Yelled at for playing healer

Competitive Discussion
I played ana and got blocked and reported and blizzard thinks this is fair?
Were you actually banned? If yes, it was likely for something other than playing Ana.

11/11/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Josh Engen
After investigating a number of the cases that have been surfaced over the past 24 hours, we can confirm that the system is working as intended.

None of these were simple cases of “one tricking” or off-meta hero selection. These were examples of behavior intended to disrupt Competitive Play. As such, the punishments will stand.

To be clear, specializing in certain heroes or playing off-meta heroes is not bad behavior on its own. In fact, we actively encourage people to be clever with their team comps and work with their teammates to counter the enemy comp. Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections, especially in Competitive Play.

We take these kinds of reports very seriously, along with your feedback. We’ll continue to fine-tune our systems, and we apologize for any confusion about the way that these policies have been communicated
They shouldn't have reported or blocked you if you did well. If they did it just because they wanted a Mercy instead of an Ana, than that's messed up.
11/13/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Kaawumba
Were you actually banned? If yes, it was likely for something other than playing Ana.

Yes. For "Disruptive play" which is code-words for refusing to swap your hero.
So you're not getting banned for playing Ana, you're getting banned for not playing Mercy.

Makes PERFECT sense.

https://i.imgur.com/R3vLIOR.png

https://imgur.com/a/Cox96
11/13/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Valkyria

So you're not getting banned for playing Ana, you're getting banned for not playing Mercy.<strong/>

Makes PERFECT sense.

Actually, usually people are getting banned for throwing a hissy fit when they can't play their favorite character. That was the case of the first person - he ended up afking (look up the full story behind it).
11/13/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Hornwood
Actually, usually people are getting banned for throwing a hissy fit when they can't play their favorite character. That was the case of the first person - he ended up afking (look up the full story behind it).

Xul, yes.
What's Fuey's story?
Why was he banned?
(Look up the full story behind it)
There was TWO, count it, TWO Torb's who got banned, one was being toxic when a teammate took his Torb in round 2. One plays Rein when someone takes his Torb.

Do you see a minor difference? I do.
11/13/2017 05:11 PMPosted by Valkyria

So you're not getting banned for playing Ana, you're getting banned for not playing Mercy.<strong/>

Makes PERFECT sense.

www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/08/25/virtue
Really not that black and white.
Playing Ana instead of Mercy is being a burden to your team, that's simply a fact.
Mercy is broken right now.
Is that fair? Of course not.
Do I think that people queuing for ranked should be willing to play Mercy instead of Ana. Yes - I do.
So what to do about it? Nerf Mercy already and either take a break for a time and wait for Ana to be an option again or play Ana and deal with anger from your teammates. Your choice really.
I can't believe Blizz is taking this long to fix a hero that is broken. Her pickrate is insane across all tiers.

Automatic lost if you do not have a mercy on your team.
Playing Ana instead of Mercy is being a burden to your team, that's simply a fact.
Do I think that people queuing for ranked should be willing to play Mercy instead of Ana. Yes - I do.
So what to do about it? Nerf Mercy already and either take a break for a time and wait for Ana to be an option again or play Ana and deal with justified anger from your teammates. Your choice really.

Why don't you play Mercy then. Why lump it on your Ana if no one wants to take Mercy?

She is not at any more blame then anyone else on your team.

"Do I think that people queuing for ranked should be willing to play Mercy instead of Ana."

I think people queuing for ranked should be willing to play Mercy instead of Hanzo as well, Or S76 or Hog or any other person in your team.

Where they hell do you get off blaming it on the one person willing to take a support?

Seriously. She was likely the only person who wasn't trying to force someone else to play a character.

It is that black and white, you are an !@#$%^-* who doesn't think things through. "justified Anger" - what a joke.
Welcome to Hanzo world
11/13/2017 04:19 PMPosted by ŜtygianŁux

If there wasn't already a Mercy, you should be suspended. If there was no other healer, you should be banned.

No, not serious. But if you're gonna suspend OTPs, you might as well suspend everyone who doesn't pick Mercy. That's who required she is in comp if the other team has one.
11/13/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Bridge4
11/13/2017 04:19 PMPosted by ŜtygianŁux

If there wasn't already a Mercy, you should be suspended. If there was no other healer, you should be banned.

No, not serious. But if you're gonna suspend OTPs, you might as well suspend everyone who doesn't pick Mercy. That's who required she is in comp if the other team has one.

As in ban the entire team? Not one of you picked mercy, all of you... gone! That would be funny as all hell :)

Honestly, the Ana is the one person who doesn't deserve a ban in all of this. At least they were willing to take a support.
11/13/2017 05:40 PMPosted by VenteNegra
So what to do about it? Nerf Mercy already and either take a break for a time and wait for Ana to be an option again or play Ana and deal with anger from your teammates. Your choice really.
This is the kind of toxicity we need to get rid of.
i dont have a problem with someone not picking mercy.. i just play a hero that can self heal.. i used to never play hog.. now im playing him every other game.. self heal ftw
let me clarify i did not get banned from overwatch but i got yelled at in chat. we already had a mercy. they insta locked 4 dps so i though ana with her nano would be optimal and my genji, who i was babysitting the whole time, decided to go off on me and tried to turn the entire team on me. look im in low sliver and i play healers and most of the time i forced into mercy who i consider to be very boring. is it so wrong that for once i want to play ana or zen or even not a healer? is it right for someone to see the 3 hours of forced mercy time to tell me to pick mercy instead of symmetra or reaper or sombra? I flex and i love to do it. i love to be the best team player. is it so wrong for me to atleast once just once to play something i want to play. even then i still flex. we have two dps i flex to tank but noooo you have to play this meta tank or you are thowing. get off orisa i hear get off ana get of sombra? why? that all i ask. even when i flex into the team.
11/13/2017 06:32 PMPosted by RobotWizard
11/13/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Bridge4

As in ban the entire team? Not one of you picked mercy, all of you... gone! That would be funny as all hell :)

Honestly, the Ana is the one person who doesn't deserve a ban in all of this. At least they were willing to take a support.

Ana+Mercy is suboptimal, ideally you'd want Mercy+Zen or Lucio. There's a reason why Ana has 40% winrate across all tiers.
tbh... I don't see why everyone thinks ana is such a burden. YES mercy is broken, but 9 times out of 10 I will be out healing our mercy as ana. I have solo healed as ana THIS SEASON and we won. I have won many games where we were running ana/lucio or ana/zen. Yes, there is the occasional game where I'm like ok let's just run the mercy... But honestly.... As far as this season goes... and last season... and the season before that. I am SOOOO ready for mercy to be nerfed to the ground. Tired of being forced to play her. It isn't fun anymore blizz.

You have 16min on Ana and litterally 0 seconds on Mercy.
According to your own logic you should be banned from Competitive for refusing to play Mercy.

Do you see how flawed that logic is now or not?
11/13/2017 11:20 PMPosted by Valkyria

You have 16min on Ana and litterally 0 seconds on Mercy.
According to your own logic you should be banned from Competitive for refusing to play Mercy.

Do you see how flawed that logic is now or not?

When the hell did I say that he should be banned?
And I probably have more time on either heroes than 90% of people here, just because I don't play support on this account, doesn't change my at least 125 ranked hours of support on other accounts.
If you are a support main, I expect you to be able to play all supports. Same for off tanks, main tanks, projectile dps and hitscan dps.
As someone who has playtime on almost all heroes in masters over 3 accounts, this really isn't that difficult. Being able to play 4-5 heroes is average.
Go play quick play if you don't play to win.