If you can't hit targets you don't deserve to be dps

General Discussion
That simple.

If you can't shoot mercy or pharah, if you can't shoot the peaking junkrat, if you can't deal with anything that isn't a stationary target, you don't deserve to be taking up that dps slot.

Pick up Rein or Mercy or maybe even Lucio because otherwise you're the dead weight on the team.
Ok
You're going to get downvoted into oblivion here, but this is something THE GAME ITSELF needs to start saying.

If you've got the weakest accuracy in your group, the game itself should give you a popup that says:

BEST FIT FOR TEAM: MERCY OR REINHARDT

Graduate those responses up from there. Only the top 3 accuracy should see DPS heroes (including Symmetra).

Comp doesn't need role limits, per se, but it does need to give people some advice on where they stand compared to their teammates. (QP should do this as well, I suppose, if we're going to continue to deny that it desperately needs role limits.)
Yea get outta here with your dps. Watchu think we got paired because we're the same rank or somethin? This isnt a game! Not on my watch! Serious business. *angry fist slamming*
Or play junk rat

aimings overrated.
But I'm supposed to be GM. It's my team's fault. lol
That was needlessly hostile.
I play a lot of mercy and I love damage boosting players but if I don't hear the sound indicating you're getting hits, I move onto another ally and damage boost them instead. Usually I damage boosted Orisa, Widowmaker, Soldier, McCree, Bastion Sombra, and Junkrat. But overall I damage boost pretty much anyone who's laying down fire on the enemy.
"If you suck at aiming don't practice by playing heroes that need aim."
https://archive-media-1.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1479/81/1479819404366.jpg
They still deserve to play dps, they'll either be in QP or a low rank.
09/13/2017 12:39 PMPosted by DnDiceRoller
That simple.

If you can't shoot mercy or pharah, if you can't shoot the peaking junkrat, if you can't deal with anything that isn't a stationary target, you don't deserve to be taking up that dps slot.

Pick up Rein or Mercy or maybe even Lucio because otherwise you're the dead weight on the team.
Ok for competitive I agree, but for casual games like quickplay and the arcade, people have every right to play what they want because that is what those modes were made for. So I half agree with you but strongly disagree with half the stuff you said. Also you really did not need to be so hostile in the way you say it. Nothing gets gets people to do what you dont want more than being a @%%!#%*! about it.
Understood.
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks
(J on a Sphere left the group)
09/13/2017 01:03 PMPosted by LadyDarkling

While this is obviously a troll, this is also an opportunity for a PSA:

You can practice your aim either with the practice range, or in a custom game set up for it (there are tons of variants, my personal choice is headshots only vs 6 Anas with damage quintupled). Or both. Or do actual aim training on the internet.

You don't need to practice the mechanics of the hero anywhere but by yourself. Think of other people's time. Don't be selfish.
Well, Attack Symmetra here I'm come.
I hate when bad tanks ask if they can DPS.
09/13/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Ardent
09/13/2017 01:03 PMPosted by LadyDarkling

While this is obviously a troll, this is also an opportunity for a PSA:

You can practice your aim either with the practice range, or in a custom game set up for it (there are tons of variants, my personal choice is headshots only vs 6 Anas with damage quintupled). Or both. Or do actual aim training on the internet.

You don't need to practice the mechanics of the hero anywhere but by yourself. Think of other people's time. Don't be selfish.

The practice range targets move predictably and slowly or don't move at all, they have abnormally large hitboxes, and don't shoot back. AI custom games are better but the AI still moves predictably and doesn't strategize very well so that makes them way easier to hit than a human player.

Generally, if you're going to train for something it makes sense for the training environment to be as similar to the real condition as possible. Otherwise you're just training for something else entirely.
"Deserve to be DPS"
B-but what should I pick when the closest thing to hitscan we have is Genji?

...Ana?
I don't know about that. Overwatch was my first FPS in years and years so my aim is total garbage. I've spent 300+ hours as support on Mercy and Lucio because I wanted to play characters that could still help the team without godly aim. I play tanks too, but I've been practicing dps so I'm not that dreaded support main that falls apart if the support role is taken in comp. Of course I wouldn't dare play dps in comp at the moment, but you can't get good at something if you don't do it. So yeah, sometimes I'm going to be that dead weight dps player in quick play trying to get better.

And no matter what anyone says, the practice range and custom games with AI Anas can only do so much. They're never going to be the same as fighting a human opponent.
09/13/2017 12:39 PMPosted by DnDiceRoller
That simple.

Silver roadhog main says it aloud