"We're currently testing some new changes on the PTR."

PTR Feedback
It's not what the game needs nor what the players want.

Mercy
  • Valkyrie
    • No longer resets or lowers Resurrection’s cooldown. Instead it now doubles Resurrection’s range

Why change it so drastically? Why not testing her ultimate without the lower Resurrection’s cooldown and keep the reset?
It's an ultimate. It's supposed to be strong.

Edit:
What good is a double resurrect range if the cooldown is 30 seconds in an ultimate that has a duration of 20 seconds?
So with this change toxicity towards mercy players goin to increase even more , since it mostly likely goin to be kind of troll pick ..
I just want to look at the person from the overwatch team who called for this change..

what kind of hanzo main u have to be to do this
I think Mercy needed a nerf.

Problem is, I also think Mercy was FUN to play with her changes for the first time since literally ever. This coming from a "support main" who loves Lucio, Ana, and Zen.

I acknowledge the devs were put in a tricky position, then, trying to balance Mercy while keeping her fun. But I think this is the WORST way to do it. Well OK, you can always come up with a worse way, but this seems pretty bad to me in terms of keeping what I liked about new Mercy intact.

That, plus the total silence on what's supposed to have changed in this new PTR build, is really bringing the community tensions to a head.

And although it's a bit off-topic, and I understand why he did it, I think people are frustrated at seeing Kaplan ban a guy for a month over something far tamer than what most of us put up with every time we play their game. If Jeff had come here to respond to common questions about what's a bug and what's a real nerf, and ALSO happened to ban the guy, sure.

But it just gives off the impression that the devs have plenty of time to come here and ban people who offend them, but NOT to answer any of our (often very simple) questions. I'm not saying that's an ACCURATE impression, or that I don't empathize with the devs, but it's a bad look for them nonetheless.
10/05/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Bloggerman
It's not what the game needs nor what the players want.

Mercy
  • Valkyrie
    • No longer resets or lowers Resurrection’s cooldown. Instead it now doubles Resurrection’s range

Why change it so drastically? Why not testing her ultimate without the lower Resurrection’s cooldown and keep the reset?
It's an ultimate. It's supposed to be strong.

Edit:
What good is a double resurrect range if the cooldown is 30 seconds in an ultimate that has a duration of 20 seconds?
Whoever made this change really needs some mental help. No matter how much you increase the range during ult it's changing nothing, because when you fly you nearly always have a viable escape unless there's a Soldier ult.
From the Patch Notes – September 19, 2017:
While resurrecting downed allies is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay, the way her Ultimate functioned was causing a number of problems. It was frustrating to play against, and it incentivized Mercy players to hide away from important battles, instead of taking part in them. This version turns Resurrect into a single target ability. It’s still an important part of Mercy’s kit, but plays much better for both Mercy players and her enemies. Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759166300#post-4

Not anymore it isn't.
Now it's just used to heal, damage boost or maybe to get a kill of 2 if you're lucky enough to not get shot down.
Mercy did need a nerf, and everyone agrees that the nerf is too harsh. The community seems to be under the impression that the changes are going to hit live as we saw with Bastion and that blizzard won't listen. Even with plenty of examples of Blizzard listening to their fans, they want to spew negative, non-constructive criticisms at a company that is otherwise very successful with their game. There's been plenty of PTR changes that have been taken back, some including Mercy herself (damage boost reverting back from I believe 50% which was way too op, zenyatta discording people through barriers, etc.). There's plenty of examples of changes that Blizzard has taken back but no one wants to talk about those, just the few times they messed up.

I really wouldn't be too upset unless it hit live, then it would just flat out be disappointing. Kaplan and his team do a lot of things that other companies wouldn't even dare do such as interacting with the community as much as they do. You really have to understand the challenges developers face when they speak to the public, they have to be VERY careful with their wording. You can't generalize, you have to be very clear or else people get the wrong impressions. Ask yourself this question: Why do you care so much about a change in the TEST environment? It's literally there for testing purposes, it doesn't even affect you until it goes live. What everyone is bickering about is a change that hasn't actually happened. Why do you feel that blizzard never listens? Hell, Kaplan himself just banned a kid for being a douche on the forums and you still don't think they're reading? They are. Would you like a candid camera of them and their development team talking about changes to convince you that they're actually working? They don't get paid to sit around and do nothing and you know a company like Blizzard wouldn't just hand out free money to employees, it's just not how business works.

The kid getting banned for 30 days on the forum probably deserved it (come on, he was being a douche), comparing this ban to an in-game ban is a complete false equivalency. Blizzard has actively and publicly given you the numbers and you still choose to believe it's not happening, that's on you. There's this weird dynamic that happens when companies take action against customers. It's obvious what Kaplan was feeling when this particular ban happened, he and his team have sunk in more hours into this game than you can imagine and some whiny kid tries to throw it in your face and completely discredit you, your team, your company over some changes that haven't even hit live? If you read all of this, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to read this, I imagine this is going to get downvoted to hell.

TLDR; Community response is an over-reaction but universally agreed on bad change. Changes haven't hit live, it still doesn't really affect you so save your boycotting for then.

EDIT: I say you a lot, i'm not attacking anyone here specifically, more-so the extremely outraged members.