Doomfist is literally making me quit

General Discussion
Overwatch is easily my favorite game. I have played it literally since day one and have not touched any another game. It's, in my mind always been the perfect game. A competitive game that has always balanced. I've never once thought a hero was too weak or too strong, (maybe little things changed but nothing huge) I have raved about the game to all of my friends. Explaining to them why it's the perfect game (or would eventually be through continuous tweaks) But doomfist has ruined it. While his kit is very unique, creative and fun to play. He is completely overpowered. Jeff has said so many times his focus on OW is the competitive side of it. But doomfist has ruined it's competitive nature. I know every other person out there is claiming it. But we've all cried about op heros who really weren't. They just happened to counter your main or simply are just annoying. But no one has really ever had a 100% pick rate like doomfist. Well other than lucio but that's awesome. Everyone loves lucio. Sine he has come I can't play one game without him ruining it. He genuinely takes away the competitive strategy and simply I don't enjoy playing anymore. I've been playing less and less. I never though I would hate a hero so much it made me quit my favorite game. So long friends. It's been a wild trip.
Doomfist? Don't you mean Junkrat. That was a Typo right?
I'm having a hard time taking this seriously since there are multiple threads on the first couple pages saying Doomfist isn't viable or is easily telegraphed and countered.
Why? He's weak as hell.
I dont even know what to say man, after all the nerfs, bugs, 'fixes', heck even the statistic (pick rate-win rate) is pointing that he is useless now.

And here you are, saying he's still OP and crying to quit.
Oh, by the way, as of right now you have 5 seconds play time as Doomfist. Maybe go play him some more and feel it yourself, how 'OP' he is right now.
09/08/2017 01:04 AMPosted by TeamChevy86
I'm having a hard time taking this seriously since there are multiple threads on the first couple pages saying Doomfist isn't viable or is easily telegraphed and countered.

It doesn't mean it's true. There was plenty of pages saying that prenerfed DVA was perfectly balanced and that people need to adapt. Plenty of pages saying that nerfed RH was perfectly viable, people need to adapt. The only truth is stats.

And I don't like DF either. His punch is far too high skill floor. Plenty of people are charging the punch and wait for someone to come. It's an easy way to get some instant kills with no aim involved. His ult is also kind of OP. He becomes invul, can move on half the map and get some free kills. But the rest of his kit sucks.

I believe he is high skill floor, low skill ceiling.
Also OP is Tracer with tons of hours. Tons of hours on strongest DPS in game is crying about doomfist. I could undertand Genji cry - deflect cant save him, but Tracer with all those blinks..
I have many questions.
1: You've never thought a hero to be too strong or too weak? Wasn't Junkrat just dead 99% of the time when he could damage himself? How about Sombra...i'm almost postive that the longer cooldown on translocator, longer time to hack and her massive spread DEFINITELY made her look bad to everyone. Wasn't McCree borderline busted way back in the day as well being called the Cowboy Sniper? How about D.Va with a MAD AMOUNT OF ARMOR and the ability to bully the HELL out of people? How long did it even take for people to CONSIDER using Orisa? You make it sound like Overwatch was just perfect every single time before Doomfist. It wasn't...

2. How does Doomfist ruin the competitive nature of the game? You never actually stated it... I still see some pro games with Doomfist in them. He's not exactly dominating the scene though. Is it because of the one shot? The situational 1 shot that he has to charge into you for potentially dying in the process or after the fact? The one that you can actually survive with some healing most of the time?

3. Everyone is actually dropping Doomfist right now because they presume he's weak due to the hitbox fixes. Now he REALLY has to thread the needle with his punches so it's not like they're super strong anymore. So how are you seeing more when he's actually dropping in usage?

4. He has counterplay, a lot of counterplay. It's WAY easier to defeat a good Doomfist than a good Genji. He's large and easy to hit. He only really moves fast when he's rocket punching. You can even SHIELD his ultimate's damage. If you could tango with Genji why is Doomfist more difficult?
You'll have to learn to counter doomfist just like I did.
I hated him at first, now I can easily beat a doomfist.

