My Journey through the Bronze Inferno

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
02/04/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Venture82
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It doesn't make a pro player after resetting ur sensitivity to 3.0 , my was 9 and i play it with high sensitivity that i am used to , so proably is because the way you play was wrong .

I never said I was a pro. I was saying that I am actually looking at and taking to heart advice I have been given. I don't expect to suddenly win because I changed a setting. If again, you read what I wrote, I am proacticing, I am working on getting better. Good grief.

If you want to get better , livestreaming it , take it as a lesson what mistake you made and watch how pro players play on OWL . I was bronze on season 3 , i was able to climb out due to the positioning and communcating with the team , try to have a habit to call out where is the enemy goes and predict what they are going to do next .

Toxicity is still in the game , but you can tell them which heroes can be use by looking at their stats .

Example if that guy was a tank main and he was playing hanzo or torbjorn , i will tell them " i believed that you are good at using dva or using winston to help the team to win " .

Every team needed a person to have a vocal and stay positive . I lose a lot of sr in season 7 , but i stay positive that i will get better and to help the team when they needed me . Is all about u in ranked . They need u and u needed them is that simple . Afterall this is build for players to play together
Well, I just lost 50 SR because I entered a competitive match and got called away for a stupid reason by my family. I need a job.

02/07/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Venture82
Well, I just lost 50 SR because I entered a competitive match and got called away for a stupid reason by my family. I need a job.

I mean we talking before game starts? because your teammates also lost sr most likely if it wasnt because of you leaving...and i dont think its fair that you wouldnt lose the most for that...
02/07/2018 09:06 PMPosted by AllNamesTakn
02/07/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Venture82

I mean we talking before game starts? because your teammates also lost sr most likely if it wasnt because of you leaving...and i dont think its fair that you wouldnt lose the most for that...

No, the game hadn't started when I left, so I timed out and the game was cancled. I would feel terrible, and wouldn't have left, had the game had already started. I thought the "real quick" was going to be something that wouldn't take time, but living at home, due to not having a job, I have to do all sorts of stuff at stupid hours of the day.
02/07/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Venture82
02/07/2018 09:06 PMPosted by AllNamesTakn

No, the game hadn't started when I left, so I timed out and the game was cancled. I would feel terrible, and wouldn't have left, had the game had already started. I thought the "real quick" was going to be something that wouldn't take time, but living at home, due to not having a job, I have to do all sorts of stuff at stupid hours of the day.

Yeah that sucks i wish theyd have no penalty if you left before spawn room, only at char select screen but then theyd have issues with players leaving games against players they dont want to play against and could constantly reque to get better teammates/ worse enemies
Lol at someone downvoting my comment about me losing 50 SR and owning up to it. I could say that I lost a game entirely because of how I played and I would still be hounded by people saying I'm not taking responsibility for how I play.
Games Today: 2
1 Victory, 1 Defeat

Game 21: Nepal
Defeat
Played: Winston, Roadhog

What started off going very well became a confused and frustrating mess.

Starting off on Shrine, we had D.Va, Winston, Moira, Lucio, Reaper, and Junkrat. We took this game 100-0. Our first fight was aggressive, and decisive. I targeted their Mercy and took her out, in and out, in and out. I was trying my best to break up and provide space for my team and put as much damage as I could out. We took the point and held it for the rest of the match, everyone was close to the point and communication was good. It went really well.

Then we went to Village. It all fell apart, even on the first engagement there was no cohesion, it was just limbs flying everywhere, and I was killed very quickly, they started running a Reaper who targeted the tanks hard. Once the point was taken by the enemy the attempts we made to take the point were very bad, and the team started staggering, Moira and Lucio would go in by themselves with all six of the enemy on the point, and even when we grouped up, no one would be aggressive, standing in the choke just poking the enemy. It's hard for Winston to initiate, as when you jump, you put a target on your back, so I was killed a lot. I didn’t perform well. We lost 100-0. I tried to be encouraging, we got this, and all, but the team was shutting down.

On Sanctum it was worse. We were eventually spawn camped and again Lucio, Moira, tried to go in alone. I switched to Roadhog to try to put out more damage, try to peel off the enemy D.Va and others, but we couldn’t get any kills going. A disorganized mess of a game.

1251SR

Game 22: Dorado
Victory
Played: Attack: Winston, Roadhog Defense: Orisa

This was a nail biter of a game, with stuff that happens that you have nightmares about in Bronze, and then clutch plays that make you go, “oh, well that was cool.”

