[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Oct 17, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 147 148 149 177 Next
Swap Valk on E and give her old mass res as ult
[RUDE] Why?...Genuinely curious why? Why did you depict Mercy as a life-returning angel for a year, and then toss the idea aside, and ignore player feedback? I'm worried about the future of this game. You send a message that you don't care about your player base if it's to make you satisfied with the game. You could make Ana into Genji and players wouldn't be able to protest? I think you're too busy trying to fix toxicity when you're demonstrating it at the highest level.

[MOVING FORWARD] There needs to be a voting system in Overwatch. This is not a dictatorship, and players should be able to vote on the most recent patches you guys decide to release. This way players know, that YOU know exactly what they think of the patch, because no one believes you read Mercy posts. Give players a stronger voice, otherwise you mock a president who does nothing for their community...
Just revert Mercy back to her old design with mass rez but keeping the GA buffs. Giving her arthritis when rezzing in order for her to be countered is ridiculous when you took away her invincibility and range during the rework. Resurrection is essentially a suicide mission now and all of this started because allegedly every Mercy was hiding and rezzing.
148 pages of players writing essays as to why Mercy should be reverted and you still don’t listen?

Disappointing, Blizzard, disappointing.
A mild nitpick now(yup, posting for a third time): Can I just say how pathetic it is that when Mercy revives someone, in the PTR nerf they've made to make her a free kill, all they did was just slow down her voice line? Like, the hell? At least make her say the line AFTER she revives and not have her going "Heroes neeevvvvveeerrr die!" Like, what? Who thought that was a good idea?? It doesn't sound right at all!

(I think the Valkyrie skin exclusive revive line is the only one I've heard that doesn't sound like total sh*t.)
You have people who don't even play mercy telling you to revert the changes. Everyone knows this rework was a failure and doesn't want it.
Well we're back at "Mercy should only be picked because of her ultimate", even if it does different things.

Revert pls
To be honest I think blizzard put all mercy post here so they don't have to deal with it. Sort of brushing us to the side. IMO if they cared then they would have replied by now after 148 pages of comments.
Suggestion:
Resurrect only revive to half health --- so that mercy can't just run away but needs to keep healing after the target is revived. -> If Mercy doesn't choose her resurrect target properly, both she and the target get be more easily killed.
Valkyrie sets the revive health to full health instead.
11/09/2017 10:07 AMPosted by KafuuChino
Suggestion:
Resurrect only revive to half health --- so that mercy can't just run away but needs to keep healing after the target is revived. -> If Mercy doesn't choose her resurrect target properly, both she and the target get be more easily killed.

Terrible Idea.
What about you revive a Tracer with 75hp? lol
Hell no.
11/09/2017 10:07 AMPosted by KafuuChino
Suggestion:
Health reducing options are a bad plan. The only good rez targets would be tanks, everyone else would be extra squishy and would be easy to kill right as they respawn post-rez.
11/09/2017 08:23 AMPosted by Essedus
You have people who don't even play mercy telling you to revert the changes. Everyone knows this rework was a failure and doesn't want it.

And THAT is saying something.
11/07/2017 10:49 PMPosted by Puroseki
11/07/2017 10:44 PMPosted by Riddahast
about the jeff interview concerning mercy :
from all i get, what the dev want to avoid with mass rez is the fact it can erase all 6 enemy ult (hyperbole, he only mentioned 2 ult play, but the condition when more ult is in play might happen) with one ult, agreed, that's overpowered (on a very good day I do made two or three enemy ult totally wasted).
Here's the problem with this logic of thinking though... it isn't overpowered. If the enemy team brainlessly throws out every ult they have and not a single one of them killed the Mercy? They deserve to be punished. Either one of them should have killed Mercy, or they should have saved two or three ults for the rez that they could predict would happen. Mercy was never overpowered. Revert, please.
Please DO NOT push this PTR version to live for another month to get more stats and feedback before you consider another change. I can't stand playing Mercy like this.

Rez needs a REAL NERF! If you are going to keep rez as an ability, it simply can NOT have a cooldown, cast time, movement speed reduction, etc. It will ALWAYS be broken that way. Not to mention if feels even LESS FUN to play Mercy, which is NOT a good direction to push ANY hero. Heroes should be FUN TO PLAY!

I am a Mercy main, crying for a Mercy nerf. This should tell you something. Mercy is the reason why I bought Overwatch, but playing Mercy has been absolutely terrible these last few months.

Playing Mercy isn't "playing" at all. It is now a chore. A mandatory task if you want to win. Its not fun. I am forced to pick Mercy all the time. I love her...but no hero should feel mandatory.

