Noone wants to play tanks anymore

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
Mostly playing tank, like Rein or Orisa, but one thing that I really hate is during point capture. I take bastion and noone wants to take tank. I could easily take tank but then noone wants Bastion. Cool combo, but srsly guys.
I feel like you're both right. These are the changes some people asked for. People who wanted a game that was funner for them without a real thought to the consequences to other roles. At the end of the day it's up to the devs who to listen to though and they did that.

They literally said they would give us new heroes to give us the diversity. Instead they've given us short cut reworks that please absolutely nobody.
10/06/2017 10:30 AMPosted by WarGoat
10/06/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Seefer

The only thing the devs are guilty of is giving the players what they ask for.

Lol then where are the Genji hitbox adjustments?

Perhaps I should have said "Giving DPS players what they want" and clarified.
I would not complain at all if the next 4-5 heroes released are all either tank or support.
I use to never want to heal(although most games i had no choice), but now with the mercy changes I love playing mercy ...
Tank is boring right now because you have too many easy counters. I like to play reinhardt but sometime you just get DELETED and if they have a good sombra you are basically AFK Battery. Dva is weak, Roadhog is a battery, Winston is boring at least for me. I remember season 1 where i was main reinhardt and it was amazing. I was like a beast with a huge hammer killing enemies and with my huge shield, saving my teammates. Right now instead the shield goes down in 2 seconds and you get deleted from everyone. At least you can still fight mercy 1v1. You get the point even with a bit of sarcasm.
10/06/2017 02:38 PMPosted by WEEABOO
Tank is boring right now because you have too many easy counters. I like to play reinhardt but sometime you just get DELETED and if they have a good sombra you are basically AFK Battery. Dva is weak, Roadhog is a battery, Winston is boring at least for me. I remember season 1 where i was main reinhardt and it was amazing. I was like a beast with a huge hammer killing enemies and with my huge shield, saving my teammates. Right now instead the shield goes down in 2 seconds and you get deleted from everyone. At least you can still fight mercy 1v1. You get the point even with a bit of sarcasm.

D.Va is weak? LMAO sure her DM sucks but she is a little brute! I usually wind up doing over 50% of the killing and damage for my team.
D.Va was the second most played character in comp this past week.
Highly Rated
10/06/2017 03:38 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

You're active on forums again can we get some input on Doomfist too please?
Highly Rated

yea i played dva today..

as solo tank tho which isnt quite fun

Not according to:
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Rein has overtaken her, her use at high levels in particular has dropped significantly.

I get you have more accurate data, but I feel like lower levels are still just messing around a lot with the 'shiny new.' My personal experience is, well, I had a 55% win rate with her last season, now I couldn't buy a win even though I lost enough SR to put me back at a level I used to comfortably carry with her.
10/06/2017 03:43 PMPosted by keeeyt

yea i played dva today..

Also this is happening a lot. The thread's about the state of tanks in general.
10/06/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Skrimiche
What does player preference have to do with matchmaking?

For starters it would be nice to have some form of role select. So if you like playing support, dps, or tank you can set your preference to that then the game will match you up with an even amount of all. This would stop matches with 4 dps heroes in a game.
10/06/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Jessicka

Not according to:
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

Rein has overtaken her, her use at high levels in particular has dropped significantly.

I get you have more accurate data, but I feel like lower levels are still just messing around a lot with the 'shiny new.' My personal experience is, well, I had a 55% win rate with her, now I couldn't buy a win even though I lost enough SR to put me back at a level I'd comfortably carry with her.
10/06/2017 03:43 PMPosted by keeeyt

yea i played dva today..

Also this is happening a lot.

Overbuff only takes stats from a small group compared to Blizz official stats
10/06/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Lemoi356
Overbuff only takes stats from a small group compared to Blizz official stats

I get that, that it's also skewed towards higher level play, where D.Va is seeing less use.
Highly Rated

Please do take into account, D.Va will always be incredibly popular due to her waifu looks and being one of the only two mobile tank options.
Highly Rated

It's almost like dva is not actually tank anymore...

But a fat dps.

Who just got a major rework and people are still getting used to it.

She's only a tank in name and category, kinda like roadhog. Which means players don't actually want to play tanks. Thanks for proving the point of this thread.
Highly Rated

And what's the pickrate for the next tank? I'm always solo tanking as her like 75% of the time in my main account, it's super unfun specially with how squishy she can feel at times when I'm forced to use DM to keep my teammates and healer alive
Highly Rated

But how has she performed.

tons of damage, damage blocked, death, meka recall say compared to older build.

often have no choice but to jump on her when defending final point.

Could we get a full stats disclosure on pick rates? I.e. every hero. It would be interesting to see how heroes stack up in this new meta. (I understand overbuff is out there, but it isnt as accurate)