Mercy is going to hide again

General Discussion
except rez is no longer as powerful as it used to be, so risking team survivalbility by hiding is hardly worth the reward.
11/04/2017 06:48 AMPosted by rosalina
11/04/2017 06:44 AMPosted by Juanitoo
A lot of people that say this haven't tried the new mercy yet on the PTR
making a hero more vulnerable than before will only encourage cautious play. it doesn't take ptr experience to know this lol.

the fact people liked this post just goes to show how useless this place is lol
Agree with the essence of the change, disagree with the numbers.

I've been advocating for 0.5-1.0s channel time for rez. 1.75s is way too high.
11/04/2017 06:31 AMPosted by Kryptsm
I do find the irony funny. From "hiding is bad" to "Rez is too powerful" now we're back to hiding. (not as bad as before but still)

Same thing happened with D. Va. "She's too much of a bruiser DPS, not enough tank" so they buffed her DM, now they gave her a ton more damage and got rid of her DM's strength. Now she's back to the Bruiser DPS/Tank she was before.

Really? It went more like this:

Dva players complained about DM bot and her contradicting playstyle. Devs didnt listen and other players mocked them for being a DM bot and such that her bully playstyle, mind you her intended role, was 'too good' at it, was changed. Despite months of protest, it still went on deaf ears.

Fast forward until about a few months ago, same people who mocked Dva players started complaining about DM eating their ults and such and it was unfun to play against. Something D.va players said in the first place. Then the devs gave in. And now we are back to a tank who cant tank because both her tanking aspects have been nerfed (armor & DM)

At least D.va before the nerf in change could still tank without being DM reliant , because she had another way to tank and had damage without the missiles.
Playing defensively and hiding aren't the same thing, albeit the line between the two can be hard to draw.

The new iteration just means less dumb and foolish rezzes that should otherwise be punished. And less endless feeling team fights because of how Mercy's rez cooldown drags out fights.

Rez is the most powerful ability in the game, and it should have risk to it. It also adds more skill and positioning to Mercy's immensely powerful ability that should attempt to rival the power of rez.

*edit: typo'd "revival" when meant "rival"
feels like this nerf is just appealing to the people who don't feel like focusing her before she gets her rezz off.
Rez the more powerful ability in the game:
You could say the same about Soldier's Aimbot ultimate.
Hiding and reviving is a myth that was perpetuated by people before mercy's unnecessary AND UNWANTED rework.

But now? Now that might be the only option with the added cast time.
I won't hide because I never hid in the first place. I am going to hold rez until I ult because it's seriously not worth it, not only because it feels unreasonable but because the awkwardness of it makes playing Mercy less enjoyable for those who really do enjoy playing her. That alone will probably send her to the dumpster. And that's why rez should just be tied to Valk and not left as an ability. Especially if they want her to be a focused healer and not revolve around her rez, like Jeff said.
11/04/2017 12:19 PMPosted by Blueblizz
feels like this nerf is just appealing to the people who don't feel like focusing her before she gets her rezz off.

Pretty much. I played a lot of Mercy before I "retired" and there were games where I was constantly focused, and other games where I hardly took any damage at all.

I think a lot of this rez hate is coming from sub-par DPS mains with 10% accuracy who can't hit a moving target.
11/04/2017 12:30 PMPosted by LameSauce

I think a lot of this rez hate is coming from sub-par DPS mains with 10% accuracy who can't hit a moving target.

I agree to be honest.
11/04/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Navarro

I doubt it. Hiding for Rez started because you only got one shot at Rez and if you messed it up the chance was completely gone. But as long as Rez is on an ability, your team is gonna want you to Rez basically as much as possible without just getting you/the person you're Rezzing killed.

hide and rez never existed as a major problem but when it did happen it was only for a few seconds and it happened because it wasnt "messing up" its literally that the whole enemy team is going to kill me first. and again, think of the first buff to rez in the first place- a qol change to prevent mercy from dying as she was performing her rez, as it would so often happen.

we're back to her being at square 1. literally. and i guarantee you right now that the out of position people are still going to spam for me to rez them.
Based on the new changes, Mercy will most likely die if she tries to fly into the entire enemy team by herself to rez someone. She will not die if she uses Valkyrie, but she needs to keep that ult to save her team.

FTFY

If you think mercy SHOULD be able to fly into the entire enemy team and get away without investing something like an ultimate then i'm afraid you don't know anything about game balance. This change makes it so you need to mind your positioning so that even if you die it won't likely get your mercy killed while she tries to rez you.

It's a good change and if you're going to whine about how this puts your team at a disadvantage then I say good. When a person gets killed in a game that team should be at a disadvantage until they can run back unless you want to invest something like an ultimate to try to bring things back to an even playing field.
11/04/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Sovereign
Hiding and reviving is a myth that was perpetuated by people before mercy's unnecessary AND UNWANTED rework.

It's a myth being perpetuated by the Overwatch team in general and the fact that they keep generalizing and pushing that narrative as well is disheartening. I mean it was just said in the venture beat by a certain someone who's name rhymes with Beff Daplan. All it does is validate that to the people who are toxic and makes it seem like it's okay for others to attack Mercy. Smh.
11/04/2017 12:30 PMPosted by LameSauce
11/04/2017 12:19 PMPosted by Blueblizz

Pretty much. I played a lot of Mercy before I "retired" and there were games where I was constantly focused, and other games where I hardly took any damage at all.

The problem is thats like a good 70% of this games population.
post these comments in the mercy discussion thread that is stickied, they're only looking there for feedback and all the people trying to force this !@#$ to happen have loud voices.
Wtf are you all talking about why the !@#$ would Mercy res do you guys think she'll be save if everyone from her team is death? Do you guys she'll back res someone (Back cap but then res) let me tell you something the body will get camped how I think it'll become is that your dead teammates become objectives I'm expecting someone like D.va to dive with Mercy to res someone 2second defense matrix res = 1.5 seconds .5 seconds extra dm maybe someone else will dive with them after they 'capture' the dead teammate they'll goto the real objective there's literally no reason for Mercy to hide unless I'm missing something
It is a big problem having to stand basically still for 2 seconds just to rez someone. That being said your tanks can always help you. Most DPS now a days are flanker so not many people stand behind a Rein shield. I bet you could get your Reinhardt or other shield tank to push forward just enough for you to stand behind and rez. I'm not saying it's optimal but it's a way to make the game more team orientated I guess.
If Mercy is hiding for one rez instead of using the rest of her kit to help the time she is a bad Mercy and should likely move on from the character
11/04/2017 12:41 PMPosted by MelPaigee
11/04/2017 12:24 PMPosted by Sovereign

It's a myth being perpetuated by the Overwatch team in general and the fact that they keep generalizing and pushing that narrative as well is disheartening. I mean it was just said in the venture beat by a certain someone who's name rhymes with Beff Daplan. All it does is validate that to the people who are toxic and makes it seem like it's okay for others to attack Mercy. Smh.

Yes because Jeff doen't have more stats then you. but please mercy players, keep playing the victim disagreeing with the person who can actually see the effects on the game.

lol