[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Oct 17, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 146 147 148 177 Next
Balancing Mercy will be hard with resurrect as an ability instead of an ultimate, but changing her again and again on live is getting kinda annoying. I understand that PTR isn't the perfect testing area, but they should at least take the feedback from it to make changes as needed to further test so we don't have a repeat of situations like the Bastion meta.
But the recent nerfs upcoming to make Mercy basically stationary enough for DPS to get a kill when she rezzes is too much pander I just can't.

The mercy NERFS have nothing to do with "hide & rez" it is simply DPS pander.

I'm just a training bot, but some mods think they're so slick in hiding stuff. ;P
They should learn to lock an hide threads better. Beep Boop!
Just revert her to when she was balanced dear god plz I’m so tired of this so so tired it’s sucking the life from me and making me despise this company
As a Pharah, I'm sort of just bracing myself to never get rez'd. Rezzing me far back in a safe spot is kind of useless, and rezzing me behind a friendly tank's shield will almost never happen.

Also bracing myself for my Mercy getting picked off every time she goes for an E and having to team fight without a healer again.

I am starting to accept what they're going to do and I'm gonna try to live with it. But it is going to be super annoying to lose a Mercy who tries to rez a critical pick. Seems like rez only works on non-critical picks now. That could just be a biased Pharah main talking.

But you aren't getting someone up in a frenzied team fight anymore, unless you have Valkyrie.
They're never going to get this right. I am done trying, they say they're listening....but with how things are right now that can't possibly be the case. If they are listening, its not to the people in this thread that actually care about Mercy.
11/08/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Rin
They're never going to get this right. I am done trying, they say they're listening....but with how things are right now that can't possibly be the case. If they are listening, its not to the people in this thread that actually care about Mercy.

I sympathize utterly with your frustration, but it would set a fatal precedent if they based any change on sheer volume of forum posts. The best they can be expected to do is take what we're saying under consideration and try to adjust Mercy on their own terms, to fit their own standards.

I don't believe for a second that it was forum posters who caused the Mercy change in the first place. It was Blizzard that wanted it, and it's up to Blizzard to fix it. When they finally manage to satisfy the majority of the players, hopefully you and everyone else here will still be around and playing.

Hang in there boss.
Revert Mercy.
Buff ressurect on her ultimate please.
The healing group sucks, it's like a zenyatta who is flying.
Ressurection is the only unique stuff on Mercy, and gettin only 1 bonus rez feels really cheap.

Why do you have to make all characters the same ? same mechanic, same gameplay. It just sucks.
And i want heroes never die back.

I will wash over you sucks so bad.

Yep. This is what happened to D.Va. Now she's been completely ruined and the Overwatch team don't care. They just keep listening the the wrong people and piling more bad mistakes on top of existing ones instead of undoing prior bad decisions, then wonder why their game is so broken and things don't work.
11/09/2017 01:54 AMPosted by TerrorK

Yep. This is what happened to D.Va. Now she's been completely ruined and the Overwatch team don't care. They just keep listening the the wrong people and piling more bad mistakes on top of existing ones instead of undoing prior bad decisions, then wonder why their game is so broken and things don't work.

At least her ultimate line is still good, and wasn't changed for something ugly.
Hey guys,

I've been kinda holding back my thoughts on Mercy. Mostly because this thread seems more like a dump then an archive. But I think I'm gonna take a break from overwatch. So I figured I might as well do this first. I tried to make it organized so it's easy to skim, in case you don't want to read it all. You can skip to the stuff at the bottom if you don't want to do that.

Playing against Mercy:

Playing against Mercy sucks. With rez as a basic ability, any kill you make can be undone. Killing the Mercy first was always a thing but before the rework it only really applied to ults or if she was healing your target but now it's all the time. And it's not so easy to kill her now that she has Valkyrie. It just.. it creates this stifling feeling, like you can't move or do anything. It's just frustrating, plain and simple. And yes I know this is why there's a nerf coming and we'll get to that.

Playing as Mercy:

Before the rework the whole kill the Mercy thing was the most annoying thing about playing her. Now that has become 1000x worse. I came back from a month long hiatus to realize people had figured out how to bait my rez only to ult me. On top of that, I have literally every character who can find a way behind me ulting me in the back of the head. Plus the normal annoying !@# flanker harassing me the whole game.

Next there's Valkyrie. Now it does increase survive-ability a bit. So that's one good thing. But overall it just doesn't feel fun. You just float above everyone and do the same thing you were before. You can't save your team from any ults the way Lucio or Zenyatta can. There's no rush of excitement like there was from rez. Also the voice line is just sooo boring. Heroes never die was literally one of the best and most iconic lines in the whole game. And "I will watch over you" is like basically as bad as Sym's ult line.