Ohwell, if you're still going, bye then.
Even though Ive gotten my !@# beat as lucio against a doomfist I find that a well timed ult to negate his can be amazingly helpful.. i think its trying to work around him... ive seen a genji and a doomfist fight it out and that was fun to watch, too, tbh. However, if doomfist is becoming too much or a problem I will ask the team to try and focus him or switch to one of his counters (https://rankedboost.com/overwatch/counters/doomfist/). I think half the fun of playing overwatch is trying to adjust for different characters and skill levels. Realistically, though, there will be times when your team is just out played. It happens.

Good luck! Dont give up!
Look. Someone complaining about a Hero they get countered by. Please quit, it would be one less flanker main in this game
09/08/2017 01:20 AMPosted by Honchkrow

3. Everyone is actually dropping Doomfist right now because they presume he's weak due to the hitbox fixes. Now he REALLY has to thread the needle with his punches so it's not like they're super strong anymore. So how are you seeing more when he's actually dropping in usage?

I agree people assume doomfist is suddenly super weak even though that is not true. The rocket punch hitbox could be a little bigger but overrall you can still do quite well as him. I see him almost every game in diamond comp. He is certainly NOT OP.
You play the three heroes who make Doomfist flee in terror, tracer, Pharah, and widow, and yet somehow he's giving you trouble? You might also want to check your facts since doomfist pickrate is nowhere near the 80's let alone 100.

In fact, according to one of the few sources who actually bother to collect data on this sorta thing, overbuff, his pickrate is 2.41 percent. Coming in at just a bit more frequently then Hanzo at 2.31 percent. Hes about the 15th most picked which is middling really, not less then 1 like a couple heroes but not more then 3. Tracer at 3.00 and Pharah at 4.14 are way more common sights, and tend to have better stats overall to doomfist, especially in the kills to death ratio where he is 2 to 1 versus 3 to 1 of both tracer and Pharah.

If Overwatch is the perfect game, doomfist is the perfect hero, because he's fallen into the comfortably average category nicely.
09/08/2017 01:44 AMPosted by T3ER
09/08/2017 01:20 AMPosted by Honchkrow

I agree people assume doomfist is suddenly super weak even though that is not true. The rocket punch hitbox could be a little bigger but overrall you can still do quite well as him. I see him almost every game in diamond comp. He is certainly NOT OP.

The glitches make him not worth it. Having abilities that can fail to trigger but get put on cooldown, attacks that phase through enemies, attacks that put enemies behind you, and attacks that can deal no damage through what appears to be random geography detection errors, make him a poor choice versus a Hanzo or Widow who can one shot with at least some level of consistency not tied to how buggy the character will be that round.
Always the genji or tracer main
Poor tracer main can't handle having a counter.

He's not even a good counter. Get over it.
09/08/2017 01:47 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller
You play the three heroes who make Doomfist flee in terror, tracer, Pharah, and widow, and yet somehow he's giving you trouble? You might also want to check your facts since doomfist pickrate is nowhere near the 80's let alone 100.

In fact, according to one of the few sources who actually bother to collect data on this sorta thing, overbuff, his pickrate is 2.41 percent. Coming in at just a bit more frequently then Hanzo at 2.31 percent. Hes about the 15th most picked which is middling really, not less then 1 like a couple heroes but not more then 3. Tracer at 3.00 and Pharah at 4.14 are way more common sights, and tend to have better stats overall to doomfist, especially in the kills to death ratio where he is 2 to 1 versus 3 to 1 of both tracer and Pharah.

If Overwatch is the perfect game, doomfist is the perfect hero, because he's fallen into the comfortably average category nicely.

DF is 3.71% pickrate, 56.67% win rate at GM rank. He has the sixth best win rate with Sym and Torb ranked 1 and 2 but DF is not situational. I don't say he is OP, but pick rate means nothing really.
09/08/2017 02:00 AMPosted by Mineos
09/08/2017 01:47 AMPosted by DnDiceRoller

DF is 3.71% pickrate, 56.67% win rate at GM rank. He has the sixth best win rate with Sym and Torb ranked 1 and 2 but DF is not situational. I don't say he is OP, but pick rate means nothing really.

GM is GM, I'm talking about his stats through the whole of the game. And op is not in GM, so that data is irrelevant to them anyway since they aren't encountering those players, say for Smurfs.
09/08/2017 02:00 AMPosted by Mineos
DF is 3.71% pickrate, 56.67% win rate at GM rank

DF pick rate at GM is 1.10 at most