I was playing ana and then a grown adult man screamed at me

General Discussion
Highly Rated
"PLAY MERCY! PLAY MERCY! IF YOU DON'T PLAY MERCY WE WILL LOSE"

Guess what? (Read my post history for a hint)

I'M NOT PLAYING MERCY ANYMORE.

So instead I went to hanzo to combo my ult with zarya ult. I told them they could play healer.

So for a solid 3 minutes of nonstop I had an adult man screaming, yelling at me calling me down saying I'm throwing. Telling the enemy team to all report me at LEAST 6 times (yes really).

Lemme get one thing straight:

I don't owe any strange adult man that I don't know at all anything.

I don't owe them playing a healer at all.

I don't owe them playing mercy, who I vowed to not play until she is properly addressed AT ALL.

I am so over how entitled so many of the adults that play this video game are.

YOU WANT A MERCY? GOOD. I WILL SWAP OFF HEALER. YOU CAN PICK HER.

Oh no no no no. You have an issue with my HEALER (ana) pick?

YOU PLAY MERCY THEN. You play that "SO CRITICAL CHARACTER".

NOT ME!
I feel your pain. But take some solace in knowing it's nothing you did wrong. It's actually Blizzards fault. They left Ana in the state she is for far to long now, and gave Mercy so much power that she now overshadows all other healers. Blizzard created that monster who yelled at you. That monster will die as soon as Ana gets the much deserved love she needs.

But I am with ya. Best advice that I do in that situation. Tell the person calmly that I am not a good Mercy, and better at Ana, and if he wants a Mercy he can play it, or have someone else pick up Mercy, and Ill happily switch to something I am good at so we dont lose.
Is your mute broken? The conversation should have lasted 30 seconds max.

You: (picks Ana)
Him: Play Mercy
You: I don't want to play Mercy. If you want a Mercy you can heal and I'll fill
Him: IF YOU DON'T PLAY MERCY WE WILL LOSE
You: (mutes/squelches him) I'm staying on Ana. You're muted for yelling. If you change to Mercy I'll swap to fill at my next death and unmute you.
That dudes gonna get a vacation so fast. I wouldn't worry about it.
I just want to play my Zenyatta but nah, team decides to go all DPS while asking me to change to Mercy
I love Ana mains, I will gladly accept them on my team
I usually choose first or last, but because i have so many hours, people ask me to switch to dva, or swtich off characters like soldier and zen only for them to switch to those characters. I honestly wish people could just suck it up and understand that people have their choices and are trying their hardest.
i like how this is worded out in that while it acknowledges that there's obviously balancing issues with Mercy but addresses the toxicity as it's main point. Honestly, if you want a better healer/hitscan/tank/dps/whatever then BE THE BETTER healer/hitscan/tank/dps/whatever. Honestly, the moment I think that we need a certain hero I'd switch and if my current hero was somehow needed to counter enemies I'd ask my team if somehow could fill in the role I was switching from. Because, priority is to deal with the bigger problem. If they don't want to switch that's fine cause noone in this game is obligated to do what you want. Sure people that throwers/trolls exist and are annoying as hell, but if someone is doing their best I don't see why anyone should be rude about it.
Tbh that man should have been grateful that you picked Ana in the first place. I have hardly seen anybody who picks a healer because they weren't yelled at in your case. I congratulate you, and hope that your future games will be positive experiences!
Tbh that man should have been grateful that you picked Mercy. I have hardly seen anybody who picks a healer because they weren't yelled at inn your case. I congratulate you, and hope that your future games will be positive experiences!

They picked Ana not Mercy. The guy was screaming at them to switch off of ana and play mercy.
10/25/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Superbunny
Is your mute broken? The conversation should have lasted 30 seconds max.

You: (picks Ana)
Him: Play Mercy
You: I don't want to play Mercy. If you want a Mercy you can heal and I'll fill
Him: IF YOU DON'T PLAY MERCY WE WILL LOSE
You: (mutes/squelches him) I'm staying on Ana. You're muted for yelling. If you change to Mercy I'll swap to fill at my next death and unmute you.

Mute is always the best option yes, but conversations as such really shouldn't be going down in the first place (at least - not as frequently as they do).

And it's a real shame. It's not just Ana. Zenyatta and Lucio get some pretty harsh reactions as well. I just wish Mercy wasn't a must-pick. I wish that every healer was an acceptable choice, because at this point, it's really sucking the life out of playing support.
I would have muted the !@#$ the minute he didn't offer to heal after you switched.
The people in "vs. AI" are so nice. It's something about human competition in PvP that makes people nuts. Add Internet Culture (say whatever crappy thought you just had out loud)...
maybe it wasn’t a grown adult man - could of been a dwarf teenage female. Or a somewhat average sized middle age person of questionable gender.

Either way - yes mercy is ruining the support class, and I’m also tired of people telling others what to do. I can make my own stupid choices all by myself.
He is right tho.

Picking Hanzo is far better than picking Ana.

Neither is a healer

But Hanzo has Sonic and Scatter.
10/25/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Sovereign
So for a solid 3 minutes of nonstop I had an adult man screaming
Calling them an "adult" is pretty generous. Sounds like some 30 something year old baby.
Yea I don't play Mercy anymore.

You'll take my nanoboosts and you'll like it.
The guy is an idiot but this says more about the games balance state than anything.

Bastion wasn't left as a must pick so why is Mercy?
As a Torb main, I feel you.
10/25/2017 07:05 PMPosted by Sovereign
"PLAY MERCY! PLAY MERCY! IF YOU DON'T PLAY MERCY WE WILL LOSE"

Guess what? (Read my post history for a hint)

I'M NOT PLAYING MERCY ANYMORE.

So instead I went to hanzo to combo my ult with zarya ult. I told them they could play healer.

So for a solid 3 minutes of nonstop I had an adult man screaming, yelling at me calling me down saying I'm throwing. Telling the enemy team to all report me at LEAST 6 times (yes really).

Lemme get one thing straight:

I don't owe any strange adult man that I don't know at all anything.

I don't owe them playing a healer at all.

I don't owe them playing mercy, who I vowed to not play until she is properly addressed AT ALL.

I am so over how entitled so many of the adults that play this video game are.

YOU WANT A MERCY? GOOD. I WILL SWAP OFF HEALER. YOU CAN PICK HER.

Oh no no no no. You have an issue with my HEALER (ana) pick?

YOU PLAY MERCY THEN. You play that "SO CRITICAL CHARACTER".

NOT ME!

Amen