[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Oct 17, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 154 155 156 177 Next
I'll have to brush up on Ana again but I really want to get my hands on Moira. She was going to be my secondary support next to Mercy but looks like I'll main Moira with Ana as back up. I may even revert back to tank with D.va and Zarya and a little off-tank called Mei. Definitely been playing more Junkrat and been getting better with Hanzo but since he's next on the chopping block I'll hold off learning him at all for now.

Thanks to the Junkenstein event I've been actually good at McCree so I'll probably keep training with him in QP and DM for a while before I try him in ranked if I decide to go back to ranked any time soon. Been rusty and just not having fun with all the toxic bullying "Play Mercy" ...

How many of you were forced into Mercy before the rework? And how many after the rework? What was your preferred hero before Mercy?

I was Junkrat main at one time... after his buff been wrecking completely mayhem! Love it! He'll get a nerf for sure though, unfortunately.
THIS is what we go through no matter what we do, right or wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqRJ6G0M65k
11/11/2017 08:53 PMPosted by Kuuppon
So a question to Mercy mains? With the current PTR changes what do you plan to do when/if they go live? A few options from other threads were as follows:

There are some folk who wont play her anymore and are leaving the game.

Others are moving on to Moira or other support.

Some will just go back to their former main before being forced into Mercy.

Others will play her and risk the bullying that will undoubtedly come, but revert to using her ult to rez.

I'm on the fence honestly. Right now I'm planning to try and work around Mercy's nerf, most likely having to hide and rez as I so do, or don't rez at all. Or just switch to another character, such as Tracer, Sombra, Widow, or Hanzo, the mains I wanted to pick from before being kinda forced into Mercy :/
Not sure about pc version but the ps4 has had a huge decline in mercy/support. I decided to not play support anymore due to changes. I played 8 games and 6 out of 8 nobody pick any sort of healer. The game didn't feel like overwatch. Felt more like call of duty where u run in get killed and respawn.

Before the upcoming nerf, there used to be a lot more support. It seem or feels like blizzard is killing the love for support slowly but surely.

R.I.P. support
11/12/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Prozac
The game didn't feel like overwatch. Felt more like call of duty where u run in get killed and respawn.

!!! I've been having a bad feeling when playing overwatch as of late and this kinda puts it into words! I've never even played CoD. It feel's like most of the abilities now are just there for the kill. I'm not saying DPSwatch, it's just that now that I think about it nearly everyone is just rushing in to go on a rampage. Most non-offensive characters like Mei aren't seeing that much play as far as I can see :/
So a question to Mercy mains? With the current PTR changes what do you plan to do when/if they go live? A few options from other threads were as follows:

Others will play her and risk the bullying that will undoubtedly come, but revert to using her ult to rez.

I really took my decision long time ago and I don't regret it, although I would like to play the game again and enjoy my Mercy, who I can't see anywhere by now, only a grotesque bride of Junkenstein's monster, dull, boring and in a state of beta version (yes, I quitted the game when the rework hit).

In Spain we have a popular saying, "La letra con sangre entra". I don't know if you have it too, but the literal translation would be "The letter with blood enters". It means that sometimes you have to suffer for learn something. That's what Blizzard needs now. They are making all Mercy players to suffer freely, and then lying with a "Hey! But they are playing her, so they are happy". Funny fact that after saying that more and more people came to the forums to write for their first time. Blizzard should know what they do with their characters, and Mercy is the living proof of this atrocity. We have learnt, we can't trust them anymore, because they are lying us all the time using fallacies and generic phrases, and they are blatlanty ignoring us. Maybe when they begin to suffer (but really, not only having to work once again on more nerfs), they will begin to understand. Then, maybe they will start to listen us and then the changes will be directed in a right direction. However, this can take for a long time, but when it will happen, I'll be back.

Of course, there is a B option, that is by some miracle having a good PTR with good changes like some of which we suggested, but I really doubt that.
Check out this video, he plays the current ptr Mercy in the second round. While doing well with her it still looks clunky and you can see the struggle Mercy makes for rez. This is PVP a Junkrat main playing her and he's doing decent but still dying a lot.

Course they're playing all supports but these are top 500 players.

https://youtu.be/8hvVbhXs1yk
You erased a part of Mercy with her Heroes Never Die.
You've killed the epic part of the character.

