Game is deliberately keeping me out of Gold.

Competitive Discussion
gateway matches the game tries to scree you to test you

i recall my plat diamond and master gate matches were some of the hardest i played

the game place you with ppl that has sub 50 percent winrate at that level basically
10/21/2017 08:40 PMPosted by Kapoof
10/21/2017 08:15 PMPosted by kitten
You get bad teammates when your Sr exceeds your MMR. In other words, your stats say you belong in silver so it tries to keep you there.

By forcing a losing streak then.

The system shouldn't be trying to put you somewhere or asking you to carry terrible players just because you ranked up a bit.

I see no tracking of who has a mic. Who helped persuade people to make up a winning comp. Who took one for the team and played a healer they don't have amazing stats on, but still won.

Why the heck would the game give me bad teammates as a reward for winning?
(other than to keep me chasing the carrot and hopefully buying loot boxes)

They don't make the games harder on a baseball team just because they won 5 in a row. They play the games given, and the previous games have nothing to do with the difficulty of the next game.

It’s not because you ranked up. It’s because your stats are no longer good enough for the rank you have attained. What is so hard to grasp? If it didn’t do this, each rank would be the same. It has to do this for each rank up to be meaningful.
Ex

10/21/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Kaawumba
03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.

Except it does do that
The system pairs high win rates with low win rates to form a "balanced" team.
The problem is the system does not take into account kd or any Stat when it forms a team. That's the problem, it's a not a delusion when it's this consistently bad.

You shouldn't have to lose 7 games to get teammates that are actually on the same footing as you.
That's what makes a balanced team, players with similar stats. Not Ying and yang winrates.....
10/21/2017 08:09 PMPosted by denouement
ya'll care about rank like you should care about a carrer my god. its a game. relax.

Then stay out of competitive
ya'll care about rank like you should care about a carrer my god. its a game. relax.

Then stay out of competitive

10/21/2017 08:16 PMPosted by Moxsapphire

You all care about rank like you should care about a career. My god. It's a game. Relax.

There you go! Much better!

Who's to say we don't have careers? Who says we're raving spittle onto our keyboards out of madness inducing anger?

You make a lot of generalizations.

EDIT: Downvotes? Any particular reason? For telling someone not to make broad sweeping generalizations about the lives of other people? This forum is awesome. I hope it stays the same forever.

I up voted that !@#$
10/22/2017 12:46 AMPosted by to0ty
gateway matches the game tries to scree you to test you

i recall my plat diamond and master gate matches were some of the hardest i played

the game place you with ppl that has sub 50 percent winrate at that level basically

And Blizz says nothing about it? Just.... hide it? Do they sit home on a Saturday night and snicker about all the players who will become infuriated about this hidden forced gateway idea? They say nothing about it. It shouldn't be there. If that's what they want, then add it to the game and let us know that we'll be playing with idiots if we ever want to rank up to the next tier. In fact, announce it to the entire team. "Hey guys, you're the bad players we selected for this guy to play with. Wish him luck on his gateway match!"
In every game or sport nobody would be surprised if a player can't stay at the highest rank they ever had.

Are you lot equally convinced that you belong at the lowest rank you had in months or do you quickly dismiss it as a momentary dip that says nothing about your true skill?

If so you are not being intellectually honest and, quite frankly, weak minded.
I started at 1928 SR at the start of the season and today i turned gold, woohoo.
best advice? que with friends, seriously
10/21/2017 02:24 AMPosted by Raven
So I reached 1960 season/career high once again in S6, just like in S4, then BOOM! Never have I encountered so many leavers, trolls, and throwers in the past 4 hours. Overwatch has literally thrown everything at me but the kitchen sink and I still stand at 1904 SR as I write this.

I seriously do not understand why the quality of my games have gone down exponentially since hitting my career high? I don't want to believe that the game punishes success, but this has happened to me last season as well as multiple other seasons. This can not be a coincidence. My first time ever making it out of the Bronze Inferno was in season 4 and let me tell you, those transition games between Bronze and Silver were some of the most difficult games I have ever played in my life in this game. I only made it out finally by triple stacking with 2 other good bronze players I met in a previous game to ensure I would lower my chances of getting trolls on my team.

Fast forward later I'm in mid to high silver, games are a cakewalk. I'm playing McCree and I'm loving it. Then BOOM I start to get close to Gold then the quality of my teammates starts deteriorating, and no I'm not talking about bad players. I'm talking about people who absolutely don't care about team composition, or winning, or just flat out throwers; not to mention the amount of diamond/master smurfs I've had to play AGAINST.

This. All of this. I can definitely relate to all of this. I was sitting on 1903 SR last week an then a few days later, I dropped down 1815 SR and then the very next day, I dropped all the way down to 1700 not having won a single game. It's times like these where I just want to beat the crap out of someone. Specifically my teammates.

My playtimes are limited and I rarely get the chance to queue with any of my friends that are reliable. That's when I'm forced to Solo-Queue because when I do feel like playing competitive and no one wants to play with me, I gotta do this bull$#%@.
Once you get to within 50 SR of your season high, take a break from playing, like a year -- minimum. I guarantee that when you jump back on Blizzard will give you a win.
Myself and a few other that I play with regularly have had similar experiences, what really fracks you is if you have 2 or 3 wins AND someone that is about to pop gold - the game basically says oh, a streak? Someone about to pop gold? Ohhhh, wait a second, let me stack you against a team with 100+ SR difference and maybe a leaver for your team...
The OP is in mid gold now.
02/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by SleepyBear

impossibru, the game is against him!
02/11/2018 01:55 PMPosted by CapitLancer
02/11/2018 01:21 PMPosted by SleepyBear

impossibru, the game is against him!

The game is against me too. It's us versus The World.