Overwatch Players Guide to BlizzCon -- GET HYPE!!!!

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
11/02/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Megatron
I was really excited and getting into the world cup as someone that is completely new to e sports in general. I'm just disappointed that I heard you have to pay to watch the matches. I get it, but my interest just drop to basically zero personally.

The World Cup will be free to watch on twitch (and blizzard website?)
11/02/2017 08:03 AMPosted by MHz
I am glad to see Jeff that you are in the good spirits, you are good man and I pray for you to not be overtaken by all this antagonizers. Have fun at the festival

Jeff why you give me thumb down,
The "Overwatch - What's next" event is available only for the virtual ticket? Or can we watch it for free?
11/02/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Megatron
I was really excited and getting into the world cup as someone that is completely new to e sports in general. I'm just disappointed that I heard you have to pay to watch the matches. I get it, but my interest just drop to basically zero personally.

No idea where you heard this but you can watch all matches for free on twitch, youtube and the blizzcon page.
yeet
11/02/2017 10:53 AMPosted by GoldenEye89
The "Overwatch - What's next" event is available only for the virtual ticket? Or can we watch it for free?

Only for virtual ticket. Any info said will be on reddit within a day, if not an hour though.
I think he meant Overwatch whats next is going to be at 2:45 PM like the website says
I hope a new character gets released and it's a support character. The Overwatch world could always use more healers.
11/01/2017 06:40 PMPosted by Bastion
Dwooo!

Confirmed: Metzen is returning
Absolutely cannot wait - this an E3 are my favourite conventions.
Unfortunately I live in France so I cannot attend, but I'll still be watching :) I am extremely hyped.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. Opening Ceremony, UK vs Sweeden (btw go team UK), then the Hearthstones Inn-vitional, and Overwatch - What's Next. Unfortunately, not much Diablo this year...

Otherwise, absolutely cannot wait to see what the guys iver at blizzard are brewing.
So when will the news (if there is any) that is announced at the other events besides for the opening ceremony be announced to the general public?

I don't wait to have to wait for a extra long time (2 weeks or more) or not get the news at all, especially if its something super good.
11/01/2017 07:58 PMPosted by BREMiJASSEY
...why should we care?

Many of us just want the issues with the current version of the game fixed before anything new is added.

Fix Genji's Deflect hitbox, revert Mercy, and stop focusing all the balance changes around making the game more fun to WATCH than it is to PLAY just for your oh-so-precious-Esports, then maybe more of us might be interested.

As the game currently is, many of us feel no reason to "GET HYPE!!!"...

There is nothing wrong with genji's deflect hitbox, Mercy is getting nerfed and doesnt need to be reverted, and they quite obviously listen to community feedback on balance changes.

I think millions of people would disagree with the last sentence.
Dear Mr. Kaplan,

I am a Quality Control Assurance Officer for Blizzcon. It has come to my attention that there are some rather terrible allegations against the content of the Overwatch portion of the show. Following up on this concern, I sent numerous emails to your offices in Irvine, CA hoping to dispel these rumours. Instead, I was met with silence.

As such, I request that you, as the head of the Overwatch team and Vice-President of Blizzard entertainment inform me of, on this thread for everybody to see:

- The events to occur in your portion of the show
- What new heroes are being released
- What your wrestling record is (and how many subsequent fatalities you have caused)
- If you are going to dance on stage like your favourite character

Please respond ASAP.

P.S. Please do your favourite characters dance on stage.
11/01/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

>> OVERWATCH - WHAT'S NEXT <<

Mythic Stage
Friday 2:45 AM PDT

2am local time? That's some dedication!
If anyone is actually attending and wants someone to chill with in line hit me up on discord Gunther#7079
Well. Hype is real now. A couple of hours left.
Where are Numos & Taalhakia?
Papa Jeff!

Serious Question!

Why can't we all get allies healthbars on a corner would be really helpful especially for healers!