So who hacked omnics in Pharah comics

General Discussion
Those killed half of her squad.

Was it Sombra? Or there's another great Talon hacker that can turn regular omnics into murderbots?

If it was Sombra, well, she's much more evil than she appears to be (it's good).
It was the God Program Anubis
11/08/2017 09:37 PMPosted by SteamPunk

i probably should've reread comics before posting

What the hell is god program anyway? How many are there? How do they created?
BEEN HERE ALL AL0NG
11/08/2017 09:40 PMPosted by BlackTemplar
11/08/2017 09:37 PMPosted by SteamPunk

"God program" is more of a colloquial term describing Anubis than a designation for a class of AIs.
So like a hive mind of sorts, or maybe a central AI??
11/08/2017 10:19 PMPosted by Michael Chu

"God program" is more of a colloquial term describing Anubis than a designation for a class of AIs.

Go to sleep. Don't you have work tomorrow?

Good to know :O!!

Would Sombra be good enough to hack and submit something that powerful?
All this time I thought God Programs are responsible for the omnium going berserk... (OR IS IT!?)
11/08/2017 10:31 PMPosted by RSMOwDAD
All this time I thought God Programs are responsible for the omnium going berserk... (OR IS IT!?)

From what I know it's basically like this:
* AI is heralded as the new era and they build giant machines that are supposed to reshape the world into a better place driven by AI
* There's money scandals, corruption, and a loss of faith and trust in this new direction as it isn't getting any of the results it promised
* It's mostly defunded and left to be
* They start dismantling the omnics and turning them off
* Omnics fight back, which is called the omnic crisis

Feel free to correct me. I'm not sure who the omnics in charge are or which ones are hostile and which try to coexist like Zen and a lot of them you see in Widow's short. If it was explained anywhere I missed it, I haven't read all the comics yet though. In Pharah's though they did fight Anubis. I know there was tons of bastions and prior versions of orisa that were used to do the fighting on the omnic behalf.

Good question, I thought I knew but I guess I didn't xD A lot of my understanding of it came from just one thread though and it kind of surprised me so it makes sense it only refers to Anubis since he's the only one they've mentioned as such that I know of.

Ok but what is Anubis? What is his purpose?
From what I know it's basically like this:
* AI is heralded as the new era and they build giant machines that are supposed to reshape the world into a better place driven by AI
* There's money scandals, corruption, and a loss of faith and trust in this new direction as it isn't getting any of the results it promised
* It's mostly defunded and left to be
* They start dismantling the omnics and turning them off
* Omnics fight back, which is called the omnic crisis

Nah. The God Programs took control of the omnics, THAT was the omnic crisis
11/08/2017 11:00 PMPosted by SteamPunk
Nah. The God Programs took control of the omnics, THAT was the omnic crisis

Hm well that counters what Michael Chu just told us tho :/

according to a wiki I read, omniums; massive, automated factories governed by self-improving software algorithms, are what caused the omnic crisis. They were asleep 30 years then several of them inexplicably at least so far, reactivated and started building military grade omnics and deployed them against the nations of the world.
I feel sort of let down hearing that "god programs" aren't a class of powerful AI. Here I was theorizing there were multiple ones besides Anubis and Osirus, that Athena is one that allied itself with Overwatch...

I really wish for clarification here. What's the point of Anubis, where did Anubis even come from, if it isn't part of a classification like this? It's just a rogue powerful AI that managed to take over a bunch of omnics, and that's it? "God program" just refers to Anubis itself?

But then, why name multiple AI after mythological gods...
11/08/2017 09:37 PMPosted by BlackTemplar

Was it Sombra? Or there's another great Talon hacker that can turn regular omnics into murderbots?

If it was Sombra, well, she's much more evil than she appears to be (it's good).

I know you've been trying to get an answer about doomfist, so how does it feel to get an answer to an unimportant topic so fast, while being in dark about doomfist for about 4 months?
I still wonder with the "God AI" if Athena might be one too.
11/09/2017 05:30 AMPosted by iSinner
I know you've been trying to get an answer about doomfist, so how does it feel to get an answer to an unimportant topic so fast, while being in dark about doomfist for about 4 months?

Can't we just have our nice lore thread...
11/09/2017 05:30 AMPosted by iSinner
11/08/2017 09:37 PMPosted by BlackTemplar

Michael Chu is responsible for lore, not game balance. Also Jeff already gave few interviews and spoke about a lot of things.