Ban

General Discussion
Hello i was wondering about the bans and since i never got banned i have some questions. What happens when you got reported and banned in arcade? Also how does the moderators know if you are a aimbot or not?
Mod's can probably check your hero accuracy and file it with claims you're aimboting to judge if you're aimboting or not.

Aimbots never miss shots, if you're missing some shots and don't have %100 you should be fine.
10/31/2017 08:04 AMPosted by MamoMia
Hello i was wondering about the bans and since i never got banned i have some questions. What happens when you got reported and banned in arcade? Also how does the moderators know if you are a aimbot or not?

Getting reported in the Arcade is no different than getting reported in any other part of Overwatch. Reports of hacking (like the aimbot you mention) are handled by a different group than reports of bad behavior (griefing, throwing, harassment, abusive chat, bad battletag).

We don't provide details about what we look for or what we're doing to detect hacking and cheating as it provides the people who are trying to create those hacks and cheats information that can be used against fair players.

The penalties for using hacks and cheats is extremely severe and usually results in a lifetime ban.
10/31/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Getting reported in the Arcade is no different than getting reported in any other part of Overwatch. Reports of hacking (like the aimbot you mention) are handled by a different group than reports of bad behavior (griefing, throwing, harassment, abusive chat, bad battletag).

We don't provide details about what we look for or what we're doing to detect hacking and cheating as it provides the people who are trying to create those hacks and cheats information that can be used against fair players.

The penalties for using hacks and cheats is extremely severe and usually results in a lifetime ban.

Thanks Jeff!
well glad hackers are getting life time bans

It's Captain Kaplan!
What kind of ban? Hardware ID ban or an IP ban?

Yeah it's working very well. I receive an email saying that xy person who is using an obvious triggerbot got banned. And that one time with an obvious aimbot.

Oh wait

I never received anything and they are probably still playing.
Jeff’s online! Everyone make good suggestion threads!
10/31/2017 08:55 AMPosted by TwixSnickers

Yeah it's working very well. I receive an email saying that xy person who is using an obvious triggerbot got banned. And that one time with an obvious aimbot.

Oh wait

I never received anything and they are probably still playing.
Maybe that's because it takes time to investigate, they do bans in waves, or that player isn't using an aimbot? Is it so hard to understand?
Maybe that's because it takes time to investigate, they do bans in waves, or that player isn't using an aimbot? Is it so hard to understand?

Maybe. I dont know. But I am fairly sure both people were hacking. When you see a Tracer who starts shooting at your head as soon as crosshair moves over it and stops shooting the moment it leaves your head. And then again. Felt extremely nonorganic. Stuff like that should be automatically detectable.
10/31/2017 09:01 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
Maybe. I dont know. But I am fairly sure both people were hacking. When you see a Tracer who starts shooting at your head as soon as crosshair moves over it and stops shooting the moment it leaves your head. And then again. Felt extremely nonorganic. Stuff like that should be automatically detectable.
You say it should be automatically detected, but you don't know that. You don't know how to program a system that can do that, nor can you do it in a way that it would not falsely detect a skilled player doing it.

It's not as clear-cut as you assume it is
You say it should be automatically detected, but you don't know that. You don't know how to program a system that can do that, nor can you do it in a way that it would not falsely detect a skilled player doing it.

It's not as clear-cut as you assume it is

Flagging activity as suspicious and marking it for review hurts no one. And aimbots all have one thing in common. Drastically increased weapon accuracy for a short moment of time. Overall accuracy can easily be fooled by just shooting into air. But burst accuracy, not really.
10/31/2017 08:53 AMPosted by Kyaw
What kind of ban? Hardware ID ban or an IP ban?

He literally says and explains in his post reasons as to why they're not gonna be answering these questions... and you still ask...