Was unable to rejoin competitive match ~6 seconds

Technical Support
I was in a ranked game (I play 100s), and had my fps suddenly drop down to a consistent ~10fps. I have a very expensive system, which usually maintains 300+fps. So this is incredibly rare, I died in the middle of a round and had a ~7 second re spawn timer. I am able to load into game within ~4seconds. I exited the game, for probably 3-4 seconds. In this short amount of time, when I return to the loading screen I see I am suspended for 15minutes and am UNABLE to rejoin the game, && was docked 60 SR.

What the heck is this non-sense. As a loyal customer and non toxic player I find this punishment and game logic to be unacceptable. Considering on a daily basis I am thrown into the muck with racist, homophobic, sexist pre-teens (who are insta muted). How are they able to flow freely in between games unpunished, but if you restart due to a hardware/graphical issue or whatever the reason may be this occurs.

This is just insanity.
Hello Modica,

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749067802#post-13

It sounds like you triggered the early match cancellation protocol so the match shuts down to prevent other players from playing a mis-balanced match right out of the gate. Since you caused the match to cancel, you must be penalized. If this problem is repeating itself, please work to fix it before attempting Competitive again. There is not too much in your description for me to make a recommended course of action, so check out this guide for common causes to performance issues or crashes:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744175764

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply with more details about your problem and your system hardware information and then further advice can be given to narrow down the problem. Good luck!

(^^)v
I understand that is the way the system is coded, but it seems silly to fail to account for a players past history. Would it be too much, to ask for a 15 second window to return to the match, only applicable for "clean players".

Perhaps this suggestion could be passed on to the Product Manager for which ever team is responsible for this portion of the application.
This system is broken and needs a fix, 10 seconds is far too short. I just had 2 crashes in my placements. One I was able to join within 10 seconds and won it (although it will probably hit my overall placement SR) with the other being the exact same situation you had... was back online within 10 seconds and suspended with a loss.

The timer needs to be 30 seconds to a minute long as a lot of the crashes come from Blizzards end for me because I own an AMD system. I don't know why i'm being punished for crashes I have done everything recommended for to solve and in such a harsh and frankly unacceptable manner :(