Switching to PC

General Discussion
If I switch from Console to PC can i transfer my in-game progress or do i have to start a new account? Thanks in advance.
You have to start a new account.
I was a console player myself and yes you do I miss my silver boarder sometimes :(
10/31/2017 08:56 AMPosted by Hoshimata
If I switch from Console to PC can i transfer my in-game progress or do i have to start a new account? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, you have to start a new account. We keep exploring ways of unifying accounts across platforms but it is challenging from a technical and partnership standpoint. We will keep exploring though.

We really appreciate you playing the game on multiple platforms.
10/31/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Unfortunately, you have to start a new account. We keep exploring ways of unifying accounts across platforms but it is challenging from a technical and partnership standpoint. We will keep exploring though.

ty jeff

Please Jeff, please make this a thing....i have a PC account but i realized how much i enjoyed the cosmetics and i'm not really willing to start from scratch.

Thanks for this! I wanted to play on pc too but everything I have is on ps4 so I ended up going back. I love the pc version more and I love playing on the ptr, if there was any way to transfer over our stuff I would deeply appreciate it.
10/31/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Arx

Please Jeff, please make this a thing....i have a PC account but i realized how much i enjoyed the cosmetics and i'm not really willing to start from scratch.

I play on Xbox, PS4 and PC so trust me -- I feel ya.
how hard could it be to copy a list of cosmetics and level from a ps4 /xbox to a pc? they just want you to have to buy lootboxes to get your cosmetics back =]
10/31/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Yeah, I remember you bringing up you had multiple copies.

Well, either way it's good to know that you're trying your best on an issue we want to see resolved.

Thanks

By any chance, do you have a rough estimate as to how many hours you put into each platform?
10/31/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Popcron
...I play on Xbox, PS4 and PC so trust me -- I feel ya.
By any chance, do you have a rough estimate as to how many hours you put into each platform?

I play mostly on PC. But my brother and best friend play on PS4, so when I play with them, I am on PS4. I play least on Xbox but I enjoy the Xbox controller the most...
I'm swapping hands to play OW for injury reasons. Will I be banned because of the drastic change in skill?
10/31/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
... By any chance, do you have a rough estimate as to how many hours you put into each platform?

I play mostly on PC. But my brother and best friend play on PS4, so when I play with them, I am on PS4. I play least on Xbox but I enjoy the Xbox controller the most...
Jeff can i get a comment on my doomfist thread? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759096265?page=1
10/31/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
... By any chance, do you have a rough estimate as to how many hours you put into each platform?

If you haven't noticed...the console versions are missing basic social features like group privacy options, something the PC version has had since launch...think we can get that too?

Oh, really? If you people doing it, I will switching to PC too. Thank you, Captain Kaplan!
I would also like to jump in and say I would really love this feature to be implemented. I'm in the middle of building my first gaming computer now and would love to purchase Overwatch for it. But to be fully honest, the amount of time I have spent getting all the skins and special event items for just my favorite character alone (Tracer, literally all of them, the UK olympics one I finally got after a year of waiting) and then the knowledge I would have to do it again is just too big a turn off for me to consider buying the game again, no matter how much of a deal I could find it for and how much more I may enjoy the game with a mouse and keyboard.

I really hope it's possible. I moved out for college and because i didn't want to bring my huge gaming pc and i don't want to buy an expensive laptop i ended up getting a ps4 pro. Love the thing to death but it sucks that i can't play overwatch because i have some really nice event skins and i'm like rank 200 something. Would even be willing to pay a little bit of cash for the option.

Can you do a community game one day? I think it would be a ton of fun to play with the creator of my favorite game! I personally play on PC, but I know some people who would love it on both platforms.
Please look at this more. I recently just switched to PC and items are even harder to get now because there are double the rewards (which isnt a bad thing) but now I am getting items I already had in my PS4 accounts and not getting many of the new items.

I am not sure on how the politics of console vs pc works backstage but I am sure you guys have access to the list of items we own on console (the event website checklist shows us what items we have on console). I hope it becomes possible. I miss my cosmetics :(