[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Oct 17, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 69 70 71 177 Next
10/26/2017 11:40 PMPosted by sombra
10/26/2017 11:25 PMPosted by Kihti

In my opinion Nano Boost is a bit boring but it's still a quite strong enabler.

But we weren't talking about Nano Boost, we were talking about Mercy and Zen.
mercy ult is better than zen. it way better than ana ult. mercy is way better than ana now.

Not really, you can't counter another offensive ult with a mercy ult but you can with a zen ult. They have different uses. Mercy's ult works more as a crutch for the entire team for 20s to tilt individual fights in one way or another. Not as a counter to any ult in the game.
10/26/2017 10:54 PMPosted by GenjisWife
Oh good the new developer update is nothing but Esports bull!@#$
God I hope OWL fails.

tbh at this point, SAME.

idk how they fail to realize that if people stop wanting to play the stupid game, we won't certainly wanna watch it. like, why would I wanna watch something that annoys me to the point of not playing anymore? :/

also, like I said, if you keep your team alive, you don't need res. meaning, if you buff Ana so that she doesn't need a baby sitter 24/7 [which is her biggest problem right now] AND give us more healers, preferably someone who is easier to pick up and be consistent with, unlike Ana, Mercy's pick rate will most likely go back to normal.

I mean, we have Mercy who is easier to be useful with than Ana, and these 2 are the only ones theoretically capable of solo healing....so who are you gonna pick? we need more variety, idk why they keep pretending 2 main healers is enough.

Also, as long as they keep making damage dealers more fun to play, we'll be stuck with solo healer comps. Like, some people still play Ana cause they find her more fun....even in this state. Idk what more do they need to realize what the main problems are :/
Hello forum!

So, we have a character with a Mass Pick rate that breaks the entire balance in addition to having 7 Abilities.
I think to return the mash to the initial form does not make sense, since it annoyed or the enemy team flying around the corner reviving 5 allies
and remained unpunished due to Invulnerability - (As for me undeservedly added ability to it). Either immediately dying annoying his allies.

Then followed the rework of the Character Making her indestructible - literally. She received a phenomenal flight speed of Mass Treatment and Reinforcement.

Then why are there characters in the game such as Zenytta with Mass Treatment, Lucio with speed, Orisa with her Strength and Ana capable of curing his whole team?
If some of their abilities can be replaced One character that has
SEVEN! , the whole seven !! abilities. At the same time on Mersey it is unnecessary to learn to play with the team, that is, to know your position in the game as it is -
Zenytta, Lucio, Orisa, Ana and, in principle, almost all the characters in the game.
You just need to be somewhere behind or a team with a fast DPS before the battle starts.

I think the situation can be corrected:

Reducing the duration of the "Valkyrie" - 12, a maximum of 15 seconds.
Decreased healing.
Increase the rollback "flight" - 3, a maximum of 4 seconds.
The impossibility of amplification in the "Valkyrie"
Another possibility is to lead a beam of treatment like Zara or Chotyaby of Symmetra (not considering the fact that Simers ray is stronger).

So I can take a Balanced Healer with my positioning and skill in the game.

PS This is just my opinion about this character and this situation in the game.
I didn't read that Jeff's note, but it seems to be another disaster on the giant list of Mercy's disasters. Valkirie is bad designed and is !@#$ing boring. Rez is Mercy. I don't know what game are you playing, devs, but it's not Overwatch.

Did someone remember when somebody in the original PTR forum said that if they keep changing and gutting constantly the characters only for the ESPORT, they would have only their ESPORTs playing and no one else? It seems that they are trying to achieve that.

P.S.: Revert Mercy. With each change you are getting ALL your players more upset. This is not a joke. It stopped having fun long time ago.
Ok, read it. Exactly what I thought. Another bull!@#$ change that will only make Mercy worse to play...
10/27/2017 01:37 AMPosted by Lithy
Ok, read it. Exactly what I thought. Another bull!@#$ change that will only make Mercy worse to play...

i wish they would actually read this thread for a change -_-
even if they don't wanna revert her, there were some really good suggestions how to combine elements from before and after rework, keep res tied to ult, make her fun to play useful and not overwhelming. but nah, gotta work on those esports....

like i said,idk who they think is gonna watch if so many people get bored to the point of not wanting to even play the game.
Since this has become relevant again, here my suggestion from 5. October.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759158029#post-1

I think most people will agree that current Mercy is in a need of a nerf due to being a mandatory pick on the live servers.
Blizzard reacted and removed her rez reset and cooldown reduction in Valkyrie.
Is that the right approach?
I think tweaking her solo rez goes into the right direction, but heavily nerfing the Ult part of it is not the way to go. Even if you could possibly balance her that way to make it balanced, its certainly not fun to play. Every player wants that his Ult feels impactful. Valkyrie after this nerf arguebly is not fun . Of course thats a subjective matter, but i think judging by the overall emotional reaction in the community, i feel this is a safe assumption to make.

