[Feedback Thread] Mercy Updates - Oct 17, 2017

General Discussion
Prev 1 88 89 90 177 Next
This thread has been incredibly Toxic and biased.

You seem to think that your opinions on Mercy and her changes are the majority's, but you couldn't be more wrong. Most people don't think reverting Mercy is the solution. Most people agree with Jeff.
You guys can't see this because you're in an Echo chamber filled with Mercy players.

Worse than that, because of your blindness of other people's opinions, you have attacked people constantly.
You've attacked multiple members of the development team(which gave you Mercy in the first place) and you've also attacked multiple personalities in the community.

The fact that you have done all this, but still think that you should be listened to over others when it comes to Mercy changes, is delusional.

Now, feel free to downvote me for not having the same opinion as your echo chamber, and for pointing out your toxicity.
10/31/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Deprece
There is one more question we would like answered... Scatter Arrow... Is that a problem you guys are looking into or is it OK as is?

We've been talking about scatter arrow since 2014... it's always been controversial. The claim that it takes "no skill" is not really fair. It's a well placed shot. It just happens to do a lot of damage and doesn't feel particularly good to be on the receiving end of (especially if you're someone like Orisa). The fantasy of shooting into someone's feet is clearly not what we were going for but that's where we're at right now.

In his current state, if you just nerfed Scatter, Hanzo would be pretty anemic. If anything he needs some help right now. So it's tricky with Hanzo. He's being heavily discussed right now.

Aiming scatter arrow at the ground is the way someone plays Hanzo
Hiding and using res was the way people played Mercy

Can you explain why some heroes get nerfs/re-works based on the way people play? Not if an ability is OP but simply the way in which people choose to play the hero to get the most value out of them.

I thought the explanation of why Mercy got re-worked didn't make much sense. You said "She devalues a team wipe by hiding and using res". She hid to get the most value out of her ult. But so does several heroes. McCree has to hide to get the most value out of dead eye. Reaper has to hid to get an effective death blossom.

I could go on about the other damaged based heroes that need to hide to get value out of their ult. Why did Mercy have to be fully re-worked to eliminate it?
How can Jeff still be ok with the Mercy changes? Like wtf is he blind? No offense - but people start hating on this game just because of the Mercy rework (supports, tanks and dps players alike).
And then he comes forward with the old "buuuuut Mercys old playstyle was bad" excuse. Just change how the Resurrect Ultimate works instead of changing Mercy as a character!
Jeff, are you seriously happy with Valkyrie as an ultimate? There is literally no difference between a bronze and a gm Mercy when her ult is active! You just hold down leftclick! And this comes from a Mercy main who is currently playing in Masters and who has been GM once. The old Rez Ultimate requiered good timing, game knowledge, and Guardian Angel was key to her kit as her most important ability for survival! Her new ult basically says "do whatever you want" in a really boring way.

I can't and I will NEVER understand Jeff being so against us - the people who actually play this character. It's a shame how little the dev team cares about good points we bring up. They just won't admit that they made a mistake with that rework.
Overwatch is loosing more and more players each day for a reason Jeff! Closing your eyes and pretending everything you guys did was fine won't change anything for the better!
tbh I wish them all the luck in the world right now...balancing res as an E is really not easy so, they're gonna need it...tho I'm slightly less interested now, out of purely selfish reasons and that is the fact that they're buffing Ana's damage, which is hella awesome, so I can't be too mad right now D:
10/31/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Toasty
Most people don't think reverting Mercy is the solution. Most people agree with Jeff.

[/quote]

Got some stats to back this statement up?

You seem to think that your opinions on Mercy and her changes are the majority's, but you couldn't be more wrong. Most people don't think reverting Mercy is the solution. Most people agree with Jeff.
You guys can't see this because you're in an Echo chamber filled with Mercy players.

Worse than that, because of your blindness of other people's opinions, you have attacked people constantly.
You've attacked multiple members of the development team(which gave you Mercy in the first place) and you've also attacked multiple personalities in the community.

The fact that you have done all this, but still think that you should be listened to over others when it comes to Mercy changes, is delusional.

Now, feel free to downvote me for not having the same opinion as your echo chamber, and for pointing out your toxicity.

I'll upvote you, because I agree. But I don't think it will be enough haha.