Heroes Never Die = Mercy.
You haven't found a better Ultimate line cause " Heroes Never Die " was so good, and the only thing u did was Copy past the same sentence she says when u start the battle after picking her. That is so lazy.

You reworked her after 1 year, when every mercy mains get used to her. And she was so bad that she was one of the most played hero in the beta and after.
How can u change a character so much considering is so popular like her ? She was the hero the most played during beta. I remember.

I don't mind heroes that are almost never played and need complete rework. But this is not the case.

But you still reworked her. Knowing u will make people who likes Mercy angry.

And you completely don't care cause it's a success for you.

It's not like Diva with the nerf of her matrix from 4s to 2s, You completly changed Mercy ultimate with the Orisa treatment : Let's pick some things about others heroes and use it altogether and here is your ultimate. It's cheap and DEJA VU !

Ressurect was Far better and Iconic. That's why it was her ultimate ! No others heroes have it. It's what make Mercy unique, and not her mobility. Lucio got that mobility. Zenyatta got that massive heal that make them special. Pharah got that flying jetpack.

Why are you destroying unique abilities to make them cheap ?

Why ressurect becomes, suddenly a problem after 1 year ? It's all your fault if u got that angry messages everywhere on the forum, cause u let people love and play a character during 1 year and you change everything. It's not even nerfing like a roadhog hook, it's completly changing her character design because Suddenly it feels bad for you.

How about we change Pharah ultimate line and her ultimate, cause she's dying quickly before doing any damage, And we know she's a POPULAR Hero but we don't care.

Don't u think people who plays that character during 1 year will be suddenly angry cause you changed her ultimate, and her line ?

It's not like Mercy was so bad or broke the game.

I'm afraid there will be many reworks in the future, and it won't be the Overwatch i loved during beta. It won't be the Overwatch i bought.

And Slowly Overwatch lose his magic because heroes are changed too much. They're just shadows of what they used to be.
Does anyone know of other games with Mercyv1.0-like heroes?
So along with the rework, they’ve completely removed the ressurection lines for when you Ressurect someone.

Like Genji’s ”You rescued me again, Doctor Ziegler!” Line? Lines like those? Are completely deactivated. I rezzed Genji close to 50+ times and he never said anything.

That, along with the Pharah/Mercy ”Keep the Skies Clear” interaction is one of the only ones not functioning correctly at the moment. Every single other interaction I’ve heard works just fine.
Her ult just feels so lackluster. They purposely over saturated it to make it feel useful, but in my opinion it was a failure of a rework. Ive tried to play it and some of the abilities have grown on me, but my opinion still stands. I love ga bounce, its really helpful and I personally feel like ga and the momentum buff is all the mobility she needs. The flying feels cheap and a bit much. The 30sec rez is just broken, and clearly they dont want us using it ingame because of all the nerfs. The chainheals however is nice, but Id much rather have it as a 2nd ability on a long cd. Just wish rez was an ult again.

Mercy used to be balanced. Hide and seek 5man rezzes happened at high elos, and it was easily countered because they were smart enough to hold ults for Mercy rez. I had plenty of Zaryas hold grav until after I rezzed. Her playstyle was strategic and required a lot of mental skill. Now its just pathetic. I used to worry about ults so I could save my team. Now I just worry about ults so I can save myself since I counter nothing.
i was just playing Ana, got Mercy down to under half HP, slept the Doom next to her...and what does our Hog do? ignores Mercy and goes to kill Doom cause why not. SHE WAS STANDING THERE. but yeah, Mercy is OP, it's totally not that half of you whiners are more concerned about getting easy kills [i.e. sleeping Doom] than doing your freaking job.

That being said, I can't wait for something to happen cause seeing Mercy every match while everyone else ignores her is boring af.
11/12/2017 05:48 AMPosted by NotäWeeb
I used to worry about ults so I could save my team. Now I just worry about ults so I can save myself since I counter nothing.

^This^
well said.
I still try to use Valkyrie in Ult fights, with the pointless hope to discover a way to counter other Ult's with it, but It's literally impossible. I tried so many different things. Waiting for the Ults to be over (no one alive), healing from the distance, resing right at the start of the Ult confrontation, dmg buffing the team, hell even battle Mercy (what i hate to do) and more. All Ultimates in the game have the ability to counter or compete others or at least can force them to fall back.
Valkyrie is only for the normal teamfight usefull and even in that you can get easily killed by almost anything.
Valkyrie is no Overwatch Ultimate, it does not belong to this game... at least not as weak and boring as it is right now.