My suggestion:
Solo rez no longer runs on cooldown, but runs on Ult charge.
You need to "pay" a certain amount of Ult charge, like 25% for exampel.
What this does is that Mercy doesnt get a tempo rez for free at the start of the game, but has to earn it. Not only that, she has to make decisions like what is more important, getting your Ult fast, or reviving a key teammember.

This increases her skill ceiling and makes her arguebly more engaging to play.
But its not just a straight nerf, there is a buff part to it as well. If you farmed 50% Ult charge you can decide to rez 2 targets in quick succession. Since it has no cooldown. Whats also possible is if you got Ult, to not use it at all ,but rez 4 targets.

Of course this would need some tweaking for Valkyrie.
- duration of Valkyrie reduced to 8 seconds
- during the duration of Valkyrie she gets rez every 2 seconds, but revives only with half health.
- She can heal and damage boost her team at the same time.

This is my take on it. Any kind of feedback from Mercy players is always welcome.
10/26/2017 06:21 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We've been discussing the state of the Mercy rework a lot and listening to all of the feedback. Overall, we feel like the new direction for Mercy is much better for both Mercy and non-Mercy players. But we do feel like she's too dominant right now. In particular, we feel like the resurrect ability is changing the tone of the game to a degree which is simply too powerful. As such, we're experimenting with different toned-down versions of the ability. After all, resurrect is no longer an ultimate and is now an on-cooldown ability so it needs to be less powerful. I know that you're going to want more details but we're nearing a point with internal iteration where we feel comfortable putting something on the PTR soon. We'd rather have you play the changes than theorycraft them.

This thread, which you created especially for feedback on Mercy, was explicitly stated you would be "closely monitored by the Overwatch team".

In the past hundreds of posts, after almost 13.000 total, most people appear to be coming to the conclusion that the best solution to this is to revert Mercy to 1.0 and rebalance her from there.

Yet the post here seems to indicate a very much opposite direction. Rather than returning Mercy's ult, you seem to be moving much further away from it, nerfing rez more.

Now, maybe I am wrong and your new approach will indeed bring a Mercy that can give Mercy players our "Eichenwald moments" (see https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758776301?page=134#post-2679 for details), while also balancing the number of ressurects coming from her E.

But to be entirely fair, I sincerely doubt Mercy can be balanced with rez on E while it still has an impact, and that's not a comment on the dev team, that's just an observation of the nature of reality. And my concern is that Mercy's rez will be toned down to a point where it is nothing but a memory of her old kit, an echo from the past that's left in there as a symbolic gesture to those who used to play her, while leaving her as just a healer who does nothing else of note.
10/27/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Mercury
This thread, which you created especially for feedback on Mercy, was explicitly stated you would be "closely monitored by the Overwatch team".

In the past hundreds of posts, after almost 13.000 total, most people appear to be coming to the conclusion that the best solution to this is to revert Mercy to 1.0 and rebalance her from there.

You're mistake here is thinking this thread is at all representative of the majority of the Community.

They take feedback from everywhere. However, this thread has been heavily biased and represents a very small amount of Overwatch players.
If rez is too powerful as a cooldown ability, why not just make it an ultimate again? Why not just try rez as an ult and valk as an E?

Also, maybe Mercy wouldn't be picked so much if she weren't the only consistent/reliable main healer.
Lol
It's funny to see how this game is a completely mess right now :,)
Gj Dev Team, you are doing great ^^
10/27/2017 03:38 AMPosted by Toasty
They take feedback from everywhere. However, this thread has been heavily biased and represents a very small amount of Overwatch players.

Name one place where I can give feedback, which represents a majority of players and which isn't "heavily biased".

