Does anyone feel like Orisa needs a health buff?

General Discussion
I feel like it's wildly inappropriate for an anchor tank of all things to have a measly 400 health.

I understand that the idea is that her Fortify ability meant she "technically" had more effective health - but with Roadhog's breather now also granting more effective health through a similar damage reduction, Orisa is glaringly squishy for an anchor tank.

Adding 100 health (no change to armor) would make her feel much more in line with other tanks, or at the very least 50 HP (or just 50 armor, for 200/250)
Her kit should be slightly lighter and she should have 500 hp, yes.

I think we all know what her kit should lose; make it a passive that she's boop resistant. That's enough.
The shield does most of the protection for me, and usually by the time it's about to break, I have a new one ready off of cooldown anyways. She seems fine to me.
She's squishy compared to other tanks because she has Fortify, which is very strong, and she can juke in and out of her barrier very effectively. She has enough health, any more and you have the problem that D.Va had when she got more health where people stop being cautious and face tank.

If Orisa needs more health, I'd rather have it in Fortify cooldown buffs or Barrier buffs rather than her actual healthpool. But she doesn't need more health.
09/09/2017 08:43 PMPosted by Pakaku
The shield does most of the protection for me, and usually by the time it's about to break, I have a new one ready off of cooldown anyways. She seems fine to me.

But the shield is meant to protect a team, rather than just Orisa, given that she should be a full fledged front line. Outside of Fortify, she really can't afford to protect her team with her body. Every other tank besides Zarya does it better.
giver her 451 hp so she cant be scattered!
Just remove scatter then she be fine
09/09/2017 08:44 PMPosted by Splenectomy
She's squishy compared to other tanks because she has Fortify, which is very strong, and she can juke in and out of her barrier very effectively. She has enough health, any more and you have the problem that D.Va had when she got more health where people stop being cautious and face tank.

If Orisa needs more health, I'd rather have it in Fortify cooldown buffs or Barrier buffs rather than her actual healthpool. But she doesn't need more health.

With the breather change, I find fortify is actually quite weak in comparison. As for D.Va, the problem was not health so to speak, but ARMOR, combining the fact that it reduces damage and HEALS FASTER (you can test this with health packs, it's rather shocking how few people realize this), and Ana's previous heal multiplier (100%), D.Va could face tank effectively through raw healing.

D.Va had a whole 400 health of armor - that alone meant she had more effective health than Orisa's 200h/200a, before you even take into account the extra 200 health on the mecha, plus the 150hp pilot.

As it stands, an Ironclad Bastion has more effective health than Orisa.
I think she's mostly fine right now, but Fortify could use another purpose besides "Single ability to counter Reinhardt and Doomfist and doesn't really do anything in any other situation".
09/09/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Zeta
I think she's mostly fine right now, but Fortify could use another purpose besides "Single ability to counter Reinhardt and Doomfist and doesn't really do anything in any other situation".

That's interesting, do you have any ideas as to what could be added?
09/09/2017 08:55 PMPosted by Smashy
09/09/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Zeta

That's interesting, do you have any ideas as to what could be added?

Ideally something team supporty rather than a selfish buff that doesn't do anything but stop charge attacks.
She doess need more health. As of right now players ignore a fortified Orisa and players focus more on damage rather than CC. So I'm not gonna stun an immobile tank with a huge head to shoot at. No I'm going to murder the buffalo by hitting her eith crits endlessly. Widow Hanzo Mccree hell even Tracer has a field day all over Orisa's body. Being one of the largest heros in the game currebtly she has less effective health than any other tank with less mobility and survivability. Her damage went up and her shield cd went down. But that doesn't help her much when players know how to play around those things. I mean look at Roadhog 600 flat health with 50% dps reduction and300 healing. Reinhardt's shield is 1500 plus his armor anf effective helth veing at 500. Dva has 4 seconds of DM and has armor and health equallibg out to 600 plus high mobility. Winston has an enormous jump short time barrier and is rocling 500 hp. Zarya is 400 health 200 hp 200 sheilds and protective barrier that stops dps and raises hers for 2 seconds. Yeah Orisa has a wall but jeez. What does it take for counterplay? Wall through it or go around. It doesn't do much. Plus a smart team will spam the ever living hell out of it. She doesn't have mobility she can negate the least amount of damage and her only rue means of protection has the simple counterplay of just walling through and ignoring it? At least rein has a charge ability and canmove his shield. But she's suppose to be a tank?!shes bottom of the barrel for a ton of reasons. Especialy with tank shredders. Ie Doomfist & Reaper. Hell i even get disrespected for playing Orisa b getting charged headfirst by an enemy rein! That ruins my position atops me from cycling my stationary barrier and worst of all i take huge damage from just one rein. Are you kidding me?
09/09/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Smashy
As for D.Va, the problem was not health so to speak, but ARMOR, combining the fact that it reduces damage and HEALS FASTER (you can test this with health packs, it's rather shocking how few people realize this), and Ana's previous heal multiplier (100%), D.Va could face tank effectively through raw healing.

