Real Leaver Punishment?

Competitive Discussion
There should be a more severe punishment for leaving competitive matches, i know you get a short suspension and lose some sr but that clearly isn't enough because people still consistently leave matches and go on fine. Any suggestions?
We need to get rid of the decay system untill this gets resolve and for trolls and leavers if they get enof reports they need to be banned
Suggestion: First leave 24 hour comp ban, second leave 72 hour comp ban, third one week ban, after that season ban.
09/10/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Berserker
Suggestion: First leave 24 hour comp ban, second leave 72 hour comp ban, third one week ban, after that season ban.

I like that
09/10/2017 05:27 PMPosted by ZÃD

I like that
Theres a lot of random variables that can cause leavers (ignoring trolls who purposely leave) Repeat leavers should be banned but if you just happened to have to leave for any number of seasons such a long ban seems unfair in my opinion. I personally almost never end up leaving games but i know a lot of people that find themselves in situations where its necessary.
I've left twice since playing overwatch the first time my son was choking so I had to obviously take care of that. The second was a strange game issue where everyone was running in place and then it bumped me out, speedtest.net still had solid speeds (I pay for Comcast 2nd from top speed internet, hard lined to comp/not wifi).

If there was a way to verify or appeal a ban/penalty it would be fantastic but as numerously mentioned it is not possible to distinguish as a rage quitter could just take advantage of the system and alt f4 like a crash or unplug the internet cable to quit instead. The other option suggested as a separate que or tier for leavers to work their way out which might be a nice solution mixed with my idea where for 24 hours, 72, a week etc they are in that tier until they win enough matches to get out of the ban faster though the penalty would still elevate.

Example: I leave twice this season and get a 72 hour ban, I win my 6 matches (3 per penalty) to get back into normal comp match making but leave a third time I would face that week ban unless I now won 9 matches in the penalty que.

Penalty que could be a mix of leavers, higher reported players, etc but it gives the flexiblity if it was an honest mistake or issue to wait it out or still play through matches working your way back as in theory both teams in that que would have equal chance of offenders/trolls/etc.

Strike three...and you're out!
09/10/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Emerald
09/10/2017 05:27 PMPosted by ZÃD

I like that
Theres a lot of random variables that can cause leavers (ignoring trolls who purposely leave) Repeat leavers should be banned but if you just happened to have to leave for any number of seasons such a long ban seems unfair in my opinion. I personally almost never end up leaving games but i know a lot of people that find themselves in situations where its necessary.

Agreed. I personally left matched because the game really likes crashing during a match. I think for the first few matches that players left, the penalty doesn't need to be too severe, but the penalty should become steeper and steeper. For example, for the 1st match, the player get a 10 minutes suspension and lose 35 SR. For the second match, the player gets suspended for 30 and lost 75 SR etc.