12 VS 12 - Guide how to create this game

General Discussion
Quick one minute guide how to create 12v12 in Overwatch!

https://youtu.be/W7_e1eTZ43k

Enjoy:)!
Keep in mind, that there will be 12 bots included, but still you will know how is it to play 12v12:).
1st off the maps don't support it, you would have indefinite overtime where defenders have an unbelievable advantage. Maps down support it.
09/20/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Ares
Keep in mind, that there will be 12 bots included, but still you will know how is it to play 12v12:).

Great video Ares! Do you mind if I share the link and credit you in my thread?

Thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759346294?page=3
09/20/2017 12:03 PMPosted by ElonMusk
09/20/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Ares

That would be cool, thank you;)!
09/20/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Ares
09/20/2017 12:03 PMPosted by ElonMusk

That would be cool, thank you;)!

Thanks!
Ok blizzard now it's time to implement this.
09/20/2017 12:13 PMPosted by SpaceJester
Ok blizzard now it's time to implement this.

Even in the screen all 24 players fits perfectly, so it may be hint for future plans.
09/20/2017 12:16 PMPosted by Ares

Even in the screen all 24 players fits perfectly, so it may be hint for future plans.

Yes, it looks like Blizzard's UI team did a good job in making the screen responsive and able to adjust dynamically, rather than forcing 6 top spots and 6 bottom spots.

In Enterprise software...we would go to the business and tell them how we built scalability into the system so they would tell us how awesome we are!
09/20/2017 01:04 PMPosted by cthulla
09/20/2017 12:16 PMPosted by Ares

Yes, it looks like Blizzard's UI team did a good job in making the screen responsive and able to adjust dynamically, rather than forcing 6 top spots and 6 bottom spots.

In Enterprise software...we would go to the business and tell them how we built scalability into the system so they would tell us how awesome we are!

Yeah maybe it doesnt mean anything.
12v12 + Total Mayhem Rules (expanded to also affect Resource Meters and reduced Rez's cooldown to 15 seconds instead of 7) + KOTH = Maximum Overtime and Infinite fun.

Also, the server broke. No big deal.

What surprises me is that the small counter that indicates how many people are contesting the point isn't hardcapped at 6, and is allowed to go as high as 9.
Isn't this an exploit? Using exploits can get you banned... I would rather not join these games in case Blizzard will ban people doing this just like the people got banned for exploiting 1st Lucioball / Mei's Snowball fight and so on.
09/20/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Force
Isn't this an exploit? Using exploits can get you banned... I would rather not join these games in case Blizzard will ban people doing this just like the people got banned for exploiting 1st Lucioball / Mei's Snowball fight and so on.
an exploit means theres something to gain from here that others have to work hard for
09/20/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Force
it may be an exploit but it isnt harming anybody in any way, where as the year 1 lucioball glitch was a bad exploit, so no, those arent allowed, but something like this isnt harming anybody, so therefore, its fine
this is so much fun!
Keep in mind, this is causing the servers to disconnect people during Competitive.

If Blizzard decides to take action against everyone (They've been known to do this) who is participating in this, then that's on you.
The UI is coded to fit up to 12 on each team. I hope they keep this!
09/20/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Neospartan
12v12 + Total Mayhem Rules (expanded to also affect Resource Meters and reduced Rez's cooldown to 15 seconds instead of 7) + KOTH = Maximum Overtime and Infinite fun.

Also, the server broke. No big deal.

What surprises me is that the small counter that indicates how many people are contesting the point isn't hardcapped at 6, and is allowed to go as high as 9.

The UI also shows up to 9 team members on the win screen and fits 12 perfectly when you hit tab. This is game code that was left in (possibly for testing purposes).
12v12 is another reason to play quick play or custom games. More crazy ways to play and just mess around.

In comp, it should remain the same 6v6.
tbf 12v12 should be a mode by default.