No-hit detection MEGATHREAD

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
09/21/2017 05:21 PMPosted by Xiphactinus
pretty sure there is a hack that allows noregs and doubleregs. That's how hanzo can do 200+ damage with a leg shot from a regular arrow, or why I can miss an entire clip on a roadhog sitting right in front of me.
I was shooting at a Mei frozen RH for like 2 seconds, dead center as Orisa, didnt start registering til the 3rd second of continuous shooting
I was about to open new thread about unusual lag issues when playing soldier, i have exactly same problem. Was thinking it could be enemy playing with high latency. My ping is around 22ms i still have huge tracking scan issues.
[removed]

[Moderator Edit: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.]
Would anyone be interested in a short compilation of noregs in a semi-controlled enviroment aka custom game?
09/21/2017 05:12 PMPosted by rippin
I'm debating quitting this game because of this. It's crazy that the dev team ignores this game breaking bug.

How can a game be competitive when things like this are ignored?

But it's been like that since launch, to be honest. It's just that it apparently started affecting more people or more people (previously oblivious to those problems) noticed it after it got mentioned by more players now.
09/21/2017 08:47 PMPosted by RUVINN
But it's been like that since launch,

Bull, the game was fine before Doomfist was out. I could actually get 50-60% accuracy as 76 with 150 ping. Now I struggle to get 30% with 40ms.
I haven't noticed any of this at all, and some of the videos posted are pointing out clear misses, not hits, the mei one where she kills a teleporting tracer at the end for example, shoots at reaper and that is supposedly the one that "hit", but should've missed, I paused the video just as the shot was fired, and the reticle is slightly behind reaper, not only that he's moving forward, so to hit you'd have to have been aiming in front of him.
Not to double post, but I figured I'd highlight the most credible one from the OP:

https://youtu.be/YFAI5qo58wo (this one was posted by Kephrii himself)

This is simple, McCree is hitscan, the tracer effect has nothing to do with hit or miss. When he fired the crosshair was not on junkrat, period. He missed fair and square.

I've screenshotted the exact moment he fired here:
https://imgur.com/a/nbX0z
I have been lagging since Sept 2017 (Im in SEA, and we had our undersea cables busted due to rough weather and acts of God). So yeah, our plays have been 150ms at best
09/21/2017 09:19 PMPosted by Icarus
09/21/2017 08:47 PMPosted by RUVINN
But it's been like that since launch,

Bull, the game was fine before Doomfist was out. I could actually get 50-60% accuracy as 76 with 150 ping. Now I struggle to get 30% with 40ms.

Just because you didn't have trouble, doesn't mean everyone else didn't... I've been complaining about broken hitreg for a loooooooooooong time now. And it's not just me, some of my friends even stopped playing quite some time ago due to this, others kept playing - just "a bit" frustrated.
Le bump, seen this a few times myself on Hog, McCree, Hanzo, and Reaper.
I tough it was just me. I have a stable connection, and had clear hits, still miss or do no damage. I tought the problem was with the other player connection. So on my screen they are where I see them, but in reality they were no longer there. I'll see if I can get some footage when it happens again.
Has anyone else noticed how inconsistent RH's alt fire damage is?
Wow... So I'm not the only one noticing this. The server/client and lag issues are of the worst ever in a game. Just look at the video posted by David where Tracer ults, but on the killcam dies before ulting. How many times I have had this issue with Sombra, where you clearly press E and still die. How you do your EMP and ennemies can still ult because the EMP has not been handled by server/client yet. It's ridiculous and for a fast paced competitive game lik this, it's outrageous.
Hitbox in many heroes is not realistic or broken.
Hit registration is broken.

Blizzard has nothing to say about both of these so far.
This game can't be taken seriously, especially not for Esports if they don't make hitbox more realistic and fixes the broken hit registration.
09/21/2017 10:10 PMPosted by Felps
Not to double post, but I figured I'd highlight the most credible one from the OP:

https://youtu.be/YFAI5qo58wo (this one was posted by Kephrii himself)

This is simple, McCree is hitscan, the tracer effect has nothing to do with hit or miss. When he fired the crosshair was not on junkrat, period. He missed fair and square.

I've screenshotted the exact moment he fired here:
https://imgur.com/a/nbX0z

Just to correct that you didn't highlight the "exact moment he fired" mccree's gun has a visual recoil that kicks the crosshair up a bit which is what you actually screenshotted :

The exact moment he fired is actually paused in the same video you linked, however for convenience please see below, noticed the mussel flash indicating he has fired:
https://imgur.com/a/TQvZ9

Also whether he missed fair and square is besides the point, the game client indicated he hit the shot and that is the issue!

