Explanation on the Torb main ban from Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 87 88 89 166 Next
11/12/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Greylight
11/12/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Dadski
Legit question, let's say two onetricks find themselves in the same match on the same team, they both onetrick the same hero. What happens then and why are the other four members of the team punished?

A tad bit of a rigged question. All 6 are punished. Nobody wants to be put in a team that isn't going to be playing well.

Blame the matchmaking for randomly building a team where all the roles are not easily filled.
except they are. Each player is free to pick who they want, when ever they want, it completely fine and you have the same chance as winning at you do losing, 49.99 repeat%. givien that there a small chance for a tie to heppen.
If Blizzard want people to take the reporting system seriously, to use it and trust that it works, then situations like this need a better public response.

If I played with a one-trick who does swap off but then plays that new hero badly, am I justified in reporting them? Maybe they are throwing, or maybe they just haven't played that hero for weeks and are trying their best?

We can't be expected to use the report system properly if we don't have a clear indication of what constitutes a justifiable offense.
Something I don't understand.

Let's pretend Fuey is toxic offstream and her refuses to switch nomatter what, how is he able to maintain a 57% winrate?

I don't think that 57% in his matches he gets carried.

It's not like the whole Mercy onetrick incident were player were in GM with 45% Winrate. And even then why the fck do they have such a high SR in the first place?
11/12/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
For the 7th million time - this is a different Torb player.
11/12/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Vylix
They're also talking about a different person. Two Torb mains were banned, one is Xul who was actually banned for toxic behaviour. The other is Fuey, a top500 torb player that genuinely seems like a cool, not toxic, dude.
I'm aware, but I mostly wanted to call attention to the comments.

I was going to say this in the other thread, but decided to forego the downvotes.

If you're playing competitive, you need to understand that you're playing a team game, and your actions could very negatively impact your entire team. One-tricking and refusing to switch when you have a !@#$ty comp because of your choice is selfish as %^-*.

Just learn one more character, or go play quick play.

Signed, the guy who always picks last to fill in whatever the hell everyone else doesn't want to play.
Agreed, strict uncompromising one-tricking is at, minimum, passively toxic. Sometimes it can work and you can go numerous games consecutively without running into issues but (barring balancing scenarios when a character becomes egregiously overpowered) it's ultimately a ticking timebomb where you're just waiting to be the reason your team lost.

Like, being a Pharah one-trick getting picked out of the air by Kephrii on Widow over and over again is a problem. You can be a Top 500 grandmaster with a 70% winrate with Pharah and still get your !@# handed to you by a similarly ranked Widow.

Depending on the attitude of the player, one-tricking can become actively toxic as is the case described by OP. I've been in that situation too and I'm sure many people have.

Not only was Overwatch not designed with one-trick players in mind, Overwatch was actively and deliberately designed to discourage it. Class balance in Overwatch is meant to be rock-paper-scissors. Your team comp is supposed to change in order to counter the selections of the other team, and then they're supposed to change to counter your counters, and so on and so forth.
Posts such as these bring up a number of good points, but they'd be downvoted to !@#$ over here.

Hey fam, looks like you are getting downvoted too. Welcome the downvoted club :x Too many Garen midlaners here :x
11/11/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Josh Engen
After investigating a number of the cases that have been surfaced over the past 24 hours, we can confirm that the system is working as intended.

None of these were simple cases of “one tricking” or off-meta hero selection. These were examples of behavior intended to disrupt Competitive Play. As such, the punishments will stand.

To be clear, specializing in certain heroes or playing off-meta heroes is not bad behavior on its own. In fact, we actively encourage people to be clever with their team comps and work with their teammates to counter the enemy comp. Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections, especially in Competitive Play.

We take these kinds of reports very seriously, along with your feedback. We’ll continue to fine-tune our systems, and we apologize for any confusion about the way that these policies have been communicated.

Well why don't you tell us what to play then, so the 26 PLAYABLE heroes in the game don't become a liability for being banned. Tell us officially what your meta is, tell us what heroes we are mandated to play on what map, make this an official statement, rules, guide, whatever. Because, if you are saying that a random player has the authority to tell others what to play and that if a player does not OBEY the COMMAND by another player then there has to be some official statement by Blizzard to back that players command, otherwise people are being banned on hearsay and opinions on what should be played and where.

You are banning people for opinions of other players who aren't given authority on what should and should not be played. You are also opening a flood gate of abuse. Now people can literally dictate to others what to play, and without any "official" meta or guide on what to play and what not to play by Blizzard, they can request you to play/switch to ANY hero they desire. And if you don't fallow the commands of a random opinion from a random player with no expertise or authority, you will get banned. People will be reporting everyone for not conforming to their personal idea of a meta.

You REALLY need role queue or some sort of official guide stating what to play and what no to play on what map and so on, so that this will be a point of reference to adhere to and to use to point out whether a person is in compliance or not. Unfair to bann someone based on rules so nebulous as "the opinion of some guy in masters".

To people who see the flaw in this system and how abusable it is, I highly recommend staying out of competitive. It is now become the fascist 3rd Reich, and Blizzard has given this their blessing.
11/12/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Dadski
@escampee I wasn't mentioning fuey, check for my follow-up question

11/12/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Greylight

Blame the matchmaking for randomly building a team where all the roles are not easily filled.

Why though? I was under the impression we have variety of heroes so we can adapt to every situation, not matchmakers fault.

Fair enough. I retract the comment directed towards you about Fuey as it was unfair.

I stand behind the rest of my comments.
11/12/2017 09:19 AMPosted by LvL9Drow
After investigating a number of the cases that have been surfaced over the past 24 hours, we can confirm that the system is working as intended.

