[Hero Concept] Shepherd, Bounty Hunter Support

General Discussion
Name: Shepherd
Role: Support

HP: 250 health
Speed: 5.5m (normal)

Passive: Headhunter
Shepherd and all allies within 15m of him have their headshot multipliers increased by 0.5x. Whenever Shepherd gets a headshot elimination, this bonus doubles for three seconds.

Primary Fire: Plasma Shotgun
Shepherd’s custom shotgun packs quite a punch at close range. Each shot fires 15 hitscan pellets in a wide spread. These pellets deal 2-6 damage, falling off between 10m and 20m, and can headshot. Fires 1.33 shots per second. Holds 8 rounds. 1.5-second reload time.

Secondary Fire: Closed Choke
For enemies at longer ranges, Shepherd can tighten the spread of his shotgun, at the cost of damage. With this ability active (option of either a toggle, or press-and-hold), the spread of Plasma Shotgun is reduced by 50% and the damage falls off between 20m and 30m, but the damage per pellet is reduced by 33%. No cooldown.

E Ability: Bounty
Put a mark on an enemy player within 30m, rewarding anyone willing to take them out. Whenever that enemy takes damage, they emit a healing pulse that heals Shepherd and his allies within 15m of them equal to 15% of the damage taken. This healing is doubled for headshots. The mark lasts until the target dies, or for 5 seconds, whichever comes first. 5-second cooldown, which starts when the mark ends.

Shift Ability: Shepherd’s Crook
A grappling hook tethers an enemy to Shepherd. They won’t be getting away. Fires a fast projectile with a maximum range of 10m. The first enemy it hits is tethered. Neither Shepherd nor the target can move 10m away from each other until either one of them dies, Shepherd reactivates the ability, or after 5 seconds. 8-second cooldown, which starts after the ability ends.

Ultimate Ability: Survivor
Shepherd’s been through worse. For a 6-second duration, all damage Shepherd takes is converted into decaying shields, which decay at a rate of 60 HP per second. Relatively fast charge time.

--

Shepherd is a support, providing his allies with healing and additional damage output and setting up kills while also being difficult to remove from the battlefield.

This is a support who is not countered by flankers. He has a fair amount of HP, good close-range damage output, and crowd control. Close-range, dive-oriented heroes will have a tough time bursting him down.

His passive gives nearby teammates a slight edge if they can hit headshots. For example, McCree normally deals 140 damage with a headshot, but with Shepherd nearby, that goes up to 175, allowing him to kill Tracer in one shot. If Shepherd gets a headshot kill himself, the bonus temporarily doubles, so that McCree would be hitting 210-damage headshots, allowing him to one-shot squishies if his friendly Shepherd is skilled enough.

His dual firing modes make him very adaptable. In close-quarters, he can deal a substantial amount of damage in a short time, not quite as much as a DPS, but a respectable output, clocking in at 120 DPS. Coupled with his extra sustain, and he’s extremely difficult to trade into. His long-range option does less damage, 80 DPS, but is more accurate at long range, letting him poke down enemies with his tight spread. It’s tight enough that even airborne targets are threatened by him.

His first ability, Bounty, is his primary means of supporting the team. It allows him to turn an enemy into a beacon of healing, punishing enemies for engaging into his team and rewarding his allies for prioritizing targets and being highly skilled. Enemies with big hitboxes, namely tanks, become healing batteries, and high-priority targets, like the enemy healers, become easier to engage on.

Shepherd’s Crook allows him to control an enemy who strays too close, forcing them to stay in close-quarters with him, where he’s at his most powerful. Dive-focused heroes or enemies who stray out of position become easy kills as Shepherd keeps them in place for his allies to clean up.

His ultimate, Survivor, is rather selfish for a support, but it has a specific purpose. The point of Shepherd is to be a support who is hard to kill, and this ultimate hammers that in. With this ability active, Shepherd cannot die as long as he is taking damage. Enemies are encouraged to stop shooting the support to let his shields decay, and this form of self-peel is exactly what Shepherd wants. It gives him more time to lock an enemy down with Crook, it gives him more time to pump shots into his Bounty target to heal his team, and gives him more time to just survive on the objective.

This hero is specifically designed to counter a dive-heavy and tank-heavy meta. He’s difficult for a single enemy to focus, and can punish enemies who overextend. Marked enemy tanks are easy to farm for healing, and marked enemy divers have a hard time trading into anybody. In order to counter him, the enemy should play long-range heroes that aren’t close enough to the action for a Bounty to heal anybody, and aren’t susceptible to being tethered in place, such as McCree, Junkrat, Orisa, and Zenyatta.
So the Gman transported him to Overwatch?
You've obviously put a lot of thought into this, He sounds interesting to play, and very unique, something that we need for a new support hero.
A few numbers could be tweaked, but the concept employs standard abilities that haven't been implemented yet, in a unique set up. I like (most of) it!
I think this is a good way for DPS mains (including myself) to try a support! I like the concept here.
he will be counter to REAPER ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like the leech-life ability. Basically he acts as the shot-caller of the team, focusing fire on single enemies. Doing that with game mechanics is a very cool idea.

The passive headhunter ability i'm not so sure about. I could see that being abused and it might be super frustrating to play against. Quick examples: Would that stack with mercy/orisa boost or zen's discord orb? Where would this hero be played or become unintentionally powerful? In a dive comp with tracer or genji? That's scary as hell. With his shift ability he could snatch a target (main healer?) and tracer could kill them faster than she already does...
I like the leech-life ability. And it has great synergy with his Bounty ability; basically he acts as the shot-caller of the team, focusing fire on single enemies. Doing that with game mechanics is a very cool idea.

The passive headhunter ability i'm not so sure about. I could see that being abused and it might be super frustrating to play against. Quick examples: Would that stack with mercy/orisa boost or zen's discord orb? Where would this hero be played or become unintentionally powerful? In a dive comp with tracer or genji? That's scary as hell. With his shift ability he could snatch a target (main healer?) and tracer could kill them faster than she already does...

The idea is that yes, it would stack with other damage boosts, but an increased headshot multiplier doesn't do much for allies that can't hit headshots. It's one thing to just give a flat damage output increased, but only improving headshots sets the bar a little higher.

Further, Shepherd's abilities all have a rather short range, and he has no mobility. His passive is limited to 15m, and his Crook is limited to 10m. If he's able to just walk into the enemy team (perhaps using his ult to do so), or the enemy healer goes that far out of position, then I think he would deserve to set up that kill, especially if there's a skilled flanker there to help.