Junkertown, Attack

General Discussion
Did anybody win this map in attack? I played this map since PTR and i noticed that everytime defence wins attack. Did you notice that or its just me?
I'm in XBox and have won on both. Getting past the first leg of the map on attack seems to be the hardest.
Yeah, it is really hard to push through each of the gates, since there are only 2-3 ways to get through, and they're all really small corridors, so you can always expect spam in them.
Yes I've seen teams win. Because we won't have a clear idea of how balanced the map is as long as it isn't in comp because teams are never balanced. If you have say 2 masters on one team and 3 silvers on the other, who do you think is going to win? You get 3 guesses, the first 2 don't count.
I have been on the winning team several times on attack. I would says about 60/40 to the win side.
Run a "protect the Bastion" comp. Bastion + Orisa/Rein + healer + 3 others. I personally like Bastion + Torb + 2 shields + Mercy + flanker. From what I've seen, this works most reliably against a Defense with Torb or Bastion.

If the enemy does not have a Bastion or Torb, and a Bastion comp is not working, just adapt to counter them.
I just saw a thread yesterday that said defense never won- lol.
Since release, attackers have won 51% of the time.
09/21/2017 09:30 AMPosted by RebelVenFam
I'm in XBox and have won on both. Getting past the first leg of the map on attack seems to be the hardest.

09/21/2017 09:31 AMPosted by Gamerdude313
Yeah, it is really hard to push through each of the gates, since there are only 2-3 ways to get through, and they're all really small corridors, so you can always expect spam in them.

i think so too, it wasnt easy to get out the spawn!
09/21/2017 09:51 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Seems about right from what I've seen, the first point feels very Defense oriented, but once you get into the town proper, it quickly turns around
Hi YouTube

ow, thank you for the answer, now i dont worry

THE GOD HAS SPOKEN.

Yep...I was on defense on my first Junkertown map, and we lost hands down. My team pretty much looked like this:

Our Mercy is drinking soda pop, which he/she is doing with his/her mic on, distracting us.

My team cannot be bothered to attack the enemy Tracer, and Tracer is wreaking havoc.

My team looked like they were all clueless and drunk...I ended up getting POTG and doing 75% of the team's damage...as a Junkrat.

So, yeah, defense can lose...all you need is a completely uncoordinated defensive team, which I apparently keep getting matched with.
My experience is that anytime there is a Mercy, Junkrat, and a Zenyatta throwing out discord orbs on the attacking team, the attackers win.
Up to now I was actually feeling the opposite, with attack winning most of the time, glad to see this is still a balanced ratio
the same line of fire that people think gives defense an advantage on the first point is equally applied to attack, and attack reinforces faster with shorter distance.

you can just keep throwing yourselves into the fight and eventually cap, at all skill levels. same problem with lunar colony.

last point is a shooting gallery for defense with plenty of cover to make it extraordinarily hard for attack... again, same problem with lunar colony.
I've won and lost a few times each.

Junkertown feels balanced overall. The one thing that seems a bit off is the spawn camping at the start.

However, I wouldn't say I've been spawn trapped in there. Could be problematic in comp though :)
I have more attacker wins than defense wins my only gripe is the insane amount of time you have to walk from respawn if you are defender
The map seems fairly easy to push through. The hardest section I've noticed is the first half of first than it is fairly easy to push the rest of the way.