If i miss i want to know i miss so i can adjust my aim accordingly, not be told that i hit the shot and have it do no damage. Also in all fairness in the video i posted earlier in this thread, i am pretty sure i miss one of the shots that is shown as a hit too (first shot vs mccree. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwiDsBdGY6Y)

I also understand that the potg system is not perfect and may not represent what actually happened, but i posted my video just as an example of what i see every single game i play.
Hey everyone,
Thank you consolidating all these videos. Having access to hard evidence, in context, is immeasurably useful. We’d like to give you an update of where we stand with respect to hit registration issues. I’ll group these issues into three buckets:

• Issues where we understand the problem and are working on a fix
  • Issues for which we have a fix on deck or a recently deployed fix
  • Issues which are not defects, but deliberate trade-offs against “favor the shooter”

Let’s look at each of these in turn. The biggest outstanding issue emerges from how we reconcile lost player input on the server. Whenever your input doesn’t make it consistently to the server because of connection inconsistency, there’s a chance that the server will not replicate your aim synchronized with when you pressed the fire button. This error is exacerbated by recoil-based weapons, since your aim will certainly have changed the frame after you fire a recoiling weapon. If the server doesn’t honor your aim direction at the moment you fired because of packet loss, you will very likely mispredict. We are actively investigating a fix for this, which we hope to deploy with the next major patch. We’ve also identified and have a potential fix for any false hit registration in kill cam, highlights PoTG or spectator views. We’re continuing to test the fix, and we hope to deploy it with the next major patch as well.

We have a fix for a host of Hanzo related mispredict issues. We identified a defect in how we processed successive shots after poor network conditions affected prior shots. The Hanzo fix will go live with the next major patch. In addition, we deployed a fix where a target’s collision could be displaced from where they were drawn on screen by as much as 16 milliseconds in the 1.15 build. In our 1.14 build, we fixed a bug where your player position (and therefore your gun position) would have mispredicted shots when you were moving in close proximity to other players. This bug primarily affected our close-range hit-scan heroes like Reaper and Roadhog.

Finally, there are a handful of videos in this thread that demonstrate some of the deliberate trade-offs we made against our “Favor the Shooter” philosophy. Any shot mispredicted against a dashing Genji, Mercy, Tracer or Doomfist is deliberate. A handful of other abilities exhibit this behavior as well (Winston/Pharah Leap, Sombra translocate, etc.) We have rules in place where we will not favor the shooter if your target executes one of these maneuvers. This is a trade-off that we have made to accommodate the realities of the internet.

From the data we have collected, none of these issues are new; all of them have been in the game since Beta. We enjoy a very passionate community that does a fine job scrutinizing our game, and we humbly and graciously accept the challenge to reach the high bar you have set. Please continue to send us videos. If possible, please find videos where the network-connection icons aren’t hidden by overlay UI. We will be much more successful if we have a complete picture of any defect.

Thanks again!
Highly Rated
09/22/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Tim Ford
Hey everyone,
Thank you consolidating all these videos. Having access to hard evidence, in context, is immeasurably useful. We’d like to give you an update of where we stand with respect to hit registration issues. I’ll group these issues into three buckets:

• Issues which are not defects, but deliberate trade-offs against “favor the shooter”

Let’s look at each of these in turn. The biggest outstanding issue emerges from how we reconcile lost player input on the server. Whenever your input doesn’t make it consistently to the server because of connection inconsistency, there’s a chance that the server will not replicate your aim synchronized with when you pressed the fire button. This error is exacerbated by recoil-based weapons, since your aim will certainly have changed the frame after you fire a recoiling weapon. If the server doesn’t honor your aim direction at the moment you fired because of packet loss, you will very likely mispredict. We are actively investigating a fix for this, which we hope to deploy with the next major patch. We’ve also identified and have a potential fix for any false hit registration in kill cam, highlights PoTG or spectator views. We’re continuing to test the fix, and we hope to deploy it with the next major patch as well.

We have a fix for a host of Hanzo related mispredict issues. We identified a defect in how we processed successive shots after poor network conditions affected prior shots. The Hanzo fix will go live with the next major patch. In addition, we deployed a fix where a target’s collision could be displaced from where they were drawn on screen by as much as 16 milliseconds in the 1.15 build. In our 1.14 build, we fixed a bug where your player position (and therefore your gun position) would have mispredicted shots when you were moving in close proximity to other players. This bug primarily affected our close-range hit-scan heroes like Reaper and Roadhog.

Finally, there are a handful of videos in this thread that demonstrate some of the deliberate trade-offs we made against our “Favor the Shooter” philosophy. Any shot mispredicted against a dashing Genji, Mercy, Tracer or Doomfist is deliberate. A handful of other abilities exhibit this behavior as well (Winston/Pharah Leap, Sombra translocate, etc.) We have rules in place where we will not favor the shooter if your target executes one of these maneuvers. This is a trade-off that we have made to accommodate the realities of the internet.

From the data we have collected, none of these issues are new; all of them have been in the game since Beta. We enjoy a very passionate community that does a fine job scrutinizing our game, and we humbly and graciously accept the challenge to reach the high bar you have set. Please continue to send us videos. If possible, please find videos where the network-connection icons aren’t hidden by overlay UI. We will be much more successful if we have a complete picture of any defect.

Thanks again!

No, thank you.
Hey everyone,

Thanks again!

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I think we all appreciate the transparency.

Edit: Whoops can't snip
Finally, there are a handful of videos in this thread that demonstrate some of the deliberate trade-offs we made against our “Favor the Shooter” philosophy. Any shot mispredicted against a dashing Genji, Mercy, Tracer or Doomfist is deliberate.

Thanks for the explanation, but how does this account for the shots made I posted in this thread below, where I hit the Genji all good, but Genji also kills me?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758316460#post-1