Nerf Genji

General Discussion
I've seen a lot of posts asking for a nerf to Genji.

Well it's not gonna happen so cry me your salty tears mwoahahahaha.

In all seriousness. Nerf Genjis ability to bring so many haters together in one downvote. It's OP!
Being honest right now, Genji is a really controversial character because only people with certain skillsets can beat him.

His deflect really baits out impatient people, really it's a psychological thing.
His mobility just makes him hard to track.

The only weakness he really has is consistent damage.
His shurikens are incredibly unreliable unless you're point blank, so he needs to use all his utility in his kit to get a kill.
genji is good cop and bad cop.
11/01/2017 02:31 PMPosted by Izanami
genji is good cop and bad cop.

how so?
categorically balanced.
Genji doesn't need a nerf

Deflect Hitbox reduction is not a nerf
11/01/2017 06:54 PMPosted by VapeGod

correct, this is a fix.
It fixes the fact that the animation and area of reflect do not match up.
Had a genji standing behind me while i was on bastion. I started shooting at the sym running straight at me. He used deflect, so because the radius is 20ft in all directions. I killed myself...

Fair and balanced, genji needs a job at fox news.
11/01/2017 06:54 PMPosted by VapeGod

Does reducing deflect hitbox size make it less powerful?
You all know what. Deflect is gonna get "fixed" or changed. Then you're still going to get killed by Genji come back here and cry again. Why? Because no one likes dying and he's an easy scapegoat. No matter the changes you'll still die to him. mwoahahahaha
11/01/2017 07:24 PMPosted by chaos
You all know what. Deflect is gonna get "fixed" or changed. Then you're still going to get killed by Genji come back here and cry again. Why? Because no one likes dying and he's an easy scapegoat. No matter the changes you'll still die to him. mwoahahahaha
say deflect's hitbox is made pixel perfect to its animation tomorrow

those who think genji should have 150 HP, that dash resets should be removed, that double jump should be a CD, will continue on whinging about genji and his "ez faceroll broken overloaded kit" and they will continue to get upvoted for it

if you think this begins and ends with deflect you are delusional, look at what happened to roadhog. people weren't satisfied until he was effectively removed from the game, even after his hook was reduced in size, increased in CD, placed people further away.
If genji couldn't dash whenever he wants during deflect it would be fair. Take that away and make the hitbox even bigger.
Actually, Genji need a buff. How many times you noticed your dragonblade swing delt no damage? How many times did you die to junkrat riptire after your swiftstrike just because of lazy dashcode? (You can literally see how genji is standing still until dash animation is over, then he just teleports to the spot he should be.) And how many times you died because wallclimb for some reason decided not to work at all? Even shurikens sometimes deal no damage while you can see the animation of connected shot. Just unfair.
11/01/2017 06:58 PMPosted by Haterade
Had a genji standing behind me while i was on bastion. I started shooting at the sym running straight at me. He used deflect, so because the radius is 20ft in all directions. I killed myself...

Fair and balanced, genji needs a job at fox news.
This is impossible unless your facing exactly 180 degrees away from him. No more, no less. The 180 degree part needs to be fixed BUT believe it or not hyperbole is not the way to prove a point with facts. Also, you act like this happens Commonly. If you could compile a video IN GAME, not in custom game, of more than 1 clip, I’ll retract this statement and go full Genji hate.