Is Reinhardt Viable again?

General Discussion
I only ask because of the D.VA Rework.

I love D.VA but I really missed seeing that silly old German in my games.
He's viable. Most people couldn't even execute dive properly, so you could run rein anyway. But he's definitely in a good spot meta-wise now.
I still play Reinhardt because most people don't see it coming. One nice thing about Rienhardt is that he is Og in design philosophy. All these heroes have these crazy fancy abilities that shut down or wreck most of the cast, but Reinhardt uneffected by most of them.

Hammer beats D. Matrix.
Hammer beats Winston bubble.
Hammer beats Dragonblade.
I mean... Overall since his primary attack is a huge melee swing, once you get in his effective range, Rienhardt can make most characters his !@#$%.

The hard part is getting to that range without being mowed down. Once you're there though, it's a birthday party, Rein's the one with the stick and everyone else is a pinata.
Also, one of my favorite tricks with Reinhardt is to pretend to run away through a door or a hallway and as soon as I do I flip around and charge and the person chasing me gets freight trained the second they come through the door.

I'm surprised how often this actually works.
REINHARDT IS ALWAYS THE RIGHT CHOICE COMRADE!!!
HUZZAH!!!
Less DVA means more Zarya and Hog, and that means more Rein and less Winston. Orisa is still kind of a non-factor.
09/20/2017 03:37 PMPosted by LuckyTiger
I only ask because of the D.VA Rework.

I love D.VA but I really missed seeing that silly old German in my games.

I use this guy a lot in last patch. He's way underrated.
A lot of the issues with Rein have been more inconsistencies and bugs with his own kit. As those get resolved he will be in a better and better position. He also has the potential to synergize very well with the new Mercy by being more aggressive and counting on a res every 30 seconds.
I have noticed a huge spike in Rein's pick rate after the patch but idk for how long it is going to be.
I hardly even seen any Reins before that.