The Devs didn't kill Ana, We did.

General Discussion
I miss the days when the enemy feared the nanoboost.

Today the only viable nanoboost targets are winston and genji (below masters) due to the spamfest of shields.

What a damn shame.
10/21/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Chaghatai
Ana isn't dead - she was used more than pros than non-broken Mercy was before they broke Mercy - Sym as a non-healer support is still strictly worse

In any case, utility as a pure healer was enough to make her #7 within the pro top 10 - healing utility alone is so powerful it makes a hero like Ana top 10

This means that without a doubt Ana is plenty powerful - it's just her mains know it's her heals that is the only reason she is there and they don't want her to be a heal bot

I say whatever, it's totally fine that she's a healbot and as such she should not be changed - if it's good enough for TF2's Medic, it's good enough for Ana

"totally fine with a character being reduced to a healbot," they say as they never pick healer
Pretty unpopular opinion but I think her grenade was actually fine. It was one of the best ways to defend yourself and had the potential to save your team. Instead of reducing the damage of it they should've just put it on a longer cooldown.
10/21/2017 07:25 PMPosted by ButteryCrab
Pretty unpopular opinion but I think her grenade was actually fine. It was one of the best ways to defend yourself and had the potential to save your team. Instead of reducing the damage of it they should've just put it on a longer cooldown.

Most likely it's unpopular because it's wrong. The nade never got a damage nerf, her rifle did. The nerfs to her nade was a duration nerf for the buff and debuff it gives and a reduction of how much healing boost it gives(was 100% now 50%)..
10/21/2017 02:22 PMPosted by CaptGreentoe
No we didn't, we asked for a grenade nerf, not a damage and nano-boost nerf.
This is all on the developers.
10/21/2017 02:14 PMPosted by ButteryCrab
Everyone blamed her for the tank meta.
...Because she was responsible for the tank meta? No one else could juggle 3 tanks solo and 1v1 most non-tank heroes until Ana came along.
ana still should not have 80dps im sorry
Wasnt the problem with Ana back then was her nade tho? It wasnt her damage I know that, and browsing prev threads back then, a lot of threads had agreed that it was the nade, not the dmg.

But guess what. we have blizz for balancing things and guess what happened?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no??????

Community: “Hey Ana’s Grenade is too strong can yo-“

Bliz: “uh yeah sure whatever”

*nerfs her guns damage*

Community: “no
anna is fine.
but why pick anna when you have a hero that can soloheal the team, has infinite resses & can swim across the skies avoiding everything every 30seconds.
10/22/2017 06:49 AMPosted by DrFate

Wow, you sure have convinced me. Single handedly tore down any argument debating for Ana's damage with your "sorry".

And yeah, that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell.
10/22/2017 07:03 AMPosted by mindghosts
10/22/2017 06:49 AMPosted by DrFate

Wow, you sure have convinced me. Single handedly tore down any argument debating for Ana's damage with your "sorry".

And yeah, that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell.
fine a simple explanation

Mcree dps without headshots 80
Ana dps before nerf 80
Ana had highest hps
Ana has sleep dart
Ana has amp heal and anti heal
Its like if you made mcree dps and have really high hps and amazing utility

No support should infringe on a dps value

If we nees to buff her damage make it like 70 or something
10/21/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Lostmaniac9
I don't know about you, but I saw people begging for grenade nerfs, not damage nerfs. Sure, she needed nerfing, that was obvious, but gutting her damage was not the answer, as has been shown to be the case.
The thing is... they nerfed her grenade on PTR. Then the forums exploded begging for a gun nerf instead, so they reverted the greande and put a gun nerf on PTR. Then the forums exploded because blizzard was pandering to slimy ana OP hero mains.

10/22/2017 09:37 AMPosted by DrFate
Ana dps before nerf 80
Your math is a bit off. Mccree dps without headshots: 140. Aimbot mccree dps: 280.
Aimbot ana dps before nerf: 80.
Actually Blizzard did kill her because they ignored suggestions and nerfed the her damage instead of the grenade.