None of these were simple cases of “one tricking” or off-meta hero selection. These were examples of behavior intended to disrupt Competitive Play. As such, the punishments will stand.

To be clear, specializing in certain heroes or playing off-meta heroes is not bad behavior on its own. In fact, we actively encourage people to be clever with their team comps and work with their teammates to counter the enemy comp. Teamwork is important and should be considered when making your hero selections, especially in Competitive Play.

We take these kinds of reports very seriously, along with your feedback. We’ll continue to fine-tune our systems, and we apologize for any confusion about the way that these policies have been communicated.

Well why don't you tell us what to play then, so the 26 PLAYABLE heroes in the game don't become a liability for being banned. Tell us officially what your meta is, tell us what heroes we are mandated to play on what map, make this an official statement, rules, guide, whatever. Because, if you are saying that a random player has the authority to tell others what to play and that if a player does not OBEY the COMMAND by another player then there has to be some official statement by Blizzard to back that players command, otherwise people are being banned on hearsay and opinions on what should be played and where.

You are banning people for opinions of other players who aren't given authority on what should and should not be played. You are also opening a flood gate of abuse. Now people can literally dictate to others what to play, and without any "official" meta or guide on what to play and what not to play by Blizzard, they can request you to play/switch to ANY hero they desire. And if you don't fallow the commands of a random opinion from a random player with no expertise or authority, you will get banned. People will be reporting everyone for not conforming to their personal idea of a meta.

You REALLY need role queue or some sort of official guide stating what to play and what no to play on what map and so on, so that this will be a point of reference to adhere to and to use to point out whether a person is in compliance or not. Hart to bann someone based on rules so nebulous as "the opinion of some guy in masters".

To people who see the flaw in this system and how abusable it is, I highly recommend staying out of competitive. It is now become the fascist 3rd Reich, and Blizzard has given this their blessing.

Do you happen to one-trick a midlane Garen in LOL?
11/12/2017 09:19 AMPosted by LvL9Drow

You REALLY need role queue or some sort of official guide stating what to play and what no to play on what map and so on, so that this will be a point of reference to adhere to and to use to point out whether a person is in compliance or not. Hart to bann someone based on rules so nebulous as "the opinion of some guy in masters".

They di dnot, people just wanting blizzard to comment so they can pick apart when they do talk. They did not say that, they are not saying that, but you guys just want to make everyone the bad guys instead of growing up and playing a bit nicer, and better, and to treat your fellow gamers a bit better too.
TBH, if this is the the controversy we needed to get Bliz to actually implement role queue

I only wish this had happened sooner
11/12/2017 09:12 AMPosted by MeiCree
11/12/2017 08:46 AMPosted by MeiCree

I am tired, tired looking at post like this, this is like fighting violence with violence, I sometimes wonder if these people are really people, they have no rational and logical thinking. Their logic is: "in my opinion, Blizzard is making the game $#!+, let me making it worse, because I hate their decisions, and I am going to make someone innocent I have never known and met's life $#!+."

What did the other guy do to you?? Just because Blizzard banned a streamer?? So the other guy owe you something? (I have many mean words I am not going to use on you)

I just hope I can hear from Jeff or others from Blizzard that they are not goin to take these threats, making their decision wisely based on the decent part of the community, I don't care what their final decision on this issue is, but I just hope they are not going to coward to these indecent threats like this.

I get down vote for giving reason, and this guy gets up vote for threats?? I officially give up on the forum. Why do I even or ever come here?

Because people hate people who don’t switch even though you could just... look through Zarya’s lines til you find the right one? Why are they making some random schmuck waste $40 because they don’t like a character? Is, is only game... why you heff to be mad
I still don't fully understand 'WHY' he was banned exactly?
"refusal to cooperate with the rest of the team"
This is the part that really concerns me. So from what I can tell he was playing Torb (on attack I assume) Which frankly if he wants to do that it's fine. There are Sombra mains and Mercy mains that were climbing the Ladder on far lower than 50% win rate. But he's throwing cause he's playing a non-optimal hero? Maybe the problem isn't the guy playing Torb on attack but the SR system that allows people who one-trick to climb far more easily than those who flex.
11/12/2017 09:15 AMPosted by TJgalon
11/12/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Ggnome
Anyone who has watched a few of Fuey's streams knows that he is not toxic. However, streamers like XQC and Sinatra do not take long for them to have toxic outbursts.
how is he when he not streaming?

Then are you suggesting that one offense is needed for a 24hr ban, because if so, a lot of "meta-flex" players need to be banned as well. But you know full well that fuey has no observable track record of being toxic, while the other streamers I mentioned clearly do and have not been reported by the player base because they want to be "in" with the pros. Now get of my lawn you troll.
I still don't get it why you keep arguing over the fact that ActiBlizzard doesn't give a !@#$ about you say. It's weekend, everyone is an ediot in the weekend
26 playable characters but only (___fill names here___) can be played ranked?

Am I reading this right?
It's like watching this game transform into a meme in real-time. It's neat.
And they've opened this thread up again, no doubt to lock the flood of threads angry that strangers can now ban you for picking your best heroes.
11/12/2017 10:34 AMPosted by djwaglmuffin
26 playable characters but only (___fill names here___) can be played ranked?

Am I reading this right?

You can change that to: "26 playable characters but you choose to exclusively play (___fill name here___) in ranked?
You want a solution? Stop playing. Stop making them sit on loads of money while making fun of you. Hit them in the face irl if you see them, I don't know.
These !@#$s are literally reading this %^-* and have a good laugh.
Teamwork = "DO AS I SAY OR ELSE! NO I DONT CARE IF YOURE BETTER AT SYMMETRA THEN GENJI PICK GENJI DAMMIT!"

- calm rational top 500 team player.