Bring back Chateau only or Rework the other maps

General Discussion
Playing FFA in the chateau was awesome because the map was designed for that mode, yet none of the other maps is actually good for this mode and here is why:

1)Stage size and lenght: The chateau is a relatively small stage that loops so finding a fight is easy and almost effortless, in the other stages this is not the case. Look at Hanamura and Volskaya, these maps are way to big and linear, if you happen to spawn in one of the ends of the stages finding someone becomes really annoying, plus if you have a hero with low mobility traversing the stage becomes even more annoying.

2)Stage design/Hero Viability: While FFA obviously benefits some heroes the chateau did a great job at giving all the heroes a fair chance. Small corridors for heroes like Junkrat, Reaper and Symmetra, big open spaces for heroes like Pharah and the snipers and it even had jumpads for heroes with low mibility like Mccree, Torbjorn and Bation, while giving them a vantage point at the same time.

The other maps? nope. These are designed for normal Overwatch so it becomes less fair for certain heroes due to the stages not being balanced towards FFA.

So, aside from just bringing back chateau only they could also actually rework these maps. Reduce the maps size, add some walls, take down some, add jumpads, etc. make them feel more like the chateau in terms of balance
i agree very good points , chateau is awsome for ffa other maps are too big and favour certain heroes .
It is better the way it is right now. The old maps don't have all the problems chateau does, like spawning in sym/torb nests or in front of someone only to die instantly. The mode needs larger maps than chateau because the spawn system is honestly just bad. If anything they could just trim the old maps a little more so you don't have to look for enemies quite as much.
For me the only map that I don't really like in this mode is Volskaya Industries; the area just feels way too big. I wasn't too into the King's Row map either, but I've only gotten it like twice so I'm not completely sure yet. I'm fine with the rest though!
09/09/2017 08:45 PMPosted by Væll
It is better the way it is right now. The old maps don't have all the problems chateau does, like spawning in sym/torb nests or in front of someone only to die instantly.

I have all of those problems with the current maps, never did with Chateau....
It is better the way it is right now. The old maps don't have all the problems chateau does, like spawning in sym/torb nests or in front of someone only to die instantly. The mode needs larger maps than chateau because the spawn system is honestly just bad. If anything they could just trim the old maps a little more so you don't have to look for enemies quite as much.

A 1.5 to 2-second long temporary invulnerability + movement speed buff on spawn would probably fix most of those problems.
I actually like the reworked maps because it puts some practical practice into the game mode. Most of these reworked maps take place on the streets phase of maps where a lot of offensive heroes will find themselves running around, trying to get kills. It's actually some decent practice, playing in familiar areas and looking for combat encounters. I don't have a problem with most of these maps, anyway, except maybe the 2CP ones. They just seem a little too big and wide.
Chateau is amazing, and some maps are just god AWFUL for FFA.

Volksaya is probably, by far, the worse, I feel like it should EITHER be only point A, or only point B. Both feel way, way too large.
I don't get why the lockout maps (black forest, Antarctica, Castillo, Necropolis) can't be used for FFA? They have them for the team mode and as far as I've seen they work fine. I'd rather have tighter maps like that than wasted space like Volskaya or Horizon colony

this problem is not exclusive to the chateau, I spawned 2 times behind the enemy that killed me in hanamura (plus the enemy also spawned 2 times near me). It's not a problem of the stage, is more of a mistake in blizzard part regarding spawns.
I really dont like bumping my own thread but i feel like getting the opinion of more people on this subject is relatively important.