The Doomfist Problem

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
Highly Rated
Right now doomfist is weak compared to every character in the game. He has received multiple nerfs and each one nerfed his capabilities severely. All of them were ok, doomfist players could adapt to them. Until they nerfed his hitbox. They made it much more smaller and it was a proper amount because of doomfist being able to hit people through walls, but now doomfist is weak and is very vulnerable considering he has the hitbox of a tank and half the health of one. I have a solution to fix the doomfist problem, here it is. New Passive: Every time doomfist damages someone with his abilities he generates shields (same amount of shields) and he loses 1 second on all of his cooldowns. To make up for this buff i suggest adding 1 more second to rocket punch cooldown (along with this buff will come bug fixes such as ghost punches and wall slides). Doomfists main ability was to use Rocket Punch, but with this new passive he'll be able to dish out more combos and become more skill based. Not only that, but he'll be able to survive his counters more often.

Ty TyMaSu for mentioning this vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1f3X44LS7E)
Need more support if this is gonna work
Highly Rated
Any buff for doomfist is good
I suggested the same thing before, but mine also kept his normal passive. Honestly, I agree he needs more DPS, but if he becomes too combo oriented, then his punches will seem too weak. After all, this is Doomfist, the guy who makes each of his attacks really count, and they do MASSIVE damage. Hell, he took out Genji in one shot, same with Tracer, and only lost to Winston after he went all Primal Rage ( I think Doomfist just didn't expect Winston to be as strong as he was, and if he took Winston more seriously, he would've ended the ape's life). I'd like him to remain a more slow-tempo'd, calculating brawler, who deals devastating attacks when he does strike, rather than a C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER all the time. His Rising Uppercut and Seismic Slam need to become reliable finishers on their own, and maybe his passive could give him degenerating armor instead of shields. Other than that, not much he would need.
METEOR STRIKE

. . .

*Mei freeze*
Highly Rated
Remember when he was first released on PTR and everybody went crazy because of his OHKO? Boards full of rants about how OP and broken he was?

That's the Doomfist we should have had. He never had a chance, and no new hero ever will until balf a year after their release.

"Sombra so OP pls nerf" and she turns out to be useless until many patches of QoL buffs came in.

"Orisa so OP pls nerf" and she turns out to be complete deadweight until several major rebalances and buffs later.

I call it the new hero effect. "It's unfamiliar and I don't know how to deal with it yet so it must be broken".
I cant even tell if these are meme threads or not anymore. Doomfist has a 4s roadhog hook except it just kills you if it is directed anywhere in your immediate area. easily the most powerful ability in the game right now.
09/11/2017 03:41 PMPosted by Otterchin
Remember when he was first released on PTR and everybody went crazy because of his OHKO? Boards full of rants about how OP and broken he was?

That's the Doomfist we should have had. He never had a chance, and no new hero ever will until balf a year after their release.

"Sombra so OP pls nerf" and she turns out to be useless until many patches of QoL buffs came in.

"Orisa so OP pls nerf" and she turns out to be complete deadweight until several major rebalances and buffs later.

I call it the new hero effect. "It's unfamiliar and I don't know how to deal with it yet so it must be broken".

I hoped they would say "well get gud" to those who moaned about Doomfist, as he was THE most hyped hero in ALL of Overwatch. But nah, they pandered to the whiners and nerfed him to be a pathetic slouch, not worth the DPS slot.
09/11/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Nakeddave
I cant even tell if these are meme threads or not anymore. Doomfist has a 4s roadhog hook except it just kills you if it is directed anywhere in your immediate area. easily the most powerful ability in the game right now.

1 hour on Doomfist. Mercy main.