We started off on Attack with Genji, Moira, Ana, D.Va, Winston, and Soldier 76. Our initial push took far too long, with the team unable to deal with a Torb turret tucked away into the lower level of the structure at the end of the first hill. Eventually we had that taken care of, and pushing ahead, the D.Va and I cleared the staggered team, and popping Primal Rage, I pushed back the team, funneling through that narrow alleyway, to let the team cap the first point. Since the enemy team was scattered due to the Primal Rage, it was easier to take them on in the next team fight, and pushing them back, we turned the corner to the second point. Here is where I started having some trouble, the enemy team was running a shield heavy comp, Rein and Orisa, and though I was killing their Mercy a lot, the armor on the tanks made them harder for me to put damage on. When we took the point it was a disorganized brawl, and due to me overextending, I was pinned and eliminated. I then switched to Roadhog, who is more effective against the shields, able to break them, and more self sufficient, able to tank on the payload and help clear it off. This in part helped, as they were running a Tracer now, and hooking her helped our support and blowing through the enemy shields, I helped set up our final push onto the point. D.Va zoned them out with bomb and we had the three.

Okay, on Defense, this is where things became frustrating. We had Orisa, D.Va, Bastion, Ana, Moira, and Soldier 76. The Bastion was formerly the D.Va, and the D.Va was Genji, from before. The Bastion and I set up on top of the building at the top of the hill, Ana was with us. Moira was with the Soldier and D.Va facing the spawn. The enemy was running a Pharah that would really become a problem. Initially we were taking care of everyone but our Soldier and Bastion started to get tunnel vision, the Pharah came up behind us and took out our Bastion, and by that time our Moira was falling back as most of the team was gone. The Moira finished off the Pharah and we fell back. It was by the fountain where I was able to set up, and we held them off for some time. I thought we might actually have been able to hold them there, as we ran out most of their time. The enemy was focusing me heavily, as I was keeping up barriers consistently, keeping the team alive through a D.Va bomb and most of a Pharah ult. However, with our Bastiona and Soldier, the tunnel vision set in, and not being able to take out the Pharah we were ulted and they took the point. Though the rest of the round we did terribly. Bastion went Pharah, and literally stood and shot her rockets, the same occurred with our Soldier, he would stand in one place and just shoot. When a RIP Tire came in, he would just stand there. It wasn’t good. We were rolled pretty much for the rest of the match.

Since it was a tie, we attacked, and frankly, I should have gone Roadhog. However I went Winston. Our rollout was confused, and with the enemy facing us directly they made short work of our support. With a minute on the clock, we were able to push the payload under the archway to the first point.

Girding our loins, we set up our defense for the final round. We had Junkrat, Soldier, Ana, Orisa, D.Va, and Moira. This was a hectic round. I set up initially up top facing the point, a risky gamble. However, we were able to hold the team back here for a bit, before being forced back to my preferred starting point. Again, we were able to hold them back, in part due to Junkrat’s area denial and Halt. Once they started getting picks and advancing I moved down under the arch, again, a risk move. It was here that we held. With our healers, and Junkrat getting a triple kills, we were able to deny the enemy team the last few meters they needed to win. So we took the game.

Also I blocked over 35,000 damage that game with Orisa, so that’s neat.

1280SR

Total SR Loss, including the 50 from earlier 43 SR
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but try adding the people that comm and play well, and group up with them every time you play. These are the people who are trying and are open to communication. :)
My brother brought this account back to 900 while i was away. I did play for 2 weeks and im am at the border now. I am a mid gold/low diamond player of the last seasons. If you are bronze and you can not climb out of bronze you belong max. into silver.

There is no i should be gold but i am bronze situation. Yes you might belong in silver and would be able to sustain yourself in silver, but that is it. I did manage to climb back 2/3 of the way back to my old rank and i will do the rest over time too.

Its not the bronze "inferno" you are just bronze as all others are :)
Games Today: 2
0 Victory, 2 Defeat

Game 23: Horizon Lunar Colony
Defeat: 3:4
Played: Orisa, Winston

This was a match that, while I am frustrated that we lost, I know why we did. Again, playing a game that is team based, you have to have elements in place through the team to be effective against a team that is coordinated, and if the enemy team has that and you don’t that’s it.

