Wheres all the tank and support mains at?

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
09/03/2017 03:27 PMPosted by Django
Literally getting no tanks or supports in my matches. Did they uninstall the game?

No but soon enough, Destiny 2 seems to get more tempting with each passing day.
Overwatch is just not worth it anymore.
Because healers( as protrayed by the Overwatch World Cup) are useless, they get little to no screen time, unless they ult. It is a lot more fun to DPS and feel like you are making an impact rather than healing and not getting any kills.
We are sick of having to baby sit 4-5 braindead zombies in your team, in a meta that almost every pick is with the reasoning to dive and just delete the supports !
Just echoing what everyone else has been saying. Can't count the number of plat/diamond games this season and last where I've had gold elims/damage as Zarya, Winston, or Zenyatta. Until the people instalocking DPS can actually do DPS, don't blame others for not wanting to support garbage gameplay.

I've played 29 games this season as tank/support and 2 as DPS. I feel confident that if I instalocked 76 going forward, it's just a matter of time before getting back to master.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758818043

Shared my insight - this game is revolving too much on DPS players, and people are more often playing a DPS because you can influence much more a match.
We're dead....

The reaper that goes behind and no one bothers to stop? Yep killed us

The Winston that jumped over the group and you ignored him? Yep, killed us

The tracer you ignore because she ran behind and didn't shoot you? Shooting us and we're dead

The Pharah that goes unchecked because hitscan can hit her? Yep, killed us

While your running off being the "one man army" your healers are busy being battle Mercy, speed boost lucio and jumping Ana to stay up and push off 15k heals only to lose in the end and lose massive amounts of SR.

It's tiring, stressful and plain frustrating to be the butt end of your toxic blaming of healing when you leave us for glory as you try that top 500 play and fail miserably.
We decided after 5 seasons of playing the same few heroes it's time for a change. Unfortunately the DPS mains have decided to refuse to flex
It's a miracle I even get a team that uses mics and uses call outs.

It's even more rare to get a team that actually listens to a healer saying they need a peel.

When healers get no peels, healers die. A lot.

When healers die a lot their stats for the match suck.

When your stats for the match suck you lose a lot of SR.

I'm so sick of losing SR because of incompetent team mates.
After maining support from season 3,4,5 I feel like I need to play something else. Im maining dps this season even if I suck a little at times
we're busy babysitting the unavoidable 4-5 dps mains in very !@#$%^- match, comp and qp alike. in fact nowadays I just switch to a 6th dps and then one of them magically decides to switch.
I Play support Mercy/lucio/zen since s1.
I'm tired, so tired to see 3,4 or 5 insta pick DPS and be gold kill with my support hero.
Tired to ear "I Need Healing" from widow behind a Wall or Genji in ennemis spawns...
Tired to ear Dps Player says they carry all the game.
Sorry for my english, my native laguage is french (but i'm not a baguette lol)
I dont usually type in all caps but. ..

WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY ARE!?!?!?!?!

They're in the back hiding from all the dang overtweaked dive and attack characters in this game.

Playing a support character is unfun unless you have a decent team. there is no incentive to play it, and you literally get no respect when you do.

Support and Tanks are at the mercy of their DPS, and since it's a toss up whether you get a team oriented DPS or just another deathmatcher. . .

How do people not understand this?
We're dead....

While your running off being the "one man army" your healers are busy being battle Mercy, speed boost lucio and jumping Ana to stay up and push off 15k heals only to lose in the end and lose massive amounts of SR.

[/quote]

I played a game this morning before class where a insta-lock 76 started the match with, "I'm going up top, I can take care of myself". When he was "obviously dying, guess what he did? Of course he complained about the healing he wasn't receiving. So, I switched to JR, left voice chat and had fun.
Tank and support main here reporting for duty!
09/06/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Mightymouse
We're dead....

The reaper that goes behind and no one bothers to stop? Yep killed us

The Winston that jumped over the group and you ignored him? Yep, killed us

The tracer you ignore because she ran behind and didn't shoot you? Shooting us and we're dead

The Pharah that goes unchecked because hitscan can hit her? Yep, killed us

It's tiring, stressful and plain frustrating to be the butt end of your toxic blaming of healing when you leave us for glory as you try that top 500 play and fail miserably.

So much this.

I really enjoy playing DVA, but when the entire match involves me babysitting my supports from a Genji/Tracer while listening to my DPS cry out for healing, I get a little discouraged.

I actually had a match today where I was on DVA with 5 DPS. I said F you guys, switched to Soldier. It only took the first point of being steamrolled before people swapped to a decent comp and we won. STOP INSTA LOCKING DPS! Especially when you suck at it.
It doesn't feel rewarding to play the other 2 roles.

I'm sick and tired of filling every game. You have better chances carrying while playing DPS then playing any other role.

You're not rewarded for tanking and you're not rewarded for healing. It is painful, stressful and sometimes it feels like you can't do anything.

The better dps will always win the game for his team. Rarely will you see a support completely destroy the enemy team.

The performance system favors playing DPS imo.

Also, just to give out an example :

I'm much more comfortable playing support than any other roles. I have a university team that is still in progress. I'd rather take the DPS spot with my current team because I'm the highest ranked player. I'd rather take the DPS role because I can stand out more and bring more to my team because I have a better chance of carrying that role than if I play support. I'd rather player support, but I'm limited on how much I can carry.
09/06/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Fouflet
I Play support Mercy/lucio/zen since s1.
I'm tired, so tired to see 3,4 or 5 insta pick DPS and be gold kill with my support hero.
Tired to ear "I Need Healing" from widow behind a Wall or Genji in ennemis spawns...
Tired to ear Dps Player says they carry all the game.
Sorry for my english, my native laguage is french (but i'm not a baguette lol)

Had this today with a junkrat saying he was carrying as I'm healing the crap out of him because he can't stay at a distance (must be in face). I said nothing but thought you wouldn't be killing squat if you didn't have my constant healing stream...

Think next win I heal I'm going to say your welcome for carry because I kept you all alive.
Chillin', not in Grandmaster xD
All the pressure. All the blame. First ones to die. Less SR gains than DPS. Just a few reasons people get tired of support/tank.

Eventually, Blizz will have to offer increased rewards for tanks/supports, just like they had to in WoW.
all of the above! plus, the roster of DPS vs Tank vs Healer is sooo lop sided. there are simply more DPS options to play.