Unit Lost's Winners of Season 6

General Discussion
Go watch a pro ptr pug (plenty of them on twitch/youtube). Better quality info than anything these youtubers pump out.
The only one I really disagree with is Orisa.
08/31/2017 12:35 PMPosted by HanoOd23
WHAT ABOUT OUR FAVORITE SWEDISH DWARF?!
I cant believe that you guys forgot to include him!!!

Hey, I ain't the one who didn't include him on the list.

It's weird that he wasn't, but I always felt if they reduced Torbs critbox and let his turret start at 150 health instead of building up to it, he'd be fine
08/31/2017 12:31 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
08/31/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Lunar

So yeah, I am having a hard time seeing Ana as a winner. If we return to more slower comps and less dive, she has a chance, but negating picks and man advantages while having more mobility and all-around reliable heals - and a good ult - I think Mercy will dwarf her.

The only time I really see Ana is if we are running a bulky comp that has tanks and defense.

I do feel that despite all the hate the changes got for mercy, she will leave stronger for it since just her ult alone shows her power to solo heal a whole team

I agree with you, however even in those situations, Ana is pretty easy to overwhelm and kill at present, especially if there is no defensive usage of defense matrix. Mercy has more mobility to get out of range of a lot of heroes (or at least their effective range), while having a very lenient 20hp/s regen.

Also, as good as Ana burst heals are for tanks in particular - the moment you go one man down is when you will think to yourself: "if only we had a Mercy...", since man advantage is one of the biggest advantages you can have in this game. Add to the fact Mercy's ult is really good for more tempo rezzes and AOE healing, and just being a pain to kill said Mercy due to the uninterrupted HP regen and flight.
I can't really comment, because I don't want to give him the ad revenue.
08/31/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Lunar
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The only time I really see Ana is if we are running a bulky comp that has tanks and defense.

I do feel that despite all the hate the changes got for mercy, she will leave stronger for it since just her ult alone shows her power to solo heal a whole team

I agree with you, however even in those situations, Ana is pretty easy to overwhelm and kill at present, especially if there is no defensive usage of defense matrix. Mercy has more mobility to get out of range of a lot of heroes (or at least their effective range), while having a very lenient 20hp/s regen.

Also, as good as Ana burst heals are for tanks in particular - the moment you go one man down is when you will think to yourself: "if only we had a Mercy...", since man advantage is one of the biggest advantages you can have in this game. Add to the fact Mercy's ult is really good for more tempo rezzes and AOE healing, and just being a pain to kill said Mercy due to the uninterrupted HP regen and flight.

Yeah, that's why I feel they should atleast bring her damage up to 70 to give her something to help out.

I've heard suggestions on allowing her to boost herself, but I don't see much good coming from that when you have a nanoblade/visor/blossom/Winston ect....
08/31/2017 12:35 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
F*** Stylosa. Guy is acts like an elitist jerk. Same with Your Overwatch. Can't stand those youtubers. They have been terrible for this game, and the devs listen to them because they have quoted them word for word in dev videos. Ugh, I wish more people would think for themselves instead of being second hand people waiting for someone else to tell them what to think.

You understand that I'm putting this out there so we can challange their ideas right?

I don't think anyone should treat any figures word as gospel let alone YT'ers but it's still a POV consumed by hundreds of people and presumably players of the game we all play

I've been on these forums since day 1. I've watched as these "youtubers" have driven nearly all the discourse. Stylosa says Road Hog is OP, then everyone runs to these forums and starts screaming he is OP. Then, as if it's some kind of sick joke, Stylosa will back peddle claiming, "I didn't think RH was OP"

It's absolutely absurd. They have 0 skill with healers and tanks, yet they whine and cry about them being too powerful all the time. Down-vote this all you want, I consider it a compliment to how brain whipped people are with their youtubers.
08/31/2017 12:20 PMPosted by XenoW
Never hear at this boosted guy again pls

He is not boosted. He is very good. No joke.
Ana who dropped to C tier is a winner, and Zen who is the second most used support is a loser?

Zen has been thriving last season...What is Unit lost smoking?
08/31/2017 12:41 PMPosted by Uglesett
I can't really comment, because I don't want to give him the ad revenue.

Then comment here? It's sort of why I put up his list, you can make heads or tails it and discuss what you don't like here
who cares what some youtuber thinks. He's one person out of millions of players what makes his opinion weigh more than anyone else because he has a youtube channel. Not gonna give him free views. Now NEEBs Gaming at least those guys are funny as all heck.
08/31/2017 12:35 PMPosted by CorruptGamer

You understand that I'm putting this out there so we can challange their ideas right?

I don't think anyone should treat any figures word as gospel let alone YT'ers but it's still a POV consumed by hundreds of people and presumably players of the game we all play

I've been on these forums since day 1. I've watched as these "youtubers" have driven nearly all the discourse. Stylosa says Road Hog is OP, then everyone runs to these forums and starts screaming he is OP. Then, as if it's some kind of sick joke, Stylosa will back peddle claiming, "I didn't think RH was OP"

It's absolutely absurd. They have 0 skill with healers and tanks, yet they whine and cry about them being too powerful all the time. Down-vote this all you want, I consider it a compliment to how brain whipped people are with their youtubers.