Even with the addition of Moira, it still doesn't change anything. I was just losing in attack Gibraltar match, with Moira healing. 2 "off healers" can't even compare when all you have to do is run a Mercy for the rez. I switched to Mercy and we won because of rez. The "nerfed" version of rez. I managed to land some key rezs on the tank and we won. If I picked ANY other support, we would have lost that match.

Bringing someone back into the game is so STRONG. It doesn't matter how you cast the rez, it is the simple fact that you are bringing someone back into the game that should have been dead. When an ability is THAT strong, do you know what we call it? Ultimate.

Rez 110% NEEDS to go back into ultimate. Keep Valkyrie but add the ability to rez ONLY in Valk form.

IF you keep it an ability the ONLY way I can see it working is the same way ULTIMATES work. Healing to charge up the ability BEFORE you can use it.

Mercy also has no good competition...even with the addition of Moira.

Why would you pick any other healer over Mercy when she can rez, bringing someone vital back into a fight?

Every support hero has utility that is useful to the team.

Mercy = Rez
Lucio = Speed boost
Ana = Sleep dart
Zen = Discord
Sym = Shield gen/Tele
Moira = ...literally no utility unless you consider the damage she deals utility

If rez is an ability, when you compare it to all other supports, it is far superior. To a point where it becomes better in most cases to lose the second support to run another tank or dps.

Could you imagine if Sym could place a single charge tele down every 30 seconds what that would do to her pick rate? Because thats what Mercy is right now... a damn teleporter.

Listen. People didn't like the old rez because it forced Mercy players to hide and fly in for a 5 man rez. It was annoying. For everyone. Including the Mercy. Valkyrie is a very positive change for Mercy. Its fun. You can fly! You dont have to hide. Its a great change. Rez is now single target which also makes Mercy more skillful. Also a good change.

But on the other hand this new rez has caused more stress and headaches than the entire old Mercy kit.

Why not combine the best of both worlds. Make it so Mercy can ONLY REZ DURING VALKYRIE. Give her 5 SINGLE TARGET, INSTANT CAST, MELEE RANGE, REZ CHARGES!

This way, Mercy can still get the big "HUGE REZ" moment when she could rez 5 players. Rez becomes predictable now. Which is what the current cast time, movement speed reduction nerf is trying to accomplish anyway. (its trying to give an opportunity to the enemy team to stop rez from happening) Reduce the time in Valkyrie form to 15 seconds. Increase the ultimate charge. Make an internal cooldown on the rez 2 seconds so she can't spam rez 5 people that died in a grav.

Mercy now has the ability to rez but its locked inside of the ult which is 100% easier to balance.

This also opens the window for some creative freedom from the devs to give Mercy a new "E" ability if they feel its needed. The main focus of Mercy is suppose to be 1) healing 2) mobility and 3) rezzing. Give Mercy a secondary movement ability perhaps. Maybe some vertical movement. "Soul Flare" has always been a popular choice. Mercy shooting up a flare with her pistol that becomes a static Guardian Angel target, lasting for 30 seconds or so. This also pairs well with her current ability Guardian Angel very nicely and ties the whole kit together.

Overall... I think removing any ultimate from ANY hero and making it a lesser version of itself as an ability is a terrible idea. Imagine 30 second cooldown, single target Deadeye? A miny Pulse Bomb every 30 seconds? Swinging your Dragonblade once every 30 seconds?

Bad ideas.

Please dont push this version of Mercy to live. Keep her on the PTR UNTIL you get it right. This OPAF slug version of Mercy is unbalanced and more importantly is NOT FUN.
11/08/2017 11:26 AMPosted by LunasaysMeow
I remember the feeling I'd get, flying around the map in the midst of battle, healing my teammates. My intuition would tell me they'd be hitting us with ults soon so I'd take cover (still healing behind cover, not going off to hide) and just trying to heal my teammates through the barrage of ults, eventually most of them would die.

At that point the flankers would usually notice me by then and they'd try to take me down, I'd quickly whip out my pistol and try to defend myself, dodging bullets and sometimes successfully killing the enemy Genji or Tracer.

Then I'd fly in while still dodging death, and successfully Rez my team Heroes never die!.

Ofc I didn't ALWAYS survive that situation, or be able to pull off a rez but when I did...Man the thrill I'd feel..the adrenaline rush I'd feel during those events. It would be so much fun and it'd feel rewarding to pull off, even if we'd end up losing the match.

Sure you can argue that Mercy hasn't really changed, that Mercy still plays the same. But for some reason I just don't find her rework as fun or rewarding as the old Mercy. Even when her rez had the 10s CD during Valkyrie...The thrill I'd feel is just gone with new Mercy. And I truly miss those times.

I wish the devs would revert Mercy.

Many of us have given great suggestions, ideas and ways of tweaking old Mercy. Keeping her GA the way it is currently would be great. And maybe adding Valkyrie to her E. I think Mercy can become much more balanced and fun if they were to implement the changes I mentioned, tweaked up ofc. But this is just all my opinion.