Changes for Mercy were needed, I don't disagree with that. However these changes were in the wrong direction and the fact that the devs seem to only listen to pro players who hardly touch support could be seen as biased as well. What makes their opinion worth more than another pro support player? It's like asking a Pharah player their opinion on Zenyatta, even though they hardly touch him; it just doesn't make sense.

There's some of us in here who have offered viable solutions to these changes to make Mercy enjoyable and engaging to play again and we don't even know if the devs have even looked at this thread. We didn't ask to be thrown into an echo chamber; we were forced to be put in one because the mods kept deleting and locking threads pertaining to the Mercy changes.

I'm not attacking the devs, I'm frustrated at them and at the very toxic community we have that absolutely hates Mercy and anyone who plays her. It's hard for us not to be angry when these things are happening and we're in the minority of players who play support. We've been forced into this thanks to the very devs that keep adding dps heroes to this game when we desperately need another healer. We don't have the range of options like dps players do and when our very small cast gets major changes, we have some right to be upset.

As for personalities, they have a loud voice and in turn they can influence their audience to think a certain way. I couldn't care less what they say but they should take into account that their words can be used to attack other people.
10/31/2017 12:02 PMPosted by JonCrane
Most people don't think reverting Mercy is the solution. Most people agree with Jeff.

Got some stats to back this statement up?[/quote]
to be honest, none of us has any stats....aside from the few people on the forums which, to be honest are the minority of the playerbase. Most people stay silent and just...play the game. just sayin' c:
10/31/2017 12:09 PMPosted by TrashLord
10/31/2017 12:02 PMPosted by JonCrane

to be honest, none of us has any stats....aside from the few people on the forums which, to be honest are the minority of the playerbase. Most people stay silent and just...play the game. just sayin' c:[/quote]

I know toasty didn't have stats. I was being sarcastic. He was saying majority of the people agree that Mercy shouldn't be reverted. To which I ask "how do you know that?". They don't have a way to track player opinions. I personally would like Mercy 1.0 back and have her tweaked a bit. But I also know my opinion of wanting her reverted doesn't speak for the 35 million+ people that play this game.
10/31/2017 12:09 PMPosted by TrashLord
<span class="truncated">...</span>

to be honest, none of us has any stats....aside from the few people on the forums which, to be honest are the minority of the playerbase. Most people stay silent and just...play the game. just sayin' c:

I completely agree with you. I was basing that statement on the reactions to Jeffs post in the other thread, along with the reactions I've seen from the community outside these forums. That being said, I don't have any stats.
I responded that way, because everyone in this thread suggests that the majority dislike the Mercy change, which is also based on no stats. But they've been upvoted for making that statless statement regardless.
10/31/2017 12:15 PMPosted by JonCrane
I know toasty didn't have stats. I was being sarcastic. He was saying majority of the people agree that Mercy shouldn't be reverted. To which I ask "how do you know that?". They don't have a way to track player opinions. I personally would like Mercy 1.0 back and have her tweaked a bit. But I also know my opinion of wanting her reverted doesn't speak for the 35 million+ people that play this game.

my bad then c: but yeah tbh we all have our opinions....but i just think they're making this unnecessarily hard for themselves with sticking with E res...i honestly don't know how they can make it balanced without people crying it's either OP or garbage...aside from maybe not letting us use it right out of spawn door...idk how that would even work out...tbh i wish they gave a biiit more info on that D: i'm actually super curious right now.

10/31/2017 12:18 PMPosted by Toasty
I completely agree with you. I was basing that statement on the reactions to Jeffs post in the other thread, along with the reactions I've seen from the community outside these forums. That being said, I don't have any stats.
I responded that way, because everyone in this thread suggests that the majority dislike the Mercy change, which is also based on no stats. But they've been upvoted for making that statless statement regardless.

aight, ur both proving a point, it's cool ^^ also, people upvote stuff like that i think, simply cause they agree with the reverting thing...a lot of people here would like that the most, simple as that c:

anyway, like i said, i wish them all the luck in balancing this stuff, they're gonna need it imo c:
For The Articles rep from Jeff, I can expected the change will be around the corner of Blizzcon or during, because Season 7 is happening soon and Comp Player needs that change. But My guess is not gonna happen anytime soon because it need to be on PTR first before force it out of the window (because nobody not like to test in PTR anyway)

Now, i'm worried her rez potential.

