Playing less OW then usual? MEGATHREAD

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
As a support main, I find myself playing less and less anymore. I've enjoyed the game a ton to this point, but find myself slowly getting out of the game. It's mostly because the game is just designed and favorted towards DPS, and I really want to play the Support and Tank role, but just see them as less impactful roles overall.
I almost exclusively play competitive and the first few seasons I put in about 100 hours each and each season gets less and less. S5 was a horrible experience so I only played 24 hours and most of that was to avoid decay. This season I just finished my placements and I'm not gonna play again until Halloween.

I have a stack of other games I've been neglecting since Overwatch came out and it's about time I get to them.
I still enjoy the game, but I find myself more into Fo4 on console these days :/
Definitely have been playing less, and kinda am glad I am. Game is getting way more toxic than usual, insta-lock at least two dps every comp game and screwy MMR system have just all culminated to making it just.... not fun. Honestly if it wasn't for deathmatch I probably wouldn't be playing as much as I am right now.
Yes. I consider ow a pile of gold covered in a ton of crap. It can be really enjoyable but a good amount of time your on a bad map facing torb and sym in qp and you wonder why you even bother.

Also the change to dm when they added standard maps stop me from playing that mode.

I think the one thing that would really help this game is map select.
I got bored.

Have been playing 100% OJ, PlanetSide 2 and Fallout NV with some Bullet-Hells sprinkled in.

Might play again when the Mercy and Dva reworks get on live.
09/13/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Joerick
Forum Moderator Note: Calling out individual developers or the development team in your title or post is against our forum guidelines. Doing this may result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges. Please focus on discussion of the feedback/suggestion in your thread.

You know you've hit the nail on the head when they decide to censor you.

Here's the original post with the part they were mad about taken out;

"Overwatch is dying the same death that League of Legends is; It's a great game being ruined by greedy <blank> and toxic players."
I'll be playing it a bit more than what I have for the last month, now with the new map and hero changes.
Competitive is still boring AF, so I'll probably play qp and arcade the most.
i honestly get bored but more motivated during holidays

also as a junkrat main idk if im dps or not so i feel kinda bad when people talk about all dps mains being evil and it really demotivates me

who cares about what you main
judge people by there actions not by the character they play
I only play if Mayhem is available ... the only mode I enjoy and the only fun mode in my opinion.. it's gotten too grindy for me. The new maps are ok but still more of the same old same old. Went back to WoW where grinding somewhat pays off
I don't know if it's really worth it to post it, but I'll give a shout out to the Dev. Team and anyone involved with the recent patch, which, as strange as it sounds, got rid of the 2CP maps in Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.

Usually, you don't go and credit someone for actually patching something out of the game (or, in this case, mode) but I'm glad they did.

While more maps focused on Deathmatch would be the go-to option, asking more maps just like that is really selfish; considering that barely any talk on how another Deathmatch only map would be, I won't blame the team if they wait until around 2018/early 2019 for at least more maps.

They are looking to make the game more enjoyable, and while sometimes the changes they make don't have the impact they expect, at least they tried it. I won't discredit them for at least trying modified maps.

It's not really common for the Team to get a thanks (they get MUCH more hate and sometimes actual constructive feedback), so I'll go ahead and thank them for that change.
Ever since they nerfed my favorite hero, roadhog, i havent played almost at all. It was a great carry hero, that i could play solo and carry the team. Also focus any other enemy hero that is a big problem, like mercy right now for example, cant do that anymore. Now he is more teamplay oriented and im too old and stubborn to play with all these kids. I loved just putting on some music and making plays. Now he is way more relient on his team and cant carry anymore. Sorry for my english.
Kinda got bored being stuck as the support player in my friend group. That and Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier:Automata, Fire Emblem:SoV, Samus Returns, Destiny 2, Mario+Rabbids, Final Fantasy 9 came to PS4, Dark Souls 3's last DLC, a pile of Kingdom Hearts remasters, Nioh, and a mountain of other games happened.
only play it when there's new content that isn't skins, and lately even that doesn't make me stick around for long. otherwise i only play if i'm bored of everything else
I am bored of healing and flexing.
I've been playing it a lot more since attending DragonCon and seeing so many awesome costumes. (Me and spouse had made a few ourselves)

I had taken a bit of a break after Uprising event was over because I was annoyed every time Blizz put in a patch but didn't put in a campaign mode, a cooperative mode, or, at minimum, make Uprising available for purchases as an expansion pack (it was the best thing for learning a character).
09/22/2017 11:06 PMPosted by angieness
Kinda got bored being stuck as the support player in my friend group. That and Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier:Automata, Fire Emblem:SoV, Samus Returns, Destiny 2, Mario+Rabbids, Final Fantasy 9 came to PS4, Dark Souls 3's last DLC, a pile of Kingdom Hearts remasters, Nioh, and a mountain of other games happened.

On my main account I was the friend group's healer and they all had fun but I just got bored.
Im burnt out, more after the mercy rework. Being a mercy main means Im chased but right now is really stressful even more than before.
I expected it to happen, I will move away from comp and play as casual less than before. So a break is expected
Other game releases are happening and the mercy/d.va reworks seriously threw me off. as soon as mh world releases its goodbye to overwatch