Argument invalid. Also, look up the countless threads on how his "one-shot" is far different than Hog's.
09/11/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Nakeddave
You havn't probably played doomfist after his hitbox nerf. He is highly ineffective and can't really kill anybody anymore without ambushing then from behind. He is basically tracer, but with the hitbox of a tank and much much more slower
Just more proof Blizz can't balance their own game. They hand out doomfist nerfs rapidly while also buffing all his counters. Making him go from god tier to trash tier in 1/2 weeks.
Good joke lol. This would be incredibly broken. It would effectively make his shift and e 5 second cooldowns if you are competent and make rocket punch 3 seconds.
09/11/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Arcyle
Good joke lol. This would be incredibly broken. It would effectively make his shift and e 5 second cooldowns if you are competent and make rocket punch 3 seconds.
He is already super weak and he'd have to be up close to be effective considering if they keep his tiny hitbox.
Doomfist needs to be fixed if we are going to fix the tracer and genji problem.
09/11/2017 03:51 PMPosted by Balista
Just more proof Blizz can't balance their own game. They hand out doomfist nerfs rapidly while also buffing all his counters. Making him go from god tier to trash tier in 1/2 weeks.

Let's be honest- he was never even god tier.

Even at his strongest.. His win rate in competitive was in line with any other standard assault character, but he was being picked in about 1 in 20 matches, while other "meta" assaults such as soldier, tracer, and genji (the last two being prime examples of heroes he was supposed to counter), were being picked 20-25% of the time, and he always (again, even at his strongest) had one of the worst E/D ratios in the game.

I don't envy blizzard. They have 15 arguments for how balance should be for every 10 players. Blizzard COULD balance this game- I have no doubt. But the better question is WHERE would this game be balanced for? Balance it for the high end and everyone else suffers. Balance it for the mid / average tier and anyone at the high end will complain. It's literally impossible to make everyone happy, because all anyone can care about it balance at THEIR level.

Rip doomfist. It doesn't matter how they balance him sadly. As long as he has a POTENTIAL 1hko that revolves around punishing poor positioning, players will complain he's OP even if he's trash tier against a team that knows how to counter and position against him.

Edit: yay for cell phones and auto correct!
I think doomfist is fine as is now, lets not forget he's still got a oneshot every 4 seconds....Now you just have to actually hit your target to get the kill instead of being in the ballpark and it somehow hitting them. The hitbox fix I think has exposed alot of doomfist players that have zero accuracy.
09/11/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Deadman
I think doomfist is fine as is now, lets not forget he's still got a oneshot every 4 seconds....Now you just have to actually hit your target to get the kill instead of being in the ballpark and it somehow hitting them. The hitbox fix I think has exposed alot of doomfist players that have zero accuracy.
Lets not forget that he also has the hitbox of a tank and rocket punch is extremely buggy and most of the time doesn't register wall shots.
09/11/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Juanitoo
New Passive: Every time doomfist damages someone with his abilities he generates shields (same amount of shields) and he loses 1 second on all of his cooldowns. To make up for this buff i suggest adding 1 more second to rocket punch cooldown.

I have always thought Doomfist should be a tank personally...I think these changes sound okay but let me give you my two cents for fixing the man with the gauntlet.

Change his passive to grant 15 shields for using and ability. Gaining small amounts of shields (15 is half of the full 30 for landing an ability on 1 target) regardless of landing a hit would help his poor sustain. He's as big as a tank after all.

I also think his hand cannon needs to be more consistent if the RP is going to be very unreliable. For example, a good Roadhog hits on average around 60% hook accuracy. Doomfist's RP has a shorter cool down but more utility outside of trying to one-shot i.e. movement. Currently, a good DF player should be landing around 35-40% or his punches. he needs to have other aspects of his kit buffed to compensate for the RP inconsistency. The hand cannon is the way to do that.
09/11/2017 05:06 PMPosted by Juanitoo
09/11/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Deadman
Lets not forget that he also has the hitbox of a tank and rocket punch is extremely buggy and most of the time doesn't register wall shots.

And let's not forget that he has one of the lowest DPSs out of any Offense or Defense heroes.

Honestly, since he has to be close to deal damage, he should have the highest DPS.
I was playing him a few days ago, on Temple of Anubis as defense. Two enemy players got into that small hallway behind the point, I jumped back there and fully charged my fist, flew straight through to the other side, SOMEHOW missing both of them in that tiny corridor. I think they nerfed his punch hitbox a little too much.