This thread was explicitly designated as the place to give feedback on Mercy by Blizzard's Community Manager. Moreover, Blizzard further enforces feedback being given here, in this thread specifically and not elsewhere else, by actively deleting and locking other threads.

Ignoring the feedback in the place you designated in favour of some somehow magically unbiased "other place" that somehow magically -does- represent the majority of players is a slap in the face of the people who stick to the rules and post where they are supposed to. Which is -exactly- the concern I raised to begin with.
10/27/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Mercury

With all respect for your opinion, but I think It's not that simple. Those who disliked new Mercy come to this thread more frequently than the others. It's how forums works overall: if you are happy, you have not much reason to come here (except some eventual blue post).

It's really hard to use the "most people", "the majority" card or something like that based only on our perception of the thread. Have you seen the Roadhog thread? People still saying he's unplayable there, even after he's being fairly used in all ranks (and not being a obligatory choice like Mercy nowadays). And don't you dare post there that you think Road is fine right now, you'll be hated and downvoted. As you can't say here in this thread you liked the new Mercy but think she needs a tune down, you will be downvoted too, as you can see in the past pages.

I'm not saying you're wrong in your opinion, there's no right or wrong in balancing, it's only perception. I just wanted to note that "we as a whole decided this" is, as balancing, perception.
I'm a bit late to this as I've been doing a lot of offline things. Well the last dev update is a sad state of affairs. I've tried to get into the updated Mercy, i really have, but they keep making her worse, the worse and worse-r. This is hog level nerfing x 10 billion. Hog didn't lose his ult.

They've no idea what to do. Rez could never be an E and never should have. Old Mercy just needed a tweak or two, but not this.

I swear if they expect people to stand on the corpse for 5 to 10 seconds to rez someone in a damage interruptable cast and only bring characters back with a small % of their health then they've good as completely killed her.
10/27/2017 03:44 AMPosted by Infernal
If rez is too powerful as a cooldown ability, why not just make it an ultimate again? Why not just try rez as an ult and valk as an E?

Also, maybe Mercy wouldn't be picked so much if she weren't the only consistent/reliable main healer.

they could even combine Valk and multi res as an ult, maybe not res five people at once but 1 by one and shorten the duration, something in that direction like....best of both worlds i guess...but from experience so far, i'm almost certain that they will ruin her and people will still play her in lower ranks and higher ranks will go back to Lucio/Zen till they finally get bored or something.

i guess what i wanna say is, idk why they're constantly trying to push the same thing back and forth when they could try something in a slightly different direction...no one is forcing them to push anything past PTR servers tbh.
And Mercy is gonna nerfed again into the ground.

But buffing other heroes maybe?
Oh good, time to bust out the vodka again to say good bye to all my hard work trying to relearn my main for the next competitive season. Just admit it Jeff, you didn't go through this thread at all; you just have someone shove us in here so we can just scream into the void while you give your doting attention to your Esports scene that's literally going to be South Korea dominating everyone like last year.

Yes I sound bitter, but I think I have some right to be when a hero I play is being nerfed into the ground after the development team screwed up with her reworks when in reality she only needed a few minor adjustments. Now we're at this mess and I don't know if I want to keep playing if this is continues.
10/27/2017 05:09 AMPosted by Weenie
Thats actually a good idea. Remove rez on cooldown and make it so that when mercy ults she gains an e ability with 2 rez charges.

see, even that i'd like to try out...people have wrote a bunch of variations on this yet they insist on keeping res as an E which, let's face it, while it's fun to use, i doubt they can ever balance it to not be either super powerful or just complete garbage.

Tbh i'd prefer if they combine res with Valk cause you could have 2 ults in 1 basically....and I personally never like the idea of a healer that got their max value if her team died...so this way you could use ult for more things, and you also could avoid the oh so dreaded hide and res... i mean, i dunno, i honestly don't even know if they even read anything that's being said here tbh...it sucks.
press F to pay respects for Mercy,it was nice knowing you...

Overall, we feel like the new direction for Mercy is much better for both Mercy and non-Mercy players
I do wonder where they are getting this,i see nothing but complaints from both mercy lovers and haters.

she is better,yes,but boring as sin!

I have been refusing to pick mercy ever since valkyrie has been settling in and i had enough experience with it. Mercy's days as a hero with powerful feeling moments is gone.