Reason why genjis deflect hit box is bigger

General Discussion
It’s bigger than him because he deflects !@#$ with a sword not his body. A sword is an extension of your body that can be extended outwards to deflect things. Saying his hit box needs to be the size of him is absurd. He isn’t made of deflecting material that sends back bad stuff at the enemy
Yeah but it's the size of a reinhardt shield at times.
Also they don't want it to match the body, but the visuals.
I've seen a lot of clips where they clearly shot OUTSIDE of the visual yet still deflected.
...But it's bigger than the slash effects he makes with his sword.
By, like, a lot.
10/04/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Ikaros
It’s bigger than him because he deflects !@#$ with a sword not his body. A sword is an extension of your body that can be extended outwards to deflect things. Saying his hit box needs to be the size of him is absurd. He isn’t made of deflecting material that sends back bad stuff at the enemy
The visual representation shows the extension of him swinging his arm with a sword, the hitbox is far beyond that and even reaches behind him on odd occasions. The hitbox is almost the size of a reinhardt shield. Also i should also mention if we are trying to be realistic and technical, no one in their right mind would fully extend their arm out to deflect anything that has force behind it. Having your arm fully extended wouldnt deflect !@#$, but would pretty much rip your arm off. So either way the hitbox is bs and needs to be fixed.
Obviously you haven't played against Genji that much, because you don't even have to shoot at him directly in order for him to reflect bullets.

His reflect hitbox IS too big. Anyone who denies it is blind. There's even a very carefully made video that shows how big it is.
In the first place, it shouldn't have to be as big as it is, since the ability was made with the intention to reflect anything that would hit Genji.

Right now, it reflects anything that would hit Genji and also everything within 100 miles of Genji too.

w h y
This flashbang got deflected https://puu.sh/xOZEj/05e766a9c7.png

also genji deflect with wakizashi, not with katana
When i play mccree against a deflecting genji i always have to aim 5 feet above him or beside him to stun him, but sometimes the animations ollide and delays in favor of the genji for some reason and stuns me anyway, so idk. His deflect hitbox is a little bull.
almost two years since beta and genji reflect graphic still hasn't been changed to represent the actual area he's reflecting
A magic wakizashi that reverses the effects of Ana attacks, too. Fun.