Her damage was the one thing that didnt need changing.
10/22/2017 09:42 AMPosted by MercySmurf
10/21/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Lostmaniac9
I don't know about you, but I saw people begging for grenade nerfs, not damage nerfs. Sure, she needed nerfing, that was obvious, but gutting her damage was not the answer, as has been shown to be the case.
The thing is... they nerfed her grenade on PTR. Then the forums exploded begging for a gun nerf instead, so they reverted the greande and put a gun nerf on PTR. Then the forums exploded because blizzard was pandering to slimy ana OP hero mains.

Ana dps before nerf 80
Your math is a bit off. Mccree dps without headshots: 140. Aimbot mccree dps: 280.
Aimbot ana dps before nerf: 80.
they both do 80 dps 80 damage per bullet
I was there when the Ana debate was going on. I was there when the community called for Ana's grenade to be nerfed (NOT her GUN). We didn't gut Ana. Blizzard didn't listen to us. We always wanted her nade nerfed, not her gun.
Ana died to end the tank meta, that's about it really.
fine a simple explanation

Ana dps before nerf 80
Ana had highest hps
Ana has sleep dart
Ana has amp heal and anti heal
Its like if you made mcree dps and have really high hps and amazing utility

No support should infringe on a dps value

If we nees to buff her damage make it like 70 or something

You are incorrect. Ana has the lowest DPS in the game and would remain one of the lowest even at 80 per shot. McCree's DPS is much higher. They're not even remotely proximate to each other. You have confused damage per shot with damage per second, in reality there's so much more you have to consider. Then you're just randomly listing some of Ana's abilities for no real reason other than to make her sound OP. She's not. Every hero has a kit and their own pros and cons. I suggest you do your research better.
We asked Ana to be nerfed, not to be gutted.

After the first grenade nerfs most people toned down the complaining. Yes, there were a few people that still complained she was the most picked hero, but they were a small minority and balancing characters because of their popularity is dumb anyway.

Then Blizzard tried to completely remove any reason to play Ana by putting both more nerfs to the grenade and the rifle nerf on the PTR, which resulted in feedback so explosive they actually listened and didn't go through with the changes, something that wouldn't happen again until Blizzard tried to do the same with Mercy.

It's not our fault that the team is so extreme with their balance decisions.
For those saying we only asked for a Grenade nerf, you are right and wrong. We asked for nerfs to her kit indirectly.

"I hate having an Ana in my game and all she does is dps"
"Ana is a great healer but, Ana spends too much time trying to kill other targets"

Comments like that lead to her nerf in damage. On top the that, EVERYONE was complaining about the Reinhardt Nano Boost. He was the ONLY person getting a Nano from Ana for the longest time. We asked for these nerfs and we got them. Now she's too weak, go figure. :\,For those saying we only asked for a Grenade nerf, you are right and wrong. We asked for nerfs to her kit indirectly.

"I hate having an Ana in my game and all she does is dps"
"Ana is a great healer but, Ana spends too much time trying to kill other targets"

Comments like that lead to her nerf in damage. On top the that, EVERYONE was complaining about the Reinhardt Nano Boost. He was the ONLY person getting a Nano from Ana for the longest time. We asked for these nerfs and we got them. Now she's too weak, go figure. :\

I'm not saying we're the only people in the wrong here. Of course the Devs had some play in this but, trying to push all the blame to the developers to try and avoid any responsibility won't fix any problem. If we all took a bit of responsibility in our words and decisions, maybe we could avoid things like this happening in the future.
10/22/2017 09:45 AMPosted by DrFate
they both do 80 dps 80 damage per bullet
Actually mccree does 70 damage per bullet. And soldier only does 19. Does that mean we need to nerf ana so she does under 19 damage per bullet, so she doesn't overpower soldier?

Damage per bullet doesn't really matter. Both mccree and especially soldier have much higher fire rates than ana.
spend 3000 gold to buy her new skin just to find out she is worst then road hog post nerf....

back to the freezer