PTR changes:

Now these are just atrocious. It's basically like being in a junkrat trap with a "free kill" sign over your head. That's not fun for Mercy. That makes out of ult rez completely useless. Just no. Do not push this through. A casting time was a terrible idea before the rework and it's a terrible idea now.

Basically what I'm saying here is that:

A) Rez is too strong to be a basic ability
B) Valkyrie is overall less fun then Rez
C) PTR changes are horrible and make rez useless.

Solutions:

A) Full revert. Simple. Mercy was never op. Ana being weak and Lucio being... not meta? left the game in a state where only Mercy was being played. Resulting in people complaining as they normally do when a character is everywhere. Perfect example is Genji. He's apparently not op but everyone still hates him.

B) Make Rez exclusive to Valkyrie. Give it like 3 charges or so. It's a good hybrid between old and new mercy that keeps rez's power in check. More fun all around and maybe "heroes never die" can be worked into it.
11/08/2017 08:50 PMPosted by KimberPrime
Balancing Mercy will be hard with resurrect as an ability instead of an ultimate, but changing her again and again on live is getting kinda annoying. I understand that PTR isn't the perfect testing area, but they should at least take the feedback from it to make changes as needed to further test so we don't have a repeat of situations like the Bastion meta.

Very true it is getting annoying although i don't understand all those "Bring old Mercy Back!" and "It were mostly 2-3 man res not 5!! People. The Ptr Mercy is basicly like the old Mercy.

The ptr Mercy won't use her e ability and the old Mercy didn't even had one. Also with the ult you can insta res two people as well since you probly wont use her e ability at all.
Even the Playstyle is the same (Heal, Boost and Survive until Ult),besides the Guardian Angle momentum that the new Mercy has (which makes her better)

That being said they should just bound two res charges with valk and give her a new e ability. Nothing fancy or heavy game changing. It should make her a little more versatile, thats all.
I don't know why giving Valkyrie an extra rez 30 secs is more than enough
yesterday I killed diva then she got rezed I killed her again and
then get rezed again am I just fighting 2 divas! in these 2 minutes
what are we playing here?!
the funny thing is 30 secs is just too fast killing someone then moving to another
then seeing the one you just killed slaying your team again god I cant wait for the Nerf if at least she could be vulnerable and can be stopped during this rez spams
and I still think 30 secs is too much I would prefer 40 or 50 secs if Valkyrie its self have extra rez
and yeah our Lucio changed to Mercy and the match took another level
we were in disadvantage without Mercy he wasn't bad but man you cant rez me right you have to wait 7 secs for me to come back and fight again
I think blizzard should prepare a grave for Moira next to Lucio
11/09/2017 03:57 AMPosted by Dastil
The Ptr Mercy is basicly like the old Mercy.

Ha!

Don't make me laugh!

She will be useless besides a measly two rezzes during a lackluster ult. She needs her old ult back.

Making Rez exclusive to Valk would be a HUGE nerf.
Even the Playstyle is the same (Heal, Boost and Survive until Ult),

Her "playstyle" isn't the issue. It's her overloaded kit with rez on E, and her underwhelming ult in the fomr of Valk.
11/08/2017 09:31 PMPosted by Ni9htmare420
Just revert her to when she was balanced dear god plz I’m so tired of this so so tired it’s sucking the life from me and making me despise this company

You're far from being alone. I'm livid with them. FPS is not their genre... clearly...
We all wasting our time they never to listen to our meaningful feedback. They just want Mercy to be a heal bot with no impact or whatsoever.. They just made Mercy boring to play and this new Mercy feels like a chore. The best way to make them look at her again is to NOT PICK HER and LET HER PICKRATE PLUMMET HARD and maybe they will listen...
11/08/2017 08:50 PMPosted by KimberPrime

Very true it is getting annoying although i don't understand all those "Bring old Mercy Back!" and "It were mostly 2-3 man res not 5!! People. The Ptr Mercy is basicly like the old Mercy.

The ptr Mercy won't use her e ability and the old Mercy didn't even had one. Also with the ult you can insta res two people as well since you probly wont use her e ability at all.
Even the Playstyle is the same (Heal, Boost and Survive until Ult),besides the Guardian Angle momentum that the new Mercy has (which makes her better)

That being said they should just bound two res charges with valk and give her a new e ability. Nothing fancy or heavy game changing. It should make her a little more versatile, thats all.

There are no "heroes never die".
There are no game changer.
Make rez exclusive to Valk and give it 3 charges