Remember this is a FPS game

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
...not a hospital sim!

You all talk like DPS players are the worst, when in fact DPS are the most important role in this game.

If people aren't dying, you can't win. DPS job is to kill people and win the game. Support characters plays the supporting role!

People asking for other healers to be buffed have no idea how bad this game would be if every healer was as strong as current Mercy.
Highly Rated
Except, that's not how real life works
Highly Rated
I hope this is just bait.
dps is still a stupid term
DPS is what?
Highly Rated
Until you have more than 45 minutes on a support hero then come back with your useless opinions.
Highly Rated
I'd suggest you play more and really learn to understand how this game works. It's NOT about killing things.
Highly Rated
Except who's gonna keep you from dying all the time?

Overwatch is an FPS, but that's only part of it. A more apt term for the game is that it's a team-based shooter. With objectives. You can kill people all you want but if you don't get close to that objective your chances of winning are kaput. And I've seen it happen. :/
In a game about killing things, you should focus on heroes that can kill and focusing on not killing things is always should to be niche by design. Like goalkeepers in football or ice hockey.
10/05/2017 06:23 AMPosted by elysis
I'd suggest you play more and really learn to understand how this game works. It's NOT about killing things.

Yeah, its about pressing SHIFT and E and ... heroes never die
Highly Rated
Every part of the team is important.

You wont win without supports.
You wont win without tanks.
You wont win without dps.

Dont talk like maining dps is more important that the other roles, specially when dps is the most played category.
Highly Rated
10/05/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Bladerunner
In a game about killing things, you should focus on heroes that can kill and focusing on not killing things is always should to be niche by design. Like goalkeepers in football or ice hockey.

Dude, goalkeepers are by far the most important players in ice hockey.
10/05/2017 06:24 AMPosted by shomarus
Except who's gonna keep you from dying all the time?

Overwatch is an FPS, but that's only part of it. A more apt term for the game is that it's a team-based shooter. With objectives. You can kill people all you want but if you don't get close to that objective your chances of winning are kaput. And I've seen it happen. :/

i do not have problem with moba and MMO influence but if this game would be competitive only if is a hero shooter first.
If not well this game will never be a competitive on the level of LoL, Dota 2, CS:GO and Starcraft (or even Heroes of the Storm and Rocket League).
Highly Rated
Woah, I didn't know I paid 60 bucks for a rainbow colorful version of COD with a Ninja in it, my bad.
Yes, imagine if every team had 4 goalkeepers? Lol nobody would watch football
10/05/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Gitgut
Every part of the team is important.

You wont win without supports.
You wont win without tanks.
You wont win without dps.

Dont talk like maining dps is more important that the other roles, specially when dps is the most played category.
Of course you need every role, but people asking for buffs for all the supports instead of nerfing Mercy are just delusional.

Imagine how boring this game would be.
10/05/2017 06:32 AMPosted by SertanejoRai
Yes, imagine if every team had 4 goalkeepers? Lol nobody would watch football

Yeah. Imagine if their is a game that force you to play with 2 tanks and 2 supports who are like goalkeepers in footballl? I wait OW is that game.
10/05/2017 06:34 AMPosted by Bladerunner
10/05/2017 06:32 AMPosted by SertanejoRai
...Yes, imagine if every team had 4 goalkeepers? Lol nobody would watch football

Yeah. Imagine if their is a game that force you to play with 2 tanks and 2 supports who are like goalkeepers in footballl? I wait OW is that game.

If you play without goalkeeper in football you will lose, no ifs, no buts, even if your team is far better than the opposition. in OW you will win very easily with any configuration if individual players are much better than the opposition players. So how exactly is this the same, pray tell?
Mhm and how are you getting those team kills without getting your !@# handed to you? If it wasn't for the healers you'd be dead most of the time because apparently some of you don't know what a healthpack is.

Just like if you were in a real life war, you'd probably die if it weren't for the Medics patching you up when you're injured.

Supports are just as important as DPS.
Tanks are just as important as DPS.

I think the real problem here is a lot of you DPS mains (Not all of you) think you own the game and you're the most important special little snowflakes in the world.

Well you're not.

There are other roles in this game and they are ALL equally important. No role is more important than the other.