Well, they decided to rework on the Game support "Core". This is what they get....HATRED!
10/31/2017 12:15 PMPosted by JonCrane

my bad then c: but yeah tbh we all have our opinions....but i just think they're making this unnecessarily hard for themselves with sticking with E res...i honestly don't know how they can make it balanced without people crying it's either OP or garbage...aside from maybe not letting us use it right out of spawn door...idk how that would even work out...tbh i wish they gave a biiit more info on that D: i'm actually super curious right now.

[/quote]

Using res at the spawn door needed to be removed because it was taking advantage of something left in the game. What we can't start doing is taking everything the devs say as gospel. Meaning its okay to disagree and have your own opinions. They think the re-work + nerfs will be better in the long run...and I disagree. I also don't agree with the logic they used to explain why she was getting re-worked in the first place as I posted above in second post on page 89.

They said "Oh, she devalues a team wipe by hiding and using res"

Yet, its fine to hide and use (insert damaged based hero's) ult
Has anyone yet discussed the idea of nerfing rez's heal value? Bringing a target to 75% health instead of full would mean they have disadvantage against an enemy whose healer kept their teammate topped off. It adds some counterplay potential by healers who can keep allies near a rez target at full health, and increases overall the value of healing in comparison to rez (currently outclassing any standard healing by a longshot). Mercy players will have to consider even moreso who and where are safe to rez, and IMO this would bring the skill in line without gutting or reworking it - allowing for rez to be useful mid fight while removing incentive for intentional death.
10/31/2017 12:40 PMPosted by JonCrane
They said "Oh, she devalues a team wipe by hiding and using res"

Yet, its fine to hide and use (insert damaged based hero's) ult

tbh this was my main problem with the rework ever since it happened. it's a bull**** reason. i have had multiple occasions where i'd literally stand either on point, but behind cover, or 5m from the point, still behind cover, cause i'm not dumb enough to get caught in the 4 DPS ults the enemy team decided to waste without checking where the Jesus lady is lol.

aaanyway...i think we all just gotta wait and see what they plan on doing with her next...for once, I am honestly curious cause I'm out of ideas on how to deal with E res [guess that's why i'm not a game designer heh]

I get that there is toxicity in the thread but I think that's a vocal minority and I agree people should try keep their angry comments a bit more civil like. A lot of the posts I've seen though are fair feedback on Mercy changes. I myself suggested some of the nerfs and right now I feel like impact-wise she's at around the same level as before the rework without the big 5 man rezzes, but if they nerf her any more she'll easily be in a worse place than before the rework. Like the ult was meant to be amazing cause rez was the best ult in the game so it needed to rival that in some way. Being able to fly is nice at adding a bit more survivability to Mercy but without some kind of rez it would be the worst ult in the game. Before the rework pretty much everyone said that Mercy was very weak and not that great with her value nearly all in her amazing ult. It's understandable that Mercy main's feel that if you get rid of the best part of why people play Mercy then you have to give something else but if it's just flying then that sucks.

I think if they must nerf rez and I don't feel like it's needed then they'll have to offer something else to balance her compared to original version and not this already heavily nerfed Mercy. I just don't get why Mercy can't have impact on a game. It's ok for one DPS to get team wipes but for Mercy to rez maybe 7 people in a match is just rediculous barring in mind she barely gets any kills as she has to heal nearly 90% of the time.
Don't take Jeff too seriously. It would'nt be the first time he says firmly something and then does the opposite and has to contradict himself.
He sure looks like is going to try some more times until everybody loses their patience on him, but who knows, that could happen before we think, or maybe even something like trying a "totally not 1.0" Mercy.
They said months ago they were reworking genji and then did'nt, they said they would not implement deathmatch games, and they did, they said they would try different rez modes for mercy, and tried only one...
and I bet I would be able to come with more examples if I did research instead of trusting to memory.
10/27/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Essedus

Mercy players hiding is fake news.
It's not though. If you didn't hide from a grav you were an idiot.

Yes, they gave us Mercy. The healer who in a glorious instant could turn the tide for her team and bring back her teammates who got wiped by they enemy.

Then they went and broke her. And it's that breaking of which we complain. And we attack their attitude of ignoring us because we presumably aren't Master/GM streamers and pros who have their ears.