I'm not gonna disagree with you on that they stir the pot when it comes down to what's OP or not.

The fact that you had Your Overwatch state that Junkrat was OP now, and that he was strong before was worth a good laugh.
08/31/2017 12:45 PMPosted by DerGReif2
08/31/2017 12:20 PMPosted by XenoW
Never hear at this boosted guy again pls

He is not boosted. He is very good. No joke.

He is, he only plays on his GM account with his rank#1 Pharah friend.
That guy literally carried his !@# to GM. And now that the Pharah guy doesn't play anymore. Sty only plays the bare minimum on his GM account, which is why you only see him playing QP in most of his videos. He doesn't want to lose his GM status so he can continue to act elitist. Truth hurts I know.
08/31/2017 12:13 PMPosted by CorruptGamer
*Edit*
You guys understand that I'm not agreeing with his veiws but want to see how the forums views differ and have to say about it

Unit lost put out a video today discussing what he felt were the winners and losers of season 6 given all the changes that will shake up the meta.

I'll link the video at the end, but it's pretty long and I'll just list out here;

Winners
    Ana
    Mercy
    Soldier
    Winston
    Lucio
    Rein
    Widow
    McCree
    Pharah
    Tracer
    Reaper
    Zarya

Losers
    Zen
    Roadhog
    Orisa
    Bastion

Undecided
    Junkrat
    D.VA
    Doomfist
    Genji
    Sombra

A lot of the stuff he attributes to the fact that D.VA's DM has been stripped down, however I don't think there's much of a fair shake on defense hero's who I think are going to see a lot more play because of it.

Either way, I wanna know what are your opinions on how the Meta will be after all these changes come through?

*Link to video*
https://youtu.be/ryJOBbjhh-4
I mean he did say that it was HIS OPINION, he wasn't talking for the whole community... That's why at the end of his video he asked what do his viewers think and give their own opinion on what Season 6 will be like.
08/31/2017 12:51 PMPosted by KingSPOOK
I mean he did say that it was HIS OPINION, he wasn't talking for the whole community... That's why at the end of his video he asked what do his viewers think and give their own opinion on what Season 6 will be like.

And that's what I'm doing by bringing it here because I'd be curious to see if people feel the same way or not.

But this thread is starting to devolve
If there's one thing I've learned about Overwatch in the 1-2 months I've been playing it, it's that this is one of those games with ever-changing metas. Over 1.5 years post launch and the game is still being tweaked and adjusted to find better balance.

I wouldn't let someone else's list of good/bad heroes turn you off from playing your mains, because who knows what season 7, 8 and further will bring. You can't keep changing your favorite players every few months just because of someone's personal list. If you're good at your hero, I would just carry on playing them and improving.
Too early to tell because the direction of the meta really hasn't been decided yet.

Not a terrible list or anything but I few I disagree with.

Genji and Zen are both characters that will fit with any meta so I wouldn't put them in any bracket really.

Unless you have some crazy team comps both Genji and Zen can find and will put in work against any meta.

I think you have to keep in mind while characters like Orisa, Roadhog, and Junkrat had some buffs they certainly make them better they didn't really get any buffs that fixed why they weren't picked for a team comp. The buffs are going to make people more apt to try them and groan less if someone picks them but it's likely their pick rate won't change dramatically.
08/31/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Jikkle
Too early to tell because the direction of the meta really hasn't been decided yet.

Well one thing is for certain, with D.Va DM nerfed, solider is going to be the god pick next season.
I mostly agree with his list, but we have to keep in mind that he's referring to master and above level play, not gold/plat. That being said, a few exceptions come to mind:

1) Hog. He's an unstoppable machine now that doesn't feed ult charge anywhere near as bad as he used to, and without coordination (especially without a Sombra to hack him) he basically never dies. In the hands of a decent player he becomes a real problem for the enemy team that just doesn't "go away". Sure, he's not killing them himself, but he contributes to a lot of death. He's absolutely a winner in the lower tiers, where teams aren't coordinated enough to focus him.

2) Zen. He's still the best DPS training wheels around, and now with Mercy able to pick him up instantly if he gets dived on, a death here or there won't be as punishing as it used to be. But yes, at higher levels I think Ana will replace him, especially if they figure out how to use Hog.

3) Dva. She's the old Hog now, and at lower ranks will simply disappear. She can't protect the team and can barely protect herself, and unless you're unusually skilled, can't kill squat now. Especially Pharah/Mercy, which she used to be the best counter to. If she coordinates really well with Winston, she certainly has her uses, but as a solo tank? Forget it.

Those are the main exceptions I foresee for us plebs down below. Already playing out that way over the last couple days.