Remember this is a FPS game

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
But it's not a FPS. The main thing in shooter games is aiming. This game seems to want to do away with aiming.
Imagine if there was a team sport with more defenders and goalies than attackers, it would never be popular...oh, wait, football is the most popular sport in the world by far.

See how pointless this comparison is?
10/05/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
Imagine if there was a team sport with more defenders and goalies than attackers, it would never be popular...oh, wait, football is the most popular sport in the world by far.

It depends on the team comp, some teams are more offensive than others.

I'm not against healers or tanks, they have an important role in this game, but people talk like this tiny Mercy nerf will be the end of the world. Remember when she wasn't a must pick? Well, every team had a healer back then, in fact most teams had two healers (Lucio and Zen or Lucio and Ana most of the time).
10/05/2017 06:52 AMPosted by SertanejoRai

It depends on the team comp, some teams are more offensive than others.

I'm not against healers or tanks, they have an important role in this game, but people talk like this tiny Mercy nerf will be the end of the world. Remember when she wasn't a must pick? Well, every team had a healer back then, in fact most teams had two healers (Lucio and Zen or Lucio and Ana most of the time).

>tiny Mercy nerf

Did you even read the patch notes lol they are removing the most crucial part of her kit and now her ult is a sub par Zen/Orisa ult

In football you do not have four goalkeepers and only to field position! This is OW in a nutshell.
10/05/2017 07:19 AMPosted by champagne
10/05/2017 06:52 AMPosted by SertanejoRai
...It depends on the team comp, some teams are more offensive than others.

>tiny Mercy nerf

Did you even read the patch notes lol they are removing the most crucial part of her kit and now her ult is a sub par Zen/Orisa ult
She is the best healer of the game and on top of that she can rez every 30 sec, which means every team fight is a 7v6. God mode Mercy can rez more than before when it was her ult, and I bet ptr mercy will still rez more than her old self before god mode
This is not just an FPS.
This is a team game.

"DPS is the most important role" - if no one is there to shield you, you will die. If no one is there to heal you, you will die. Go in with all DPS - it will just be a constant stream of deaths from the team that has all three categories.

DPS do the killing.
Healers keep the DPS killing.
Tanks shield the team so the healers can keep the DPS doing the killing.
Protect each other, respect each other, fight for each other.
You get no where when you're only in it for yourself.

DPS are NOT the most important part of the game.
Healers are NOT the most important part of the game.
Tanks are NOT the most important part of the game.

A team acting like a team is the most important part of the game.

This is a team game.
Act as a team.
Appreciate each other.
Think like a wolf pack and back each other's asses up.
No member of the pack is less valuable than another, no matter their rank within - all the way down to the little omega. They all have their vital role to play.

People need to remember this - not the self righteous tones of "I am better", "I have golds, all of you suck", "We lost because the healers/dps/tanks sucked."

The team is only as good as each other.
overwatch was supposed to be different from other fps games

why would I buy it if there are so many out there

its because it was a breath of fresh air

Now its heading down the road that all fps games focus on

KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES

like I couldn't do that in every other fps game ever created
10/05/2017 07:22 AMPosted by Bladerunner

In football you do not have four goalkeepers and only to field position! This is OW in a nutshell.

You have run this comparison into the ground even though it didn't make sense to begin with.
10/05/2017 07:48 AMPosted by DavenNashi
if no one is there to shield you, you will die. If no one is there to heal you, you will die. Go in with all DPS - it will just be a constant stream of deaths from the team that has all three categories.
No one suggested that
10/05/2017 06:20 AMPosted by SertanejoRai
If people aren't dying, you can't win. DPS job is to kill people and win the game.

Well i suppose that mean whoever plays are DPS hero and can`t kill anyone is really not good at their job and not because healers heal too much.
10/05/2017 07:57 AMPosted by Shining
If people aren't dying, you can't win. DPS job is to kill people and win the game.

