Blizzard trying so hard to protect Genji and Tracer.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/15/2017 01:49 PMPosted by Destian
09/15/2017 01:02 AMPosted by BeastMermaid
Genji and Tracer are, in Blizzard's mind, what sells esports. And OVERWATCH MUST TOTALLY BECOME ESPORTS11!!!!!111 ESPORTS!!! MONEY!!! ESPORTS MONEY!!!!!

So of course they're gonna touch them as little as humanly possible.

The irony being that they're both boring AF to watch in esports...
True.

I stopped watching overwatch pro games on youtube since this meta started. I only followed my country during world cup, and skipped every other games because it was only mirror comps.
Protect from what? Comments on the general discussion forum? Do you really think what people write on this forum has any weight when it comes to their internal balancing decisions?
09/15/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Superbunny
Protect from what? Comments on the general discussion forum? Do you really think what people write on this forum has any weight when it comes to their internal balancing decisions?

Roadhog, D.Va, Ana, Mercy etc.
09/15/2017 12:46 AMPosted by RobotWizard
Mei needs a buff so she can step up and do her job. This solves the problem.

and she's hella cute
Literally the only two heroes I hate in this game. (Hated them for over a year now, develop my play style is based on countering them.) I can't respect anyone who plays them in quickplay.

It's like playing three turn kill infect deck in a casual game of Magic The Gathering. Not fun.

playing Destiny 2, till a patch comes out
I will never say this game is good till they have been reworked.
09/15/2017 02:31 PMPosted by DoomFish
I will never say this game is good till they have been reworked.

Why, Tracers win rate is terrible not even GM players are winning with her anymore.

Working your butt off in a high risk battle for a single kill can't compete with pressing Q to kill 3 people anymore
09/15/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Ephemiel
Genji's the most used hero, Tracer is the face of the game.

This is why they refuse to accept they are the main issues.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

"'Most used". Sure, if you count 10th most picked is most used.
Ever heard of this character called Sombra that hacks Tracer's and Genji's abilities leaving them useless? (Now..... Let's sit back and watch these insane downvotes roll in, LOL)
09/15/2017 07:04 AMPosted by ǶMuscleHunk
09/15/2017 01:20 AMPosted by EMc73
Ana and D.Va were nerfed because they became mandatory. They said they never intended to nerf Hog. Bastion was nerfed because he could beat people that were better players just by surviving indefinitely.

Meanwhile: http://www.omnicmeta.com/2017/09/overwatch-hero-meta-report-pc-september.html?m=1

Tracer and Genji aren't mandatory anywhere. Even in GM their pick rate is below 40%. In every other rank Tracer is a well below average hero pick. In your rank, OP, S76 and McCree are picked 50% more than her, and the only people below her are Reaper and Sombra (Doomfist is getting his hitbox fixed soon).

Exactly how low do you want Tracer's pickrate to be? I think I could understand the criticism more if a GM had issues with her, but a diamond player trying to get a well below average hero nerfed is kinda sad.
Tracer and Genji aren't mandatory?

HAHAHAHA. Play a game at GM rank or higher please. In fact you could just watch a stream, how often are there any matches without those 2 heroes?

I love them, but they're definitely mandatory at higher ranks. None of the new DPS heroes have challenged Tracers power or even Genjis.

Uh.

All of my games since season 2 have been GM or higher.

They're not mandatory, they're just very solid picks. Nobody has ever said "S76, you are throwing, switch to Tracer already". That's what a mandatory hero is like. Sub 40% pickrate is not mandatory. They're mandatory in the pro scene though, but I don't think the game should be balanced around a hundred or so people. That's why Lucio hasn't been nerfed.

Ana and D.Va are the only people to become mandatory since the Genji nerf. I genuinely could not play Mercy without being asked to switch to Ana, whilst being called a thrower.

I'm all for heroes having counters, but with how powerful and common Tracer or Genji are, Mei would become too good if they did that IMO. I'm not saying I don't like Mei, but I just don't think she should be a mandatory pick.
Dude you just suck
A McCree who can land his flashbang and his follow up shots destroys these 2, but the same people who say Mercy takes no skill to play also don't think McCree is a counter to them even though he can easily beat either of them consistantly with Skillful play.
Just boop
I just want them to get around to fixing Genji's deflect. He can deflect from damn near 5 and 7 o'clock (rear) and direct the fire forward. What kind of sense does that make? In what world is that possible?

Also, I was under the impression that last year sometime they were supposed to increase the animation to reflect the actual hit box. As a Pharah player, I can honestly say that nothing is more annoying that intentionally shooting meters beside the deflecting Genji, far away from the animation, (for the splash damage) and it somehow coming back at your face. Or shooting him from behind and he sends your rockets into someone else (seriously, what is that, Blizzard?!).

Beyond that, I think that his damage potential is insane. He can do 174 damage in just about a second. Left click, dash, melee. No other hero can put out that kind of damage with such minimal effort and relative reliability. I am by no means saying Genji is easy, I suck with him, but you've gotta admit that combo is insane.
Agree, i wrote a thread to explain her problems and find a way to fix them: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758685920. She's underpowered and more used to stall in this state and is not really fun.
09/15/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Dva
09/15/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Superbunny

Roadhog, D.Va, Ana, Mercy etc.

You don't actually believe those had to do with what we say here, do you? Explain Zarya's nerf then her buff that no one saw coming, or Junkrat for that matter. You can find dozens of threads on every single hero asking for a nerf or a buff. Just because some of the most often complained about heroes got nerfs doesn't mean the forums had anything to do with it.
We don't need more nerfs with an entire defense class par junkrat beign useless. WE NEED BUFFS TO THEM SO THEY CAN COUNTER FLANKERS LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO.
buff mei buff mc cree watch them drop down like flies
I know for a fact that Blizz is never going to nerf Tracer. The moment ppl started focusing on how unfairly strong Tracers is for her lack of hard counters, Jeff posted a long wall of text about "the perception of balance" to drive people away from demanding nerfs for Tracer and blaming her OP state on the dive meta being too strong.

Of course that did not lead into any promises to buff defense heroes either, They just want Tracer to have as much advantage as the balance can possibly hold cuz she's their beloved poster lesbian.