Explanation on the Torb main ban from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 37 38 39 166 Next
Wow so basically what your saying is the people that find playing torb or other off meta heroes fun aren't aloud to have fun any more and have to switch?

Yes it is. This is his response.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c9mkb/one_tricking_isnt_bannable_but_doing_this_as_a/dpog5th/

He's even been banned before.

It's right here in the original Reddit thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c84ns/onetricking_is_officially_bannable/dpnzcyd/

Here is his original thread that he made where the screenshot of the GM came from:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c5gvh/im_a_one_trick_that_just_got_banned_from/

This thread is about Fuey500 or whatever, he was banned specifically for "disruptive play" aka one tricking a hero who isnt meta, it was NOT for throwing. you can even see it in the OP where it the response he got was to "play with a team" or "switch hero's when """"needed""""(why should someone have to play heross to make other people happy, even at t500 levels)
And Xul's banned message was also disruptive play. Stop saying Fuey was banned for just playing torb when you don't know jack.
11/11/2017 04:46 PMPosted by Imouto

This is NOT THE GUY THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c9mkb/one_tricking_isnt_bannable_but_doing_this_as_a/dpog5th/

Did you read my updated post? I admit that this behavior was wrong and is definitely a bannable offense. I didn't appeal that ban.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c84ns/onetricking_is_officially_bannable/dpnzcyd/

Here is his original thread that he made where the screenshot of the GM came from:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c5gvh/im_a_one_trick_that_just_got_banned_from/
That is Xul. People are talking about FUEY who is top 500 and streams almost every day
11/11/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Hobotripin
Until someone provides definitive proof of every single game Fuey has been in, we can't say for 100% certain he didn't do something against the rules. "oh my god hes so nice when the cameras on him and hes not rule breaking"!!!!!!! Yeah so am I.

This is like saying "Well Fuey likes Nickelback, so he deserves the ban."

!@#$, I ruined my own argument didn't I?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

That is Xul. People are talking about FUEY who is top 500 and streams almost every day

And just because he is a famous streamer, it does not mean that only about him should be discussed here. It´s the same behavior .
11/11/2017 04:52 PMPosted by Fr8kyFabi
11/11/2017 04:51 PMPosted by Buttercult

This thread is about Fuey500, not this Xul guy. What's so hard to understand about that?

It´s the same behavior...

One tricking, VS intentionally(with video evidence) throwing a game, yeah, totally the same thing?!???!??!?!?
Well, lads and lasses, what we have here is systemic racism against the Svedes straight out Irvine. Play a swiss angel all you'd like, or an American cowboy, but if you play vertically-challenged, bearded svede... they'll ban you to your molten core.
11/11/2017 04:53 PMPosted by Hobotripin

This thread is about Fuey500 or whatever, he was banned specifically for "disruptive play" aka one tricking a hero who isnt meta, it was NOT for throwing. you can even see it in the OP where it the response he got was to "play with a team" or "switch hero's when """"needed""""(why should someone have to play heross to make other people happy, even at t500 levels)
And Xul's banned message was also disruptive play. Stop saying Fuey was banned for just playing torb when you don't know jack.

innocent until proven guilty.
the xul guy was exposed and admitted it.
there is nothing on FUEY500 until blizz explain.
11/11/2017 04:48 PMPosted by TheReinhardt

were talking about fuey not xul

What proof do you have that Fuey500 is banned? I've checked his Twitch, Twitter, even his Reddit account and I see no indication that he is banned or says he's been banned.

The only "proof" I found is people posting the screenshot of the GM that Xul posted.
11/11/2017 04:16 PMPosted by idSurge
11/11/2017 04:04 PMPosted by GodHand
This is the inevitable result of an environment where the easily offended are given special treatment instead of having to adapt to their environments. When SJWs take hold of moderation it always becomes like Neogaf, absolute totalitarian where the oversensitive reign supreme. Things like this make me worried about Classic WoW and the new WoW expansion as well. SJWs in general need to take a back seat in Blizzard so the company can shine as it once did.

This made no sense, and I have no idea what side of the issue you are one.

No sense, at all.

Pretty sure that was the intention.
Can't be on the wrong side if people don't know which side you're on!
11/11/2017 04:55 PMPosted by BlueLightnin
Well, lads and lasses, what we have here is systemic racism against the Svedes straight out Irvine. Play a swiss angel all you'd like, or an American cowboy, but if you play vertically-challenged, bearded svede... they'll ban you to your molten core.

Make nordic countrys great again :D
After investigating a number of the cases that have been surfaced over the past 24 hours, we can confirm that the system is working as intended.

None of these were simple cases of “one tricking” or off-meta hero selection. These were examples of behavior intended to disrupt Competitive Play. As such, the punishments will stand.

To be clear, specializing in certain heroes or playing off-meta heroes is not bad behavior on its own. In fact, we actively encourage people to be clever with their team comps and work with their teammates to counter the enemy comp. Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections, especially in Competitive Play.

We take these kinds of reports very seriously, along with your feedback. We’ll continue to fine-tune our systems, and we apologize for any confusion about the way that these policies have been communicated.
Highly Rated
This still doesn't explain the situation as to why Fuey got banned. This just proves that Blizzard is unwilling to own up to a mistake if they are unwilling to give us the reasons behind their actions.
11/11/2017 08:23 PMPosted by Engage
This still doesn't explain the situation as to why Fuey got banned. This just proves that Blizzard is unwilling to own up to a mistake if they are unwilling to give us the reasons behind their actions.

It's ok, they'll start owning up once their playerbase starts dwindling due to people being suspended for playing charaacters they put into the game. In the meantime, I'm play multiple blizzard games and while I've been a little bit testy with their practices, I still support them finanacially, hoping that eventually they would get their stuff together.

That stops today, until a major reform of blizzard back to the quality company they used to be, not a dime shall escape from my wallet into their hands.
Highly Rated
I think everyone should play the game how they want to play it. If he wants to play only Torbjorn. Thats fine. As long as hes not toxic or anything hes good.
Highly Rated
11/11/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Josh Engen
After investigating a number of the cases that have been surfaced over the past 24 hours, we can confirm that the system is working as intended.

None of these were simple cases of “one tricking” or off-meta hero selection. These were examples of behavior intended to disrupt Competitive Play. As such, the punishments will stand.

To be clear, specializing in certain heroes or playing off-meta heroes is not bad behavior on its own. In fact, we actively encourage people to be clever with their team comps and work with their teammates to counter the enemy comp. Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections, especially in Competitive Play.

We take these kinds of reports very seriously, along with your feedback. We’ll continue to fine-tune our systems, and we apologize for any confusion about the way that these policies have been communicated.

You have disappointed me and have done so much damage to the community with this response.

Honestly, this is probably the worst thing that could have been done here.
Highly Rated

You apologize for the confusion, but ultimately explain nothing.

I watched Fuey’s stream, nothing in that seemed toxic outside of him playing Torbjorn.

If Torbjorn is so bad that simply playing him immediately hurts your team, Why is he playable?

I was hoping you guys would rise above this and actually acknowledge something’s not right.

You’ve set a prescedent for trolls that they can now band together and say “switch or we report”.

This is a massive disappointment, but not a surprise.
Highly Rated

This is a lie. And I don't trust the people trying to confuse people and blame Fuey for things XUL did. Jeff told us once Blizz employees can and do post here.
Highly Rated
So after all that the official response is 'move along, nothing to see here'?