they just dive around the choke leaving a most tanks and healers stuck at the choke. It's the same reason healing is tough when everyone runs off then spam they need healing the second they take damage. It's why I'm a dps main. I only play tank or healer when I'm in a group and can trust my team.
09/03/2017 03:41 PMPosted by princess
We stopped tanking and supporting for you DPS players and started instalocking DPS like you.

Subsequently, we seemed to climb to avoid those who failed us.

There is 0 reason to play tank (none are fun or interesting except Zarya and roadhog who isn't even a tank) or support (more effort for less reward than the DPS players get+more stress. It's not fun healing you when you're all stupid.)

<3<3<3<3<3<3
09/04/2017 10:09 PMPosted by unwan7ed
09/04/2017 09:59 PMPosted by McNeo

See the problem?

Bingo. They asked for this and they got it

oh yes. In quick play where there are 6 dps I tend to say "welcome to the new meta"