Vote this thread Up/Down if you like Junkertown, and why

General Discussion
I like it. It is relatively balanced around both attack and defense. First two points are a little attacker friendly if defense cannot get a good hold at the first choke, and then the last point is harder for the attackers due to the huge curve and long sight lines afforded to the defenders.
I love it, it's beautiful! And terrifying (the places with dead omnics - some of the arms are still moving!)
Sheerly from a fun stand point, I adore the map but it may need a bit of tweaking. I kinda of enjoy the choke points on the attackers side, granted, I usually play Sombra on Junkertown, defending seems pretty tough though.

As a whole, I don't think it's in a bad spot though, it has lots of varying routes and potential strategies and the community is still learning it.

Now Hanamura on the other hand . . . Hanamura can burn to the ground for all I care.
I like the music and the queen
10/06/2017 04:35 AMPosted by superiuxn0va
For the attacking spawn, the entrance is so small, allowing enemy to just focus fire.

It requires so much of team *just* to get out of spawn.
Go the other way. The rightmost spawn exit is completely covered from enemy fire, and leads to a couple nice flanks as well.
I think Junkertown is easily one of the better maps in the game. It’s got something for all styles.
10/06/2017 08:27 AMPosted by CatRonyalty
I love JunkerTown! I agree it can be difficult to "get out" of spawn from the Atk side *depending how cheese the Def side went* but for me it's fun to play Zenyatta, Dva, Rein, & 76. All the areas seem fit for them.

Idk if it's just me, but I have a hard time playing Ana on Junkertown Atk or Def . Not a pro sniper but doesn't seem to be a sniper map past the first point imo.

Widows (and Hanzos) can get into spots that Ana can't as easily, but I'm def not a sniper player either, so it's mostly assumption... I just seem to have huge issues with Widows on the map moreso than others. Mostly first point and last corner of last point.

But maybe I'm just running into a lot of pro widows coincidentally o_x
10/06/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Pantyshot
I like the music and the queen

I really hope the Queen becomes more than just a voice!
Thoguh, I guess it would be awkward if you have a Queen on your team while in Junkertown and you start hearing her voice over the loud speaker ..... while on your team. I guess they'd have to remove it for continuity's sake.

But who knows... maybe the fact that she's constantly making responses and callouts is a prelude.

Or.... she's just going to be another Omnic director in a limo that we all know and love so dearly.
I like it because it's unique in it's own way. Plus, I like seeing triggered TF2 players.
10/06/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Ares
Its not bad map.

Literally shockingly suprising was when i read that first point is favored to defenders.

In my 30+ games i have never seen 1st point defended so far. Never.
I have, and have been embarrassed for the team that couldn't push.

I love Junkertown. Its three phases are varied (open, closed alleys, U shape), it's flank routes extensive, the atmosphere solid.
I love Junkertown! I think it's so cool how it goes from wide open, to tight, and maze like, to inside with that revolving platform, all while having some really cool highground options and flanking routes. I've never felt like it was imbalanced towards one side or the other. I know the attacker's first spawn can be a pain, but they have spawn advantage and that always seems to even out as like other people have said it almost never gets successfully defended on the first point.

It's just a lot of fun IMO
I enjoy Junkertown not only as it provides a view into the Australian Junkertowns we've heard of, but adds to a lore we've wanted to know more about (Compared to say Oasis where the lore additions was minimal).

Beyond that, on Defense I love playing Symmetra since I get to experiment with new placements for turrets at choke points and also on the rotating platforms.
I like it. I'm a bit biased perhaps :) ,but the stats have it at almost 50 / 50 attacker defender win rates. Can be a bit tough out of the initial spawn and I thought about adding a bit of cover, but as some have pointed out and what I typically do is just run at least one out the right side door. Some good flanks that are hard to see and you can quickly get the defense to pull back a bit.
The spawn point camping makes it feel even more like a TF2 map, so mission accomplished I guess
I love that's the last two portions of the map are completely 360 with little door ways, elevations, rooms to hide in and go around the enemy through, moreso than other maps.

The design is just brilliant.

Now if only we can get "The Queen" as a playable character. Prefer as a tank or support.
I like it, but I'm also biased to the point that I'd probably like anything related to the Junkers. That said, I feel like the level offers a lot of variety, and is interesting from start to finish.
The map is awesome, didn't really face any issues getting out of spawn.
10/06/2017 01:28 PMPosted by Dave Adams
I like it. I'm a bit biased perhaps :) ,but the stats have it at almost 50 / 50 attacker defender win rates. Can be a bit tough out of the initial spawn and I thought about adding a bit of cover, but as some have pointed out and what I typically do is just run at least one out the right side door. Some good flanks that are hard to see and you can quickly get the defense to pull back a bit.

make an icelandic map please.. iceland is so beautiful <3

The only suggestion I have would be to add bigger/lower windows so you can actually see outside with more than just the tall heroes. Then you can decide which door you want to use.

I absolutely love the map, but attacker spawn could use a third door on the far left.

While I'm at it, horizon 2nd point defense could use stairs to the platform in the back corner on the right side.