I'm going to try DPS for a change. At least then I won't have to worry too much about having my character changed every other week.
Honestly, I don’t much care for the new changes for Mercy. I like Valkyrie, and when it first came out it was really handy and I was still able to get some good rez’s In and it be valuable to the team.
I haven’t had a chance to really try out her changes in the ptr, but the cast time and slowed mobility seems too much. Mercy is already a high priority target, and now with these changes, it will basically be the mercy player giving up their life in exchange for the player they’re rezzing, unless that player died while in the back lines.

Honestly, I’d like to have the old ultimate back by this point. If there are characters in the game that can kill an entire team, I think there should be a character that can counter that and bring back the team.
11/12/2017 07:24 AMPosted by Brawl
11/12/2017 05:48 AMPosted by NotäWeeb
I used to worry about ults so I could save my team. Now I just worry about ults so I can save myself since I counter nothing.

^This^
well said.
I still try to use Valkyrie in Ult fights, with the pointless hope to discover a way to counter other Ult's with it, but It's literally impossible. I tried so many different things. Waiting for the Ults to be over (no one alive), healing from the distance, resing right at the start of the Ult confrontation, dmg buffing the team, hell even battle Mercy (what i hate to do) and more. All Ultimates in the game have the ability to counter or compete others or at least can force them to fall back.
Valkyrie is only for the normal teamfight usefull and even in that you can get easily killed by almost anything.
Valkyrie is no Overwatch Ultimate, it does not belong to this game... at least not as weak and boring as it is right now.

Im just really disappointed with this iteration of Mercy. If they arent gonna revert, then I would want to atleast see another rework. A 1.75 cast time with a 75% slow isnt fun at all. You can nolonger use rez in a team fight. It can only be used after the fight has been won or if someone died in the backline before the fight happened.

I would always wait until the enemy team had wasted most of their ults before hand to use valk, that way I wouldnt risk dying to s76 or a d.va bomb while flying, but now Ill be forced to use valk early to rez those picks. Ill be horribly out of position and will most likely die before even getting to use my ult fully.

On another note, does anyone else feel as if valking and rezzing people gets more of your teammates killed then before because you werent able to heal while rezzing. I dive in to rez a Rein and then 2 other ppl die from no heals. And if I heal instead of rez then we continue to stay a man down :/
Honestly it looks like Blizzard is sticking to their guns with these changes and I'm going to be dropping Mercy for good unless they actually fix her. I'll be with Lucio and Moria for the rest of this season and maybe some Dva depending on the match. I'm just so tired of dealing with this mess but I'm not going to give up on Mercy being fixed properly.

I want Overwatch and Blizzard to succeed and it's frustrating to see something you care about screw up so badly and try to defend their actions by saying that this was a success. You know it wasn't a success and this charade you have going on isn't fooling anyone. That's why a lot of people stopped playing because you don't know how to balance a hero without completely butchering them and leaving them in a worse state than before. I'm disappointed in you Blizzard because I know you're capable of doing better and yet you keep insisting this is the right direction. Maybe if you implimented this rework during the first months of the game we wouldn't even have this thread, but the game's been out too long and that's why there's been such a pushback. Just admit that this was a mistake and revert Mercy; then go on from there.
Come to think of it this whole Mercy drama in being going for how many weeks already? I think this is the longest period one character had to suffer constant changes in history of this game. Even butchering of Roadhog took less time. Blizzard should understand than community is tired and sick of this endless reworks. I do not care anymore, just stop at some point already. Buff her, nerf her, delete her from this freaking game... Just do something and stop - give your words some meaning. Because of how dumb this PTR iteration is now, I can guarantee that we will have another change. So be prepared for ANOTHER 4-5 weeks of this.

Let It Go.
Mercy has really screwed up this game!
People who main healers like Ana or Lucio are being threatened into either playing mercy or risk being reported!
https://youtu.be/otsbBliY6q4

At time stamp 6:28 watch how the Mercy is just stuck in her animation for rez. She literally stuck with her hand in the air for a free kill. Given the player probably shouldnt have rez'd there but the fact remains she's just sitting there.