I'm feeling very fatigued with the re-works/changes

General Discussion
^title
I get it, they are trying to balance the game, but I still can't help but feel this way. If they do things better the first time, then maybe I wouldn't feel so much this way. I don't know. sorry.
This is Blizzard's first FPS so it's not gonna be perfect. I understand where you are coming from OP.
I agree. All the reworks have failed to address the real issues within the game. Prior to each rework, the community had real, golden feedback on each character, where if they weren't so hesitant to listen to the players that played those characters the changes would not need to be so drastic. Out of DVA/road hog (tho he's ok now) symmetra/reaper/junkrat/mercy the only one who's issues were fixed was reaper (though he might need slight tweaks). Junkrat is in a good spot, also, but not well received. Kind of annoying.

And DVA and mercy were reworked for no other reason than esports. They were actually very balanced previously to the rework. The esport changes are killing the game.
It beats entire seasons of WoW PVP where they just ignore balance issues.
Blizzard does absolutely nothing but make bad decisions and ruin the game. I'm SOOO glad I finished my placements and NEVER have to put this mess of a game in my PS4 again until the next event starts.
Blizzard doesn't make changes. People complain that Blizzard is extremely slow and timid when it comes to balancing.

Blizzard starts doing changes. People complain that Blizzard is exhausting them with constant reworks.

*Confused Nick Young*
11/01/2017 02:15 AMPosted by Rebbz
Blizzard doesn't make changes. People complain that Blizzard is extremely slow and timid when it comes to balancing.

Blizzard starts doing changes. People complain that Blizzard is exhausting them with constant reworks.

*Confused Nick Young*

There is nothing wrong with them making changes, but making consecutive changes over and over again to the same hero, several re-works that potentially change the actual playstyle of said hero... com'on man, there is a difference. Just when you get used to one thing, it's getting changed.

If they got it right the first time, or God forbid, they actually read the massive amounts of feedback from players, then they wouldn't need to rework the same hero.

*Confused Nick Young*

I play Overwatch with dozens of people and none of us could even fathom that they would change Mercy. None of us wanted it. To this day, I have not met a single person who thought that the ult change was a good idea.

I say this because you claim people asked for it. Maybe there were some. But before Blizzard announced it was happening it, was unthinkable to me and everyone I know.

And now, instead of addressing all the other issues with the game that people are constantly asking about, they've spent the last two months or more fiddling with Mercy after making a change to her that literally no one wanted.
I find it concerning that no one is acknowledging Lucio. They kinda succeeded with it, making him no longer a mandatory existing Speed bot and someone with a uniqueness that he can bring.
11/01/2017 02:22 AMPosted by hatewheel

*Confused Nick Young*

I play Overwatch with dozens of people and none of us could even fathom that they would change Mercy. None of us wanted it. To this day, I have not met a single person who thought that the ult change was a good idea.

I say this because you claim people asked for it. Maybe there were some. But before Blizzard announced it was happening it, was unthinkable to me and everyone I know.

And now, instead of addressing all the other issues with the game that people are constantly asking about, they've spent the last two months or more fiddling with Mercy after making a change to her that literally no one wanted.

This is spot on actually. I remember those threads that discussed Mercy specifically. I mean look at me, I have over 9000 forum posts, I'm a forum rat, I remember. And if I recall, most people were simply asking for her to have some sort of E ability that sent her strait up into the air for more mobility to deal with flankers. They didn't ask for a full fledge re-work. They just wanted Mercy to have an E.
Yep, I know exactly the feel. The game doesn't even feel like a full game anymore, it feels almost beta. Characters are totally changed in what feel like a monthly schedule, rendering all the time we invested in them useless, because now we have to learn how to play them again.

Honestly it feels like we should just give up and play DPS, since those usually don't see changes beyond balancing numbers. I've played this for over one year straight and I feel the game is getting worser and worser, every new "rework" the game feels more broken, with animations not working anymore and characters going from useless to must pick in a second. This is not cool.

It's like the rules change all the time, I never saw a sports championship where suddenly the rules are changed in the middle of a season. Anyway, I feel like I'm starting to get my fill of the game, wich is a shame because I really liked Overwatch once, I bought it on PS4, then I bought it three times on PC and got another account from a friend who doesn't play anymore. I bought loot boxes like crazy, like the addictive gambling scheme they're supposed to be, and now I just feel like Blizzard doesn't have a good path set for the game and don't feel like playing it anymore.

If anything, I think they should really reconsider this whole "rework" stuff. They are always talking about things not "feeling good", but nothing feels worse than waking up and finding out the character you invested hours into learning and have a good grasp of how they work is soon to be basically useless or you don't like to play it now because they changed something out of the blue. If not this patch, probably the next, you can never know.

Anyway, just my rant. That's how I feel about Overwatch right now, I play it a lot, lot less than I used to and will probably play even less in the future, until I eventually manage to just stop. It was a good ride, that got mismanaged in the end.
11/01/2017 02:10 AMPosted by Scynt
Blizzard does absolutely nothing but make bad decisions and ruin the game. I'm SOOO glad I finished my placements and NEVER have to put this mess of a game in my PS4 again until the next event starts.

No you are totally right, It's good to give credit where it's due. But there wasn't a massive change to Lucio's Ultimate, the way we have with Mercy.

Perhaps they saw the success with Lucio and thought they could do the same with Mercy... and maybe it's kinda backfiring a bit.
its real frustrating with all these tank and supports "reworks" its ok for dps to press q and wipe a team but not ok for a support to counter that? i wish they wernt focusing on esports so much and work on making the game more fun to play. Its tempting to just go dps now since they get catered to
11/01/2017 04:23 AMPosted by Sozin
its real frustrating with all these tank and supports "reworks" its ok for dps to press q and wipe a team but not ok for a support to counter that?

Yeah, I never understood that logic. So a Reaper ults and kills 4 people and it's fine, but if Mercy resses those same 4 people, it's "OP". All the complaints about ress always felt to me like people not wanting their missplay to get punished. If you throw every single ult in your team into a Graviton without killing the Mercy when you knew she had ress (and you can do that, since she knew you had ults so she backed away), that's 100% on you and your team... The "hide and wait for team to die" playstyle was not viable in high level. You CAN'T change a whole character based on a missplay some low level players did.

A Mercy hidden the whole game would leave her team at a disadvantage and would end up losing the game - that's your punishment for playing badly. You could even get play of the game, but you'd probably lose anyway. We're not giving aimbot to Widowmakers because low level ppl miss over half their shots, why are we taking ress away because some ppl didn't knew how to use it properly?