make a new healer

General Discussion
Many of us wants a new healer because we already have enough dds, tanks are ok now, but there are only 3 healers (yes, sorry Ana, we dont need you in dive comp & shieldwatch). The only geniune healer here is Mercy, Zen is semihealer, so we need absolutely new healer that can be in the same row with Mercy: he or she can heal so good as Mercy and maybe has an ability to control an enemy. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED, THAT IS THAT WHAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE HYPE AGAIN!

I LOVE U <3
The ruined the other healers, so Mercy is the only real viable one. They have plenty of healers. Put them on par with Mercy.
honestly id like to see some concept work for another healer to see what they do with it.. id like another hero or support that aided in mobility (just differently than lucio) so even not a healer but another support would be cool
09/08/2017 12:05 AMPosted by Kapoof
The ruined the other healers, so Mercy is the only real viable one. They have plenty of healers. Put them on par with Mercy.
I don't know lucio and zen are very good...
I want an off tank healer, something like WOW's Paladins or Diablo's Crusaders and Monks someone capable of tank and not a squishy 200 hp support that anyone kills, someone who can impose respect and do nice healing to allies, and also scary the enemies who just jump in your face.

We need something new, we have already 5 squishy supports, make 1 rude male support XD Someone who can kick Tracers and Genjis as** I would really enjoy something like that.
09/08/2017 12:26 AMPosted by LucioJucio

Yeah but not as good as Mercy. Especially Zen.
someone played Stukov on hots? Thats is a very fun healer hero and thats is the type of support we really need!
Now since you mentioned it... remember when hog and d.va got nerfed just before a new hero with similar ability came?
It is very possible that they changed mercy to make room for another healer.
I won't be surprised if we see the rez ult back but on another hero.
What about Support Twins?
One could be a healer and other a "symmetra / torb" like support.

I like that idea.
09/08/2017 02:31 AMPosted by HANA
Now since you mentioned it... remember when hog and d.va got nerfed just before a new hero with similar ability came?
It is very possible that they changed mercy to make room for another healer.
I won't be surprised if we see the rez ult back but on another hero.

That would piss me off...

I really hated what they did with Roadhog combo to turn it into a 1 ability for DF.

I really hope Blizzard don't do that, that would make us to think Blizzard is fake, I mean, Jeff said they nerfed Rez because "was unfair for the enemy" What's the point of bring a new hero with huge rez??
09/08/2017 12:26 AMPosted by LucioJucio

Sure when there's nothing else to compare them to.
What they need is another AoE healer.

Ana and Mercy can hold down the primary healer spots fine. The issue with primary healers is you only need 1 of them cuz they're fighting for the same heals which means having both just means both gain ult a lot slower.

Give us another AoE healer though and you open up a whole bunch of potential heal combos.

Another primary healer though would just replace either Mercy or Ana alongside Lucio or Zen.
09/08/2017 12:10 AMPosted by Gigglez
honestly id like to see some concept work for another healer to see what they do with it.. id like another hero or support that aided in mobility (just differently than lucio) so even not a healer but another support would be cool

You should look at my post I made a hero concept about this.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759135838?page=1#post-6
I'd like a healer that counters flankers. As it is, picking a flanker counters every single healer. The healers we have can make themselves a bit harder to kill, but you can't counter the tracer/genji/reaper that's making your healer life a living hell without leaving the healer class entirely.

Overwatch is built around swapping heroes to counter. Making ALL healers require some level of protection from their teammates diametrically opposes that principle.
This thread will rise again, because I'm just sick of playing only Mercy in comp. They did changes on PTR, but that doesn't change much. We have 4 healers. This is not enough