D.Va had a whole 400 health of armor - that alone meant she had more effective health than Orisa's 200h/200a, before you even take into account the extra 200 health on the mecha, plus the 150hp pilot.

D.Va had 400 armour since launch, she didn't get nerfed until they added 100 health. The health was too much, not the armour.

Also, your statement that "armour heals faster" is not true. If you get hit by Ana's grenade, you will heal 100 health or 100 armour, instantly. I don't know where you got the idea that armour heals faster, it doesn't. It mitigates more damage, so healing it is more efficient than health, but it gets healed at the exact same rate.

Orisa's Fortify gives her 50% damage resistance for 4 seconds. This is much better than Roadhog's 1 second or Ironclad's 20% resistance. And it also gives immunity to CC.
09/09/2017 09:18 PMPosted by Splenectomy
09/09/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Smashy
As for D.Va, the problem was not health so to speak, but ARMOR, combining the fact that it reduces damage and HEALS FASTER (you can test this with health packs, it's rather shocking how few people realize this), and Ana's previous heal multiplier (100%), D.Va could face tank effectively through raw healing.

D.Va had 400 armour since launch, she didn't get nerfed until they added 100 health. The health was too much, not the armour.

Also, your statement that "armour heals faster" is not true. If you get hit by Ana's grenade, you will heal 100 health or 100 armour, instantly. I don't know where you got the idea that armour heals faster, it doesn't. It mitigates more damage, so healing it is more efficient than health, but it gets healed at the exact same rate.

Orisa's Fortify gives her 50% damage resistance for 4 seconds. This is much better than Roadhog's 1 second or Ironclad's 20% resistance. And it also gives immunity to CC.

IF your health is not currently in the Yellow, you will NOT gain extra healing, even if the healing would put you into armor range. Only when you currently have natural armor do you heal faster. (As in, armor that you have spawned with. Having armor from Torbjorn on a non-armored character, or armor on a character who does NOT have their natural armor (e.g., a reinhardt that has 150 hp and picked up an armor pack), will neither grant this bonus.

Go play D.Va, eat some hits, and grab a small health pack while you still have yellow health. You WILL heal more than 75 hp.
09/09/2017 08:41 PMPosted by Ardent

I think we all know what her kit should lose; make it a passive that she's boop resistant. That's enough.
whole hog straight to the face
09/09/2017 09:23 PMPosted by Smashy
Go play D.Va, eat some hits, and grab a small health pack while you still have yellow health. You WILL heal more than 75 hp

Just did. Healed for exactly 75. You're wrong.

you're actually resilient to knock back while firing your fusion driver.
the same with using your shield as Reinhardt.
Well she isn't a favorable tank regardless of players opinions. Statistics gives feedback on who is more reliable and so far Orisa the lowest of them all in the tank category. Sure Roadhog might not be a barrier type, but his lethal abilities makes up for it where as Orisa doesn't. She might of gotten a buff in some areas, but it still shows she isn't making the cut. She's mostly a secondary tank, but you can do better with others.

Trust me I still love her, but even I know where here limits is at.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/09/overwatch-hero-meta-report-pc-september.html

Edit: Does she needs a health buff you ask. Yes and no, but the reason why she's screwed over is because of scattershot and her nerf damage. Bring her damage and there's really no need for a hp buff because even before nerf it wasn't even close to deadly, but it was decent.
09/09/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Kajabuubuu

you're actually resilient to knock back while firing your fusion driver.
the same with using your shield as Reinhardt.

This is because boops are based on momentum, so if you are slower, you get booped less far away. Same reason why D.Va's mecha feels so hard to boop.