Why is there more Genji hate than Tracer

General Discussion
Deflect's crazy hitbox and he gets resets on his movement abilities Tracer doesn't get.

Plus his movement is both horizontal and vertical while Tracer is just horizontal.
Tracer is limited to the horizontal plane, and you can predict her movements with practice.

The problem with Genji is that game engines have limitations when aiming straight upward, and combining this with the forced maximum FOV that OW uses from a forced 1rst person perspective, you have to learn a very specific, very difficult method of aiming to track enemies that are bouncing around above you.

It can often feel unfair when for example because of his mobility, Genji can harass you from behind and immediately jump over your head while you turn around, similar to someone tapping your shoulder and staying in your blind spot to avoid notice. His dash naturally simply adds to the problem.

His gameplay naturally exploits our visual perception and the limitations of the game engine, which feels very frustrating, regardless of balance. I'd wager that even if he was weak statistically, people would NEVER stop complaining about Genji simply because of these reasons alone.

Again, you CAN develop very specific skills and beat Genji, it's just annoying and beyond the capacity of most players to deal with.
-tracers kit isn't immensely bloated like genji
-tracers stuck to strictly horizontal movement. Genji has great vertical mobility and a 13m dash for horizontal mobility.
-Genji has very forgiving hitboxes, and multiple get out of jail free cards.
09/10/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Boostio
-tracers kit isn't immensely bloated like genji
-tracers stuck to strictly horizontal movement. Genji has great vertical mobility and a 13m dash for horizontal mobility.
-Genji has very forgiving hitboxes, and multiple get out of jail free cards.

Are you telling me Tracer has worst get out of jail cards than Genji?
She has 3 blinks that can go in any directions and a literal time recall which restores health...
I need healing
I require healing
*12 year old voice on chat*
09/10/2017 04:56 PMPosted by Mjarvis
The amount of stray bullets I blink into as Tracer keeps me humble. So Genji hate all the way.

Not quite stray, she's pretty predictable when she blinks, and when you do a rewind, our guns would already be spraying in the general area of where you'd appear.

I really didn't notice it when i was just using Orisa (all my focus was on the four people banging on the other side of my shield), but when i did learn Bastion who's usually just chilling in the back, i was watching Genjis doing one team wipe after another and there's nothing anybody can do about it. The tank's focused on the enemy and doesn't notice he's alone. On the plus side my Bastions starting to get good at killing genji's, too bad he's still considered a troll pick.