Well i suppose that mean whoever plays are DPS hero and can`t kill anyone is really not good at their job and not because healers heal too much.
Sure, DPS should be killing stuff or they aren't doing their job.

Supports are in a good place right now, only Mercy is totally OP but they are fixing it, and Ana needs a tiny buff, but even needing a buff she was viable before Mercy god mode

My problem is with people asking for buffs to all healers instead of nerfing Mercy, it would make this game unbearable
If only this was a team based game.
If only...
This is also a team game.
DPS job is to kill people and win the game.

Please go back to playing CoD then.

10/05/2017 06:26 AMPosted by Gitgut
Every part of the team is important.

You wont win without supports.
You wont win without tanks.
You wont win without dps.

Dont talk like maining dps is more important that the other roles, specially when dps is the most played category.

^^^^^THIS!!!

10/05/2017 06:44 AMPosted by Vex
Mhm and how are you getting those team kills without getting your !@# handed to you? If it wasn't for the healers you'd be dead most of the time because apparently some of you don't know what a healthpack is.

Just like if you were in a real life war, you'd probably die if it weren't for the Medics patching you up when you're injured.

Supports are just as important as DPS.
Tanks are just as important as DPS.

I think the real problem here is a lot of you DPS mains (Not all of you) think you own the game and you're the most important special little snowflakes in the world.

Well you're not.

There are other roles in this game and they are ALL equally important. No role is more important than the other.

THANK YOU!!
This is not just an FPS.
This is a team game.
A team acting like a team is the most important part of the game.

This is a team game.
Act as a team.
Appreciate each other.
Think like a wolf pack and back each other's asses up.
No member of the pack is less valuable than another, no matter their rank within - all the way down to the little omega. They all have their vital role to play.

People need to remember this - not the self righteous tones of "I am better", "I have golds, all of you suck", "We lost because the healers/dps/tanks sucked."

The team is only as good as each other.

Teamwork, right there!!

I'm glad I'm a tank and support main.
If I wanted to play RS: Siege I would, OW has the chance to be something special.
10/05/2017 06:46 AMPosted by HillBillyD
But it's not a FPS. The main thing in shooter games is aiming. This game seems to want to do away with aiming.

This game isn't doing away with aiming at all. The large majority of characters have to aim. This game has done something other games have not and catered towards a large audience filled with people who can aim and those who cannot (or don't want to) allowing both sides to have big impacts in the game.
...not a hospital sim!

You all talk like DPS players are the worst, when in fact DPS are the most important role in this game.

If people aren't dying, you can't win. DPS job is to kill people and win the game. Support characters plays the supporting role!

People asking for other healers to be buffed have no idea how bad this game would be if every healer was as strong as current Mercy.

You know what your totally right you've opened our eyes, those Tanks that shield for you from Pharah and those healers that heal you when you get hurt doing something dumb like walking in front of Rein's Shield what do they know.

We should all just lock in DPS heroes from now on and when someone asks for a healer say "its not a hospital simulator", thank you random DPS player you've showed us the way. I'm sure we can attack Temple of Anibus without a barrier and dodge all those Junkrat bombs coming our way, or just run to that health pack well away from the point to get healed.

Remember this guy people he's saying us Tank & Support players to boycott the tanks & support, so if it does happen blame him LOL.

FYI I'm joking
10/05/2017 09:08 AMPosted by ExVirgo

Remember this guy people he's saying us Tank & Support players to boycott the tanks & support, so if it does happen blame him LOL.
I never said that, in fact I believe the support mains will be happier now that their mains aren't outclassed by a single healer. You know why I don't play support? Because I used to, until they made Mercy a must pick, because I knew I'd put my team in disadvantage picking Lucio or Zen isntead of Mercy (yes, I refuse to play Mercy)
Mercy god mode created a dps main and I'm sure I'm not the only one
Every role is equally important and needs the other roles help. Or at least, that's how Overwatch was originally.