Defending we had Torb, Moira, Zenyatta, Soldier, D.Va and Orisa. I wanted to set up on the left high ground, but no one else would, Soldier was up there by himself and right at the start he was instantly killed by an enemy Hanzo. This Hanzo I believe was a smurf, due to his accuracy and how quickly he generated ults, he carried the enemy team in the first round honestly. So we were one man down in the first fight and we were flanked on both sides, I did my best to provide the best coverage I could, but no one was paying attention to the right flank and we were taken out rather quickly from the first point. I was killed before the last few members on the point, so I had time to set up on the final point. The enemy team ulted in though and I was quickly killed by the Rein, he was on me hard. After this I switched to Winston, my shield was not being used here and our DPS weren’t taking out the healers or the Hanzo. My first life I had Gold with six kills and was on fire, still, I wasn’t getting heals and it was hard for me to stay alive. With our DPS being ineffective and the enemy team coordinating ults, I was unable to do as well as I could, dying too many times trying to stall. The enemy took the point with 2 minutes and change on the clock.

Attacking, we had Junkrat, Soldier, D.Va, Orisa, Moira and Zenyatta. I told the team we were going hard left, and again, one of the things that I see a lot happened, we got to the “choke” and our DPS just kind of stopped and poked. I tried to push the shield being a carrot in a way, but only Moira, D.Va, and I went forward, with a weak push we were taken out quickly and reset. There were a few pushes like this, and frankly the team wasn’t using my shield when we were grouped up. With the enemy messing up, Mercy and Hanzo overextending, we got the two picks and were on the point. Again, it was hard for me to stay alive as the heals were not that abundant and I was targeted hard. However, by the time I got the point I was able to shield and hold back the staggered members of the enemy that were trying to contest the point. We pushed straight to the second point. However, due to our confused push, even with three ults, including my own, we were repelled. This happened a few times, and, I switched again to Winston. It was difficult for me to take out the enemy Rein, but I was on the enemy Mercy, Zen, Hanzo, and D.Va and was able to help make them less effective. We took the point in the last 60 seconds, as it is so common to do.

This final defense, we had Symmetra, Junkrat, Zenyatta, Orisa, Soldier, and D.Va, though there were a lot of changes so I’m not quite sure. This was not a great comp with the Hanzo and enemy Pharah who was a big problem. We were overrun, the same way as before, though I was able to survive longer expecting it to happen. The enemy team ulted in to the second point and that was that.

Attacking we again, but better! Pushed hard left. Our first attack was repelled, but on the second attempt it came together, and despite dying, due to not enough heals and being targeted, we had three people on the point contesting it. It was a long fight that should have been cleaned up sooner. There was a D.Va that was demeched twice in the fight, she could have been killed very quickly, but I wasn’t able to finish her off, so I know I could have done better there. Taking the point in overtime, we pushed the point hard, but I died quickly, changed to Winston, but before I could leave spawn, the game was over.

I blocked over 32,000 damage with Orisa though, that’s cool.

1263 SR

Game 23:Numbani
Defeat
Played: Attack: Winston, Roadhog Defense: Roadhog

This was a very frustrating game to lose, and I don’t want to sound like I am bragging or being mean, but if I was able to play Orisa in the Defense round, we would have been able to win. I know that sounds harsh, but with what I saw from our Orisa in the Defense round, not setting up up top at the start of the round, instead in the corner where whoever is there gets killed almost instantly, never using her ult except for when the enemy had already captured the second point, never using fortify to negate ult damage or a Rein charge, and setting up her shield behind where the DPS was, never replacing it just letting it go down and that’s it. Yeah, it was frustrating to watch, and again, I’m going to have these people come in and say “Oh, you are just a bad player and all that other stuff,” which, I frankly am sick of, but when I see stuff like this happen in a game with a hero that I have gotten good with, with, according to Oversumo at least I perform at a rate that is 98% better than people in Bronze it is very frustrating.

Attacking we had Genji, Mercy, Moira, Winston, D.Va, and Soldier 76. We pushed far left and went straight to the point, where it was just a brawl, a long and hard fight. I concentrated on the enemy Mercy, but with the Rein they had, Earthshattering twice during all of this, it was hard to get to and eliminate her, after that it was the Moira, slippery, but eventually being pushed off, allowing us to cap the point. I pushed forward with a few others and held the enemy back at the turn, however, being so far out, I died. My bad. However, I had made room for the team and we pushed it most of the way to the second point. Here was where we had another fight and it was more difficult this time, as one of the enemy had gone Mei and was quite good at it. Again it was a long brawl but pushing them back with Primal Rage and splitting them up, I was able to help us get the point. The third point was very difficult, due to the Mei and Rein. Our team started to be staggered and wouldn’t group up, people going in two by two and whatnot. Once we had a few minutes left I went Roadhog to break Rein’s shield and to hook Mei, Rein and others. I wasn’t as successful as I would have hoped in that regard, but, having the ability to heal myself, I was able to help keep the team together more, and push a few meters closer to the point. We end the round very close to the final point.

