Closing threads critical of the game

General Discussion
09/08/2017 02:23 PMPosted by FudgeShark
09/08/2017 02:12 PMPosted by EvryGamMatrz
Go ahead and define "talking crap" for me.

09/08/2017 02:12 PMPosted by EvryGamMatrz
It's not my fault they have stupid developers

absolutely miraculous that both of these sentences are in the same post

Ha, I see the irony.

But you do you see the truth?
09/08/2017 02:20 PMPosted by EvryGamMatrz
Look pal, I appreciate the response, I do. But please try to stay on topic. This thread is about how the mods are TAKING DOWN THREADS critical of the game.

And people are explaining to you why that thread was taken down.

The whining on these forums is non-stop, and yet 99% of threads aren't closed. I guarantee you that whatever you said in the other thread was nothing new, original, or useful. You weren't singled out for your bulletproof logic and incisive criticism, or whatever the hell else you think you contributed. The thread was closed because the title most likely violated forum rules.

There's no conspiracy to stifle dissent and criticism.
They get closed because people do not read the rules. Or maybe there already a couple active threads on the topic and no need to make another.
This post btw, falls under the rule "Don't post about locked or deleted threads." as it just spam, and most likely going to be deleted soon anyways.

You might want to take a moment to read the rules, and also just check if what ever your trying to talk about not already a thread.
09/08/2017 02:25 PMPosted by EvryGamMatrz
Are you telling me that if I follow it up with,

"But I KNOW you guys can fix it because you are a special group of people who will definitely review your change control process (continuous delivery) and adjust as necessary! Keep it up guys!"

Why do I owe them that? I don't, plain and simple.

Do you need to owe anyone anything to not call someone stupid?
In any case, I've just uninstalled the game. I'm done playing a game that punishes me for:

1) Going to get a drink of water

2) Bugs that are out of my control

3) Attempts to fix the game install

4) provide feedback

I hope one day you all realize your dream of a perfect world with no negative feedback. I'm sure it's coming, just try a little harder.

"Stupid developers! How could you implement an inactivity timeout SHORTER than the amount of time given to select a character pre-match?

yeah i can see why your thread got deleted.

constructive criticism in the way i said doesn't mean complimenting the developers. that's not helping them improve on anything.
09/08/2017 02:29 PMPosted by EvryGamMatrz

I hope one day you all realize your dream of a perfect world with no negative feedback. I'm sure it's coming, just try a little harder.

I've just uninstalled the game.

Well I guess we're up 1 for 0 so we must be doing something right
In any case, I've just uninstalled the game. I'm done playing a game that punishes me for:

4) provide feedback

Way to be butthurt.

You suck at receiving negative feedback too, as evidenced by this thread. Hypocrisy, thy name is EvryGamMatrz.

4) provide feedback

Good for you uninstalling alot the posts in this thread just shows blizzard entinces an encrourges this toxic behavior. Mines been alot better muting all chats an blocking the other 11 players that beginging of each match.
09/08/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Marloblando

4) provide feedback

Way to be butthurt.

I'm taking the only action relevant to me. I'm done playing.
09/08/2017 02:34 PMPosted by Marloblando

You suck at receiving negative feedback too, as evidenced by this thread. Hypocrisy, thy name is EvryGamMatrz.

None of you paid me money for a product. See how that works?
09/08/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Izanami
say something negative, then say something positive. now that's constructive criticism. you could even say a compliment, say something negative, then end with something positive. often times people just say negative stuff without adding anything positive so that whoever is receiving the criticism can look at something they're doing right.

I have no responsibility to say something positive. In fact, a rant every once in a while is healthy. This isn't something I do every day.

But when I voice my concern with an issue in the game, specifically, that IS being constructive because I'm performing free bug checks!

What would a "good" or "acceptable" post be to you? Would it go something like this?

"Stupid developers! How could you implement an inactivity timeout SHORTER than the amount of time given to select a character pre-match?

Because that was about what I said. Are you telling me that if I follow it up with,

"But I KNOW you guys can fix it because you are a special group of people who will definitely review your change control process (continuous delivery) and adjust as necessary! Keep it up guys!"

Why do I owe them that? I don't, plain and simple.

"Stupid developers! How could you implement an inactivity timeout SHORTER than the amount of time given to select a character pre-match?"

Should become

"The inactivity timeout is SHORTER than the amount of time given to select a character pre-match!"

See now its neither calling out the dev team in a rude fashion, nor giving them unnecessary praise. It's simply constructive criticism. The critical part is not the issue. It's the "stupid developer" part that isn't allowed. They don't tolerate calling out the dev team in a rude fashion.
09/08/2017 02:10 PMPosted by MrTickles
They are not afraid of CONSTRUCTIVE critique. This thread and likely the one before it was not constructive.
Earlier some thread about IQ tests for the forums got closed, but we have another one about how female heroes are designed. The IQ thread was full of likes. The SJW thread was full of dislikes. Why was the IQ thread, full of likes, deleted if the SJW thread, full of dislikes, is still allowed to stay?
09/08/2017 02:36 PMPosted by EvryGamMatrz
09/08/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Marloblando

Way to be butthurt.

I'm taking the only action relevant to me. I'm done playing.

Hence, butthurt. There are a bunch of other things you could have done that don't involve uninstalling the game, and yet you overreacted all the same. Once again, you really suck at dealing with criticism.
I think we've gotten a recent forum moderator addition who is really impulsive, hence the recent spat of "you can't call out specific developers" if someone posts something critical of the devs. It's really immature but since they have unilateral authority, there's nothing we can do. The moderators are confirming every suspicion we hold of them by trying to smash out dissent.
09/08/2017 02:31 PMPosted by linkdude240

I've just uninstalled the game.

Well I guess we're up 1 for 0 so we must be doing something right

Yup, you're doing it SO right! Chase every person who has expressed negative statements about the developers and then you'll have the Overwatch Utopia you dream about. You might even be able to field 12 players once in awhile.
Just a friendly reminder, topics that do not conform to the Battle.net Code of Conduct and Forum Guidelines will be locked or hidden.

Thank you.