I'd like to hear your opinions on this and maybe if you'd like to share your stories about the great times you had with old Mercy! :3

Ty for reading!
10/17/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Lylirra
Hey everyone,

Following today's patch ([url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759339261"]1.16.0.2 v40570[/url]), we've seen an increase in threads sharing feedback about Mercy's recent hero balance updates, detailed below.

To help consolidate these conversations and provide a consistent place for players to voice their thoughts and opinions, we've created this dedicated feedback thread. If you have feedback you'd like to share regarding the latest changes to Mercy (or about Mercy's kit in general), please post it here.

[url="https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mercy/"]Mercy[/url]
  • Guardian Angel
    • Players can now glide past a targeted ally using the jump key
    • Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated
  • Valkyrie
      • No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown
      • Now gives players a bonus resurrection charge

Developer Comments: Valkyrie no longer resets or reduces Resurrect’s cooldown. Instead, it now provides an extra 'charge,' allowing you to revive an ally even if it is still on cooldown. If the bonus charge hasn’t been spent when Valkyrie ends, it will be removed.

This method makes Resurrect more flexible when used with Valkyrie. For example, in the past if you wanted to resurrect two teammates, you had to revive the first target, then activate Valkyrie (causing the Resurrect’s cooldown to reset), and then revive the other target. With this change, you can now activate Valkyrie and fly in quickly to resurrect both targets instantly.

However, this still reduces the overall number of Resurrects that Mercy can provide, since Valkyrie no longer reduces its cooldown.

A few additional notes:
    • One-off threads will likely be locked and redirected to this thread
    • Posts NOT related to Mercy feedback will be removed from this thread
    • Inappropriate or harassing posts (i.e. using profanity, calling out devs or other players, being hostile) will also be removed from this thread and, depending on the severity of the post itself, its author penalized
    • If the frequency of incoming feedback posts about Mercy's changes lessens, this dedicated thread will be removed and new player threads can resume as normal
    • This thread may not receive a response from development, but its contents and conversations will be closely monitored by the Overwatch team

Thank you so much for your assistance! And, as always, thank you for working with us and helping us make Overwatch as fun and enjoyable as possible.

For more information about our forum posting guidelines, [url="https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744265634#post-1"]click here[/url].
    just revert her back! Its not hard neither complcated its just neccesary, stop ignoring everyone and for one time in your lives hear what people have to say!
    10/31/2017 11:49 PMPosted by OmniRex
    Now if we could change Orisa's Ult to a group Fortify id be even more ecstatic.

Or we could have a new hero with a group fortify ult.
    HEY Blizzard revert Mercy back and cap how many people she can ressurect to 2-3. Reduce ultimate charge rate to compensate IF needed.

This solves your issue. All you need is staff with common sense. I suggest recruiting some. Thx
    I just saw a video in which Jeff reviews Overwatch as it was back in the days where petticoats were common, and in it, he remarks on how angry Mercy looked, joking that she was probably mad at him because he nerfed her rez. "Too soon" as he put it himself.

I appreciate the jest and I don't feel offended (actually I thought it was funny ^_^), but I do think it hints at a misunderstanding of what Mercy players - and countless others - are trying to communicate throughout this thread.

We aren't upset because Mercy is being nerfed. We don't -want- Mercy to be broken and overpowered and we recognize that she is. We are upset because the fundamental changes to her kit have made Mercy a lot less fun for us.

A large part of the charm Mercy had was that she was a quiet support who makes the other players perform better while not being very heroic herself, not scoring kills, working entirely in service to her team... but with the option that every once in a while, not very often, but sometimes, we would be able to change the tide of the game by pulling off a big rez. It felt -amazing-, our teams loved us for it, and it made all the hard work - and even the abuse aimed in our direction - worth it. I still look back with fondness to my old highlight on occasion.

I think that old Mercy - more than any other hero - embodied the epitome of what an Ultimate was supposed to be, and it is entirely what made me love Overwatch, as I explained in my first ever post on the forum.

The new incarnations of Mercy haven't even come close to capturing any of the wonder she used to have. She feels like a shell of her former self. And abuse against Mercy players has only increased, despite Blizzards efforts to reduce overall toxicity. Which is why so many Mercy players quit playing her. It's just no longer worth it.

At this point, I don't believe there is any way to make Mercy's current incarnation work in a way that captures what we loved about her, no matter how much she is buffed or nerfed. It isn't her power level that's the problem, its her fun level.

That's why I believe we should revert Mercy back to her old self, when she was wonderful and fun and we all loved her. Jeff, I thought your joke about Mercy looking angry was funny. And if you revert Mercy today, I promise you... it won't be "too soon"