whole hog doesnt feel like an ult

General Discussion
10/23/2017 03:02 AMPosted by Nharzhool
Umm...y'all might be Whole Hoggin' wrong then?

Step 1. Call healer
Step 2. Get to point
Step 3. Press Q
Step 4. laugh along for that delicious PotG

Admittedly I'm usually the healer in this case, but Hog's Ulti in close quarters is absolutely devastating. 5000 damage over 6 seconds?! It's stupid...

Edit: That being said, I'd be okay with him getting a 50% damage reduction during it, like make it a transformation ult where he straps the breather to his face, and then Ults.

I think the 50% damage reduction is a good idea actually - as more of a point staller than a damage ult but without the mobility winston has, this would give me more sustain during the ultimate, in line with his recent direction.
His ult isn't that bad, but you can't pop it like a deathblossom and think everything will be alright
what does it feel like? a chicken wing? a steering wheel?
10/23/2017 02:21 AMPosted by Ashram
Why not giving him whole hog as an « e » ability ?
Yet he could use a new ult where he is flying and can use take a breather twice! For instance, it could also reduce his hook cooldown by 3?

Would it be OP ? Just a thought

(For those lacking sens of humour, it is a joke)

Flying Hog would be awesome. Fly up near the enemy Pharah and spam "Hey!".
His ults fine, yall just need a healer in your lives
I think 50% damage reduction during whole hog wouldn't be game breaking. Maybe with some testing or just make it so that damage coming from behind is normal, but damage hog takes from the front is halved because its getting pelted with shrapnel or something. I dunno just trying to make the ideal have a little plausibility lol.
Whole hog is one of the best shield crackers in the game, and possibly the best because hog himself is a whole lot of meat to get through before he breaks the shield.

He's also a lowkey counter to Fortified Orisa, because she may take half damage during Fortify, but she can't get blown away by whole hog, either....

Also, anecdote time, I counterulted a Rein with whole hog and guided him all the way around a corner for him to safely place his hammer on the ground nowhere near my team. Play of the game, even if it didn't get a video capture.
I agree with you. Roadhog over all isent fun to play anymore his ult is not a good ult and his damge is a joke hi is not a tank anymore
10/23/2017 05:11 AMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
10/23/2017 05:07 AMPosted by TomTucker
Sht does 5000 damage wtf

congratulations on missing the point and taking the context out of everything, let me do that

Bastion does the most dps in the entire game

no other context needed he is clearly OP
His ult is fine u just suck
In other news, I really love farming ult on defenseless D.Vas.
Hogs ult is great. As is widows I might add.
10/23/2017 05:18 AMPosted by hdurao
His ult isn't that bad, but you can't pop it like a deathblossom and think everything will be alright

Can't do that with blossom either. Not in this Overwatch.
Whole hog isn't a team wiping ult, it never was. He is the same case as junkrat. Use it every fight at the right moment.

It's never an opening ult. It's ether !@#$yeaah 2 free kills ult, or for ruining the other team's positioning during a team fight.
I used to say this a lot, but eventually I jinxed myself and got a quadruple. What you should do is focus squishes like zen or mercy, and disable there heals. With that, you should have 2-3 seconds left. So just deal as much damage as possible. This ultimate is a team strat ult. Your team must follow up on what you hit. Let's say you did 150 Dmg do a Reaper, have your team focus him.
His ulti is probably the most situational ulti in the game. There literally isn't another ulti that's downright detrimental to use most of the time. That being said it's rather useful if used correctly.
10/23/2017 02:17 AMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
i know there are a lot worse ults like widows but roadhog's ult is about creating space, pushing people of the point ect but so many other ults do that better

I'm not sure if I agree with this idea that there are other better space creating ults or that it's specifically a problem for roadhog. But then again i'm a Winston player and whole hog is way better than Winstons ult at creating space even though it's the entire purpose of both of them.
Whole hogging through a shield and sending everyone flying off the point in OT for the clutch win is super satisfying. I like his ult myself.
10/23/2017 08:38 AMPosted by omnic
whole hog is way better than Winstons ult at creating space even though it's the entire purpose of both of them.

Winston's ult also doubles and refills his health, and resets(?) and reduces the cooldown of leap.
It's main purpose may be creating space, but it's only reducing his survivability by blocking his barrier ability
If you're pushing enemies away, unless you're denying them objective, you're doing it wrong.
10/23/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Quest
Whole hogging through a shield and sending everyone flying off the point in OT for the clutch win is super satisfying. I like his ult myself.

i agree it is super satisfying and i have used it to win matches however i have used D.va less than i have used hog but used her ult to win matches in last gasp moments much much more, it simply creates space much much better than whole hog and is safer, the only disadvantage is it takes longer to get than whole hog
Anyone think that his ult would be more useful in more situations if it didn't have knockback? It feels like i almost kill a lot of people but i just knock them back too far to finish.

Just a thought.