Junkrat's LMB grenades hitboxes

General Discussion
10/21/2017 02:12 AMPosted by CQKumber
10/21/2017 02:09 AMPosted by MemeLord420
You have nearly 2x the time played as I and cant even hit mid gold. I'm sure you know how to git gud

There it is, where they bring up SR as if it means anything because they don't have anything of real substance to contribute. I don't play competitive much at all for a lot of reasons, one of the foremost being that it's filled with judgmental people like you so I don't enjoy it in the slightest. I do my placements, maybe a few matches here or there when a friend invites me, and that's it. So find another irrelevant comeback, the one you used seems to be broken

If you don't play competitive then why are you discussing hero balance? That's like bible scholars telling me the earth is 5,000 years old and accepting that instead of asking a scientist
10/21/2017 02:33 AMPosted by MemeLord420
If you don't play competitive then why are you discussing hero balance? That's like bible scholars telling me the earth is 5,000 years old and accepting that instead of asking a scientist

Because despite what the MLG types might want to believe, the game is more than just competitive play, as if it's really even all that different from quickplay. I've even met people with more hours than me who play almost exclusively vs AI, so balance affects- and can be discussed by- all manner of players, even those who haven't touched competitive.

Now shush, you're derailing the thread
10/21/2017 02:38 AMPosted by CQKumber
10/21/2017 02:33 AMPosted by MemeLord420

Because despite what the MLG types might want to believe, the game is more than just competitive play, as if it's really even all that different from quickplay. I've even met people with more hours than me who play almost exclusively vs AI, so balance affects- and can be discussed by- all manner of players, even those who haven't touched competitive.

Now shush, you're derailing the thread

I've seen it all. Guys we need to balance around play vs. Ai

You are unintentionally hilarious
10/21/2017 02:44 AMPosted by MemeLord420

Misrepresentation and irrelevant. He said there are players who exclusively play AI. He didn't say we need to balance around AI

And no, until the devs have made such a claim, you should not be balancing a hero solely around competitive play either. Quickplay is (surprise surprise) a huge part of the game. If all the heroes were buffed according to competitive play, Reaper would get more than a passive change, and McCree would never need that high noon buff.

Back on track, I think his mine and his ult are two things that pose a problem. I'm fine with him having more utility, but his concussion mine right now lets him do things that should never be allowed, such as bursting out almost 360 damage within a second. He would be fine if he took self damage, but currently he can brawl on the frontlines because his own explosives don't affect him.

In short:
No self-damage
Instantly armed mine
2 mines ready

All these three lets Junkrat flourish in places he was never intended to. Personally, let him take minor self damage (20 or so), or give the mine a small prime time like the stickies in TF2. Then we're good
10/21/2017 08:42 PMPosted by LockerNo2
10/21/2017 02:44 AMPosted by MemeLord420

Misrepresentation and irrelevant. He said there are players who exclusively play AI. He didn't say we need to balance around AI

And no, until the devs have made such a claim, you should not be balancing a hero solely around competitive play either. Quickplay is (surprise surprise) a huge part of the game. If all the heroes were buffed according to competitive play, Reaper would get more than a passive change, and McCree would never need that high noon buff.

Back on track, I think his mine and his ult are two things that pose a problem. I'm fine with him having more utility, but his concussion mine right now lets him do things that should never be allowed, such as bursting out almost 360 damage within a second. He would be fine if he took self damage, but currently he can brawl on the frontlines because his own explosives don't affect him.

In short:
No self-damage
Instantly armed mine
2 mines ready

All these three lets Junkrat flourish in places he was never intended to. Personally, let him take minor self damage (20 or so), or give the mine a small prime time like the stickies in TF2. Then we're good[/quote]

If you balance to the top of the player base, casuals ALWAYS adjust and stay in similar skill ranks because people their rank can't take advantage of the hero potential.

Balance to casuals and the game will die just like:
Star wars battlefront EA
Battlefield 1
World of warcraft
Call of Duty
10/20/2017 10:22 PMPosted by Buzzintate
10/20/2017 10:19 PMPosted by ScrapDraft
The hitbox hasn't changed since launch and up until this point I have NEVER seen a complaint about them.

well I have, didn't they increase his firing rate?

??????

It’s honestly so insane how people complain about things they are totally ignorant about. Just because a character received a buff doesn’t mean they buffed literally every aspect of the character

If you balance to the top of the player base, casuals ALWAYS adjust and stay in similar skill ranks because people their rank can't take advantage of the hero potential.

Star wars battlefront EA
Battlefield 1
World of Warcraft
Call of Duty

You haven't pointed out a single game where the game actually died because of balancing issues. For instance, Call of Duty died because it was way to similar to the next 13 copies of the same game with different names. Pretty sure World of Warcraft lost a bunch of players simply because of the paying method, and the fact that you compare WoW to a shooter is worrying.

Funnily enough, games like TF2, which are far more similar to Overwatch, have and are thriving from balancing around casuals. In fact, before removing pubs, nearly the entirety of TF2 gameplay and its balance revolved around pubs. Yes, high-level competitive play had its consistent meta of [scout scout demo soldier soldier medic], but did that matter when 98% of players are pubbers? Not to mention, even if a particular set of team is extremely strong, it's worth noting that the opposite team are well aware of the rules of the game as well. Competitive play still works in that aspect, albeit having more constricted team comps.

And what did we get from balancing around normies?? One of the best shooter, hands down, in the last decade until Overwatch came along and the TF2 devs got lazy.
10/20/2017 10:19 PMPosted by ScrapDraft
The hitbox hasn't changed since launch and up until this point I have NEVER seen a complaint about them.
This. They’re incredibly accurate. I’ve seen enemies just jump over one’s rolling along the ground
10/22/2017 06:46 AMPosted by LockerNo2

Star wars battlefront EA
Battlefield 1
World of Warcraft
Call of Duty

You haven't pointed out a single game where the game actually died because of balancing issues. For instance, Call of Duty died because it was way to similar to the next 13 copies of the same game with different names. Pretty sure World of Warcraft lost a bunch of players simply because of the paying method, and the fact that you compare WoW to a shooter is worrying.

Funnily enough, games like TF2, which are far more similar to Overwatch, have and are thriving from balancing around casuals. In fact, before removing pubs, nearly the entirety of TF2 gameplay and its balance revolved around pubs. Yes, high-level competitive play had its consistent meta of [scout scout demo soldier soldier medic], but did that matter when 98% of players are pubbers? Not to mention, even if a particular set of team is extremely strong, it's worth noting that the opposite team are well aware of the rules of the game as well. Competitive play still works in that aspect, albeit having more constricted team comps.

And what did we get from balancing around normies?? One of the best shooter, hands down, in the last decade until Overwatch came along and the TF2 devs got lazy.

Ah yes the thriving community and esports ladder of... TF2. Jk it's non existant.

However notice CSGO is old as !@#$ and has %^-* graphics yet is still played by tons of people? Because people who are !@#$ at the game can play in silver and have fun, yet people in global elite can show off their true mastery of strafing, crosshair placement, game sense etc.

Balance to casuals and the game will die because people at the top will get bored