Would it be excessive to boost Ana's headshot damage?

General Discussion
Not to the levels of Widowmaker's "one shot, one kill," of course. But maybe a certain percentage? I mean, experts consider the head to be the most important body part--shouldn't a direct hit to the noggin be a bit more damaging than a body shot? Heck, even 25 % more would be something. No?
Not a priority, huh?
Not everyone needs headshot multipliers... She could use stronger shots overall, tho.
How do you boost ana's headshot damage ... If she doesn't headshot *Raises eyebrows*
09/12/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Ninetales
How do you boost ana's headshot damage ... If she doesn't headshot *Raises eyebrows*

I think that's what the OP was asking. Ana's a sniper, but she isn't actually rewarded for hitting her target in the head.
The problem with adding headshot damage is people would start locking her in if they couldn't play widow and then would just play her as a dps because you know. Two snipers is better than one amirite?
From a lore standpoint, this wouldn't really make sense. Ana doesn't shoot a ballistic projectile, she shoots a toxic syringe. That's why the damage takes a moment to complete.
09/12/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Covfefe
From a lore standpoint, this wouldn't really make sense. Ana doesn't shoot a ballistic projectile, she shoots a toxic syringe. That's why the damage takes a moment to complete.

Poison delivered directly into the brain pretty much has to be more serious than a shot in the !@#.
if you gave ana a headshot; she would be just as good if not better than mccree, since Ana has no drop off damage

McCree: 70 damage, Headshot: 140 (within 35m)
-Flash
-combat roll

Ana: 60 damage, Headshot: 120 (across map)
-Sleep
-Self heal, in addition to being able to heal team mates

Do you see how broken that would be?
I pretty much give up. Ana's going to drop to 0% pick rate after super-Mercy. Later on, she'll be completely re-rolled into a different hero who is completely overpowered and nerfed in a week.
09/12/2017 07:17 PMPosted by Str8nobull
if you gave ana a headshot; she would be just as good if not better than mccree, since Ana has no drop off damage

-Flash
-combat roll

-Sleep

You can't make comparisons like that. I bet Zenyatta's DPS is better than McCree's.
09/12/2017 07:22 PMPosted by Mitrovarr
You can't make comparisons like that. I bet Zenyatta's DPS is better than McCree's.

But they are right. Ana would be a healer with massive damage potential. She would completely retire mccree. Nobody in their right mind would think giving ana headshot potential is a good idea.

Although I also agree mercy will be instalocked in every game and nobody will pick ana anymore.

I think ana 'possibly' needs her increased healing 'OR' damage back to combat the pick rate of new mercy.
09/12/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Sciophyte
Not to the levels of Widowmaker's "one shot, one kill," of course. But maybe a certain percentage? I mean, experts consider the head to be the most important body part--shouldn't a direct hit to the noggin be a bit more damaging than a body shot? Heck, even 25 % more would be something. No?
But she fires syringes, not bullets. It would make no sense for a headshot to be more effective if the healjuice/poison in her shots need to circulate the body in order for maximum effectiveness. Imagine taking some antibiotic shots to the bony parts of your forehead rather than in the arm.
Okay, so mostly it doesn't make sense because of the nature of her weapon? I can see that (still, a syringe to the face? Ouch!). Still, she needs... something? No?
Change her rifle to 70 damage and she'd be fine. It's not like she needs groundbreaking changes, she was just meant to defend herself and really can't do that right now. She shouldn't be able to take on a flanking reaper or anything, but her reaction to getting flanked by someone ought to be more than "sleep dart and run away, only to have them harrass you 5 seconds later because your team doesn't care."

If they want to take away 10 nade damage to make up for it that's fine, it's not like we use the grenade for the damage anyway. It's basically for the anti heal and sustain.
No because then she would need a charge up time on her scope in and nobody wants that.

If she didn't she would just be better than Widow in every situation
09/12/2017 07:17 PMPosted by Str8nobull

-Flash
-combat roll

-Sleep

she could have 1.5 multiplier

60 damage, 90 damage headshot
she is not really shooting a projectile though, but essentially a wet substance that contains nanites. Never heard anyone dying from being splashed by water, but then again stranger things have happened. I like to think of ana as a kid with a water pistol
One way or another, I don't think I can get into her without seriously rearranging my (OW) head.
it would also increase her healing if she hits a teammate...