Here is where the frustration really set in. I was going to pick Orisa, as I usually do, defending here. I asked the guy who locked her, “hey do you play much Orisa,” having checked the time of the team, he had not played her enough to show up on the team page. He did not respond. I suggested, “you and Junkrat should set up top,” no reply. We set up on the point, Orisa and Mercy in the corner, and guess what, they died, pretty quickly. AGain, it was a brawl on the point, and with our Orisa dying a lot, our Mercy being taken out, there were a lot of times where we almost lost the point but were able to take it back due to our Junkrat our Moira ulting. The Rein was very aggressive and pinned our Mercy and Orisa a lot, the enemy got a triple kill, Orisa, Mercy and Junkrat, and the point was taken in overtime. The enemy didn’t have to work to get to our team, we just were sitting out for them. I just want to grab them and shake them, we should have had them then and there, and we almost did. I was able to break down Rein’s shield a lot. Body blocked a lot of damage from the enemy Zenyatta and hooked and killed the Mei. The team was set up poorly for the second point, and we were rolled. Our ult usage, mine included to be honest, was not great. Our Orisa, again wasn’t shielding the team and never used her ult. If you are an Orisa, you are an anchor, you set up, you hold the line so to speak, and with no one watching our flank, Rein Earthshattered and we were taken out. Our Junkrat went Bastion in the last point,and it helped, but it still wasn’t enough, with more time than they should have had on the clock, the enemy, with a Mei ult took the point. Bad defense round.

1240SR

Total SR Loss, 40SR
Also, I bumped down the render percentage, I forget the exact setting, and I've gotten about 10-15 more fps in most game play.
Two years of play, zero wins. Not counting carries, as I've had diamonds want the challenge of getting me above 200 SR. But on my own? Never.

And EVERY game is exactly the same -- complete 100% instant stomp. Matchmaking algorithm is (1) Put all the best players on team #1; (2) Put all the worst players on team #2; (3) Instant stomp, as designed.

I have over two years of archived video footage to prove it, but not allowed to share it due to forum rules.
02/08/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Ethernyet
Two years of play, zero wins. Not counting carries, as I've had diamonds want the challenge of getting me above 200 SR. But on my own? Never.

And EVERY game is exactly the same -- complete 100% instant stomp. Matchmaking algorithm is (1) Put all the best players on team #1; (2) Put all the worst players on team #2; (3) Instant stomp, as designed.

I have over two years of archived video footage to prove it, but not allowed to share it due to forum rules.

Uh, I mean, I don't want to sound rude, or mean, but that does sound like you have things you yourself need to work on. That's a mighty long time to never win.
02/09/2018 12:01 AMPosted by Venture82
Uh, I mean, I don't want to sound rude, or mean, but that does sound like you have things you yourself need to work on. That's a mighty long time to never win.

Here's an idea -- only match me vs. people no more than 100 SR greater than me. At least then I'd have a fair fight.
Ey, can you tell us how are you placed in capture the flag? Just to compare
02/09/2018 04:02 AMPosted by EvilLordMrF

I haven't done that yet. I will report on it when I do the placements.
Competitive game play is not complete. They are selling a game but is not fun anymore is frustrating
I feel empathetic for you OP, it's the exact same sh*t in Gold / High Gold ... I mean the very same details in your first posts happened to me so many times in Gold, which is of course why people get stuck in a rank forever.
02/09/2018 04:02 AMPosted by EvilLordMrF

I am a silver player, bjt in lucioball i was diamond... and i did veeeery bad, in my opinion
09/12/2017 04:13 PMPosted by Venture82
Forgive me Jeff for I have sinned.

Yesterday I played 4 Games, I don't recall the nitty gritty, but I won 2 had one draw, and I one disconect. For this transgression, my internet dropped due to weather, I lost more than 50 sr.

Today I have won one game, and lost one.

The win was on Nepal, good team, some wouldn't change, and we worked around it.

The loss was on Numbani. We had an enemy junkrat and Paharah that no one countered while we defended. On attack we had someone go AFK and leave.

I won 30 sr for my win, and lost 30 sr for my loss. Putting me where I was before. Makes sense.

consider yourself lucky to gain as much as